Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Suddenly Appears on Steam

Bindal

May 14, 2012
BOOM headshot65 said:
Nooners said:
Saw Markiplier's video of it annnnnnnnd YUP bring me my brown pants!

I wonder how long the creator is gonna keep this gravy train rolling. I know some people are complaining that these are coming out too soon after the alst, but they're technically less complicated than Myst and cost less than a Baconator combo meal. What's the problem?
From what I understand, Scott said that, barring spinoffs or games inspired by it, this will be the Last Five Nights At Freddy's game. He said it was always going to be a trilogy and that is not up to negotiation, no matter how popular.
Well, he also added a clear hook for a sequel at the end of Night 6 so it's not as unnegotiable as he claims, I guess.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
The first night has the guy talking to you on the phone till 4AM.

Just saiyan... When you talk on the phone for 4hrs it's a bit too much.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
VincentX3 said:

Thats mostly to explain story it seems and make the first night easy and misleading

Jan 27, 2011
0_o ALREADY?!

Damn this guy works fast.

Honestly, I think he should have waited another month or so. Too much FNAF all at once, people are gonna get burned out!

...In any case, cool. Looking forward for the next Game Theory on the lore, looking forward to reading about the mechanics and story on the wiki as well. Because no way in hell am I playing it. I'm not good with those kinds of games.

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
VincentX3 said:

As someone who has sisters... yes. Yes it is.

Jan 27, 2011
0_o I poked around on the wiki (which has nothing up yet), but the comments section has apparently ALREADY found the super tricky to find secret ending, which requires (from just skimming the text) a TON of very precise steps to pull off.

Internet, you're nuts. I can't believe you've found stuff that tricky and complex within a single freakin' day.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
aegix drakan said:
0_o I poked around on the wiki (which has nothing up yet), but the comments section has apparently ALREADY found the super tricky to find secret ending, which requires (from just skimming the text) a TON of very precise steps to pull off.

Internet, you're nuts. I can't believe you've found stuff that tricky and complex within a single freakin' day.
They probably just datamined it, like they did for The Lost in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Maybe this time it will feature actual gameplay mechanics beyond "Follow flowchart for Night , roll dice."
Ah, who am I kidding? There's a reason why they've made three of these things in the span of 8 months.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
aegix drakan said:

Well, it's about as tricky as it has been before - finish Night 6.
Other things are a few hidden mini-games, but those aren't endings.

Atmos Duality said:
Maybe this time it will feature actual gameplay mechanics beyond "Follow flowchart for Night , roll dice."
Ah, who am I kidding? There's a reason why they've made three of these things in the span of 8 months.
Probably because it is just one guy with quite a lot of creativity in terms of lore? Plus, it's more than just a flowchart as all animatronics have a (considering the game mechanics, simple) AI.

Jan 27, 2011
Aeshi said:
aegix drakan said:

They probably just datamined it, like they did for The Lost in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
Yeah, probably. :( Now I'm a lot less impressed.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
VincentX3 said:

They're also very fast hours, because there's no threat the first night.

The animatronic arrives the next night.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
kenu12345 said:
VincentX3 said:

Thats mostly to explain story it seems and make the first night easy and misleading
also, because they didn't break into the walled up room at that point, nothing can possibly attack you anyway

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
aegix drakan said:
Looking forward for the next Game Theory on the lore, looking forward to reading about the mechanics and story on the wiki as well. Because no way in hell am I playing it. I'm not good with those kinds of games.
Same here, I appreciate its existence, and love the story. But I'm not risking a fresh pair of undies and my already questionable mental state for this. Seriously, I still can't walk through my own hallways without the light on because my stupid brain keeps fearing something's gonna pop out of one the rooms. And I didn't even play it!

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I watched Markiplier play this one up to night 2. Holy shit, this one actually scared me just from watching the YouTube video. BB is a fucking asshole. His false jump scare actually frightened me. And don't even get me started on Freddie looking in from that window. When Markiplier didn't notice I was practically screaming at him to notice. "Markiplier! Freddie is right there! He's right there! Run you fool!" Scott really seems to have outdone himself this time. Game looks challenging, but in a non-tedious way as in 2, new baddies are scary, and it's really different from the other two. I'll have to pick it up myself sometime.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Nooners said:
Saw Markiplier's video of it annnnnnnnd YUP bring me my brown pants!
Wait, markiplier has already started on this? Well, crap... now I know what I'm doing tonight.

If it's anything like the first two, I probably won't play it. I played the first one on my brother's recommendation, and while the novel approach to jump scares was interesting for the first little while, the game didn't involve enough of... well, anything, really, gameplay, story, something to compel me on.

Definitely a game that's more fun to watch someone play than to play yourself. Even the lore of the series is mostly created by the community based on a few paragraphs of exposition.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
lacktheknack said:
VincentX3 said:

I know. But that's pretty much makes this a Four-Nights at freedys game then. (Not counting the 6th bonus night)
It just seem's like waste.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
VincentX3 said:
lacktheknack said:
VincentX3 said:

I know. But that's pretty much makes this a Four-Nights at freedys game then. (Not counting the 6th bonus night)
It just seem's like waste.
Well, the game was in desperate need for a tutorial or other kind of explainations, where you can't actually die. But yes, it is a bit sloppy to incoperate it as a full night instead of an addional one or just some audio you can listen to in the main menu.

Flamespeak

May 19, 2010
While not my cup of tea, I do like the way the FNAF crew releases their titles. No build-up or anything just, 'Yup, that's all working right. Throw it on Steam. The people who want it will find out about it.' I don't know if that is ballsy, lazy, or insane, but I do know it is refreshing.

Merlark

Dec 18, 2003
well of course he had to release 5 nights at Freddy's 3 on the third day of the 3rd month of the year. I mean that is just obvious. :)

This guy has a thing for numbers I think.

I don't particularly like the game itself, because of its lack of logical sense. the game will show one of the animatronics get off the stage for example in the previous game and they will freeze frame when you look at them in the camera and then wink, they are gone. check the camera again, logically they should be in the adjoining room but nope, they are two rooms over or on the other side of the building etc. stuff seems to just randomly happen and what you do or how you interact with the game seem to only be part of the factor of a successful night completion. watching markaplyer do things seems to support this. part of a win seems to just be luck that the games random dice rolls don't kill him.

Everything else I love, even if ump scares always seem to get me, the atmosphere, the story and the theme. this game seems to be made for LP's and for that, i'm thankful even if its not my "game".