Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Suddenly Appears on Steam

seris

Oct 14, 2013
this release seems by far the laziest of all te games, it looks nicer sure but its so insanely short and easy that there is no challenge. not to mention the lore is extremely lacking.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
seris said:
this release seems by far the laziest of all te games, it looks nicer sure but its so insanely short and easy that there is no challenge. not to mention the lore is extremely lacking.
...uh...what? What about the lore is lacking?

It's the end of the lore, how is it lacking? It is the final denouement of many of the spirits in the game. The murderer is dead (and likely burned away in the fire), the children are freed, and the last remnants of the haunted place are burned away in the fire. It ends. Surprising in a series everyone screams is milking itself ends just as quickly.

Going by how many people hate this game because it "milking", it's sure is funny to see that this game looks to be it. Without spoiling, this game, lore wise, ties up many (though not all) loose ends by the end.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
BOOM headshot65 said:
Nooners said:
Saw Markiplier's video of it annnnnnnnd YUP bring me my brown pants!

I wonder how long the creator is gonna keep this gravy train rolling. I know some people are complaining that these are coming out too soon after the alst, but they're technically less complicated than Myst and cost less than a Baconator combo meal. What's the problem?
From what I understand, Scott said that, barring spinoffs or games inspired by it, this will be the Last Five Nights At Freddy's game. He said it was always going to be a trilogy and that is not up to negotiation, no matter how popular.
From what I've read about it, it wraps everything up in this game. All questions answered.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Surprise releases are grand. Thankfully it was a game and not a song/album so I don't have to hear "oh they pulled a Beyoncé!!!11!!"

Guess it's time to look at how Golden Bonnie is used, Bonnie being the only one that disturbed me.

Can't wait for the influx of FNaF OCs.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Merlark said:
well of course he had to release 5 nights at Freddy's 3 on the third day of the 3rd month of the year. I mean that is just obvious. :)

This guy has a thing for numbers I think.

I don't particularly like the game itself, because of its lack of logical sense. the game will show one of the animatronics get off the stage for example in the previous game and they will freeze frame when you look at them in the camera and then wink, they are gone. check the camera again, logically they should be in the adjoining room but nope, they are two rooms over or on the other side of the building etc. stuff seems to just randomly happen and what you do or how you interact with the game seem to only be part of the factor of a successful night completion. watching markaplyer do things seems to support this. part of a win seems to just be luck that the games random dice rolls don't kill him.

Everything else I love, even if ump scares always seem to get me, the atmosphere, the story and the theme. this game seems to be made for LP's and for that, i'm thankful even if its not my "game".
Then you would be glad to know that the animatronic on this game does actually go from room to room and is trackable. Its very interesting since it makes it seems pretty cool and adds a bet of strategy management it seems

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
Maybe there's something I (and the Lets Players) are missing, but this one's use of jump scares seems to be inferior than the first game. Five Nights at Freddy's should, in my opinion, be a game about preventing jump scares. You should be afraid of the next jump scare, not just afraid when a jump scare is currently happening. Because of this, I think the constant hallucination jump scares are a mistake and make the game worse.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Grumman said:
Maybe there's something I (and the Lets Players) are missing, but this one's use of jump scares seems to be inferior than the first game. Five Nights at Freddy's should, in my opinion, be a game about preventing jump scares. You should be afraid of the next jump scare, not just afraid when a jump scare is currently happening. Because of this, I think the constant hallucination jump scares are a mistake and make the game worse.
I admire the implementation of the jump scares in that they're needless fanservice, and the jump scared themselves are grand, but I agree with you, the game shouldn't be about the jump scares.

I'm just wondering where Bonnie is if this new Animatronic isn't Golden Bonnie after all ;-(

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
Evonisia said:
Grumman said:
I admire the implementation of the jump scares in that they're needless fanservice, and the jump scared themselves are grand, but I agree with you, the game shouldn't be about the jump scares.
The art assets for these jump scares do look good. My thought is that the first hallucination should clue you into the problem, and once you know you need to keep the ventilation working you shouldn't suffer another unless you do something wrong. Having the occasional RNG failure that makes one impossible to avoid by accident is one thing, but at the moment there seems to be no way to stop it before the jump scare happens.

It would be like if in the first game when there's an animatronic at your door it popped up right in front of you and went "Boo!", instead of just having the scare chord.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Evonisia said:
Grumman said:

I'm just wondering where Bonnie is if this new Animatronic isn't Golden Bonnie after all ;-(
It's not Golden Bonnie. Basically, from what I can gather, the purple man smashed all the original four animatronics and then created a frankenstien's monster of all four before he was killed and stuffed into it.

It has a name; Springtrap.

Also, the jump scares have two scares; the first is a jump where BB or someone freaks you the fuck out, but then the second one is when you realise the alarms are blaring and Springtrap is attracted to noise, so you're rushing to try and reset the oxygen flow while you know that Springtrap is hauling arse to come find you and you're blacking in and out of awareness.
Flamespeak said:
While not my cup of tea, I do like the way the FNAF crew releases their titles. No build-up or anything just, 'Yup, that's all working right. Throw it on Steam. The people who want it will find out about it.' I don't know if that is ballsy, lazy, or insane, but I do know it is refreshing.
Dude knows he has devoted fans, and word of mouth, just like his first one.

Also, he seems to be too humble to be blowing his own horn all the time, from what I've read. He just makes games; that's what he does.