Five Nights at Freddy's Dev in Discussions to Bring Series to Consoles

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Five Nights at Freddy's Dev in Discussions to Bring Series to Consoles

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1320/1320220.jpgFive Nights at Freddy's developer Scott Cawthon is in talks to bring the horror game to consoles.

The popular horror game Five Nights at Freddy's may make its way to consoles, according to posts made in the game's Steam community forums [https://steamcommunity.com/app/388090/discussions/0/364040961441725153/#c364040961443474990]. In response to a thread about the chances of the games coming to console, Cawthon responded, "Actually, yes! It will happen. I'm talking with a few companies who are interested in doing console remakes of the original games."

Interestingly, Cawthon did say that the games, "Will not be ported, they will be remade." Despite a number of question, he didn't elaborate on what consoles he might be looking into bringing the game to, or who he might be looking at working with.

It's no big surprise that Five Nights at Freddy's could land on consoles. After all, the series has been a pretty big success on Steam.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Ok, now I think is very interesting.
Right now we saw all the games created with a specific tool from Scott.
It would be VERY interesting to see how the Animatronic will cool with the use of a more well-known engine.
It would be horrifying.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
SweetShark said:
Ok, now I think is very interesting.
Right now we saw all the games created with a specific tool from Scott.
It would be VERY interesting to see how the Animatronic will cool with the use of a more well-known engine.
It would be horrifying.
That's what I was thinkin'.
I was like "Huh, so it's comin' to consoles, mm."
"They will be remade."
"Oh, oh, alright, oh, alright."

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
Ehhhhh, I dunno. They would probably need to be significantly remade. Part of the games' horror was how close you needed to be to the computer, which made the jumpscares and overall atmosphere more horrific and tense, respectively. Especially with 4.

Here's hoping they manage to make that work with the remakes.