Five Weirdest Weather Phenomena on Alien Planets

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Five Weirdest Weather Phenomena on Alien Planets

If you think Earth has some strange climate patterns, then be glad you don't live on some of these alien worlds. The weather can be downright brutal.

Read Full Article

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
Rhykker said:
Yes, this is the same plasma found in plasma TVs, but other examples of plasma you may be unaware of include fluorescent lamps, neon signs, and lightning. Needless to say, you wouldn't want to breathe any of these, let alone live on a planet in which the air itself was plasma.
Neon is perfectly safe to breathe, as long as there's enough oxygen in the mix.

There's a deep sea diving gas mixture called Neoquad, which is a mixture of oxygen, nitrogen, helium and neon.

There's also Neox or Neonox, which is a simpler mix of neon and oxygen, used rarely in deep commercial diving.

/Scuba Instructor.

On topic though, I'd consider the plastic snowfall on Titan to be one of the weirder weather phenomenoms. ;)

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
Saturn's Hexagon Storm [http://www.space.com/18674-saturn-vortex-hexagon-storm-photos.html] didn't even make it onto the list?

It's by far the strangest weather pattern found to date.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Nifty article. There are a lot more weird phenomena out there, but this was a nice selection. I'm always confused by these sorts of articles on a gaming website, but also always pleased. It... makes no sense to me... but I like them. Especially because, well, the geeky among us tend to like pop-sciency articles even when there's no connection to video games whatsoever. Broaden the horizons a tiny bit, basically.