Fly Gabe Newell Fund Raises $3000

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
God I love Valve...

Can they do anything wrong? Well made games, good customer relations, except feedback...

Brilliant!

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
I donated 5$ to this just for shits and giggles seems 599 other people did the same

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
GonzoGamer said:
So did the airline make him get two seats in the end?
No.

Two planes, one for each cheek.

But I have to agree with a couple of people. It's not funny to make fun of obese people. It's hilarious.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hope the guy is interesting and makes the trip worthwhile for Gabe, otherwise things like this won't happen so easily in the future.

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
sooperman said:
I do believe he is refering to one of the boycotters, because I should hope that Gabe supports his own game.
Considering the poster was complaining about a fat guy getting to play the L4D2 Beta--and neither of the flown-to-Valve boycotters were overweight--I gather he either didn't bother to read the original article or just glanced at the picture of Gabe Newell and simply had no clue who this man was and why Gabe's identity rendered his comment completely absurd.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Dorian Cornelius Jasper said:
sooperman said:
I do believe he is refering to one of the boycotters, because I should hope that Gabe supports his own game.
Considering the poster was complaining about a fat guy getting to play the L4D2 Beta--and neither of the flown-to-Valve boycotters were overweight--I gather he either didn't bother to read the original article or just glanced at the picture of Gabe Newell and simply had no clue who this man was and why Gabe's identity rendered his comment completely absurd.
Alright, so lucky_sharm is eaither 1) too lazy to read OPs 2) simply obnoxious or 3) a troll. In any event, I think we can agree that he deserves no more attention.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
While he's here he should harass the government about their block on L4D2.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Can someone PLEASE pull a frickin' answer out of him about Episode 3? Can I just get a couple of new screenshots?

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Toty54 said:
One of the donators suggested locking Gabe Newell in a basement the moment he got there and forcing him to make episode 3.
Now here's a good idea >:)

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Now imagine someone would do that for Bobby Kotick.

I reckon he'd take the money from the fund and then sue their ass for whatever stupid bollocks he could think of. Then proceed to eat their unborn children.

In all seriousness, that's what I call a good boss. No wonder Valve has such a dedicated fanbase.
Also, the internet is secretly ruling the world and will soon take over.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Labyrinth said:
While he's here he should harass the government about their block on L4D2.
Absolutely. otherwise i can't help but feel the money's better spent on cancer research or something.

GonzoGamer said:
JimmyBassatti said:
NO, it is not funny to make fun of obese people...
Since when?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cscMIkmzMWI
..did you just use Attack of the Show as an example of "funny"?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
cobra_ky said:
GonzoGamer said:
JimmyBassatti said:
NO, it is not funny to make fun of obese people...
Since when?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cscMIkmzMWI
..did you just use Attack of the Show as an example of "funny"?
lol.
That episode was. Did you see their dance contest? Or what about the scooter race.

That show is pretty funny: it reminds me of what CNN would become if Idiocracy became reality: complete with "Ow my balls."
It was funnier when everyone on the show looked like muppets. Kevin reminds me of Beaker, even without the hair.