Food meant to be hot that you eat cold

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
This is going to be a weird topic, but today I was searching for something to eat for lunch. I usually make it a habit to make my lunch entirely from leftovers to be efficient.

Well, I finally settled on some leftover Mac N' Cheese, and began eating it cold. And you know what? It's fucking DELICIOUS cold! What have I been missing all these years?

So, here's the discussion; what are some foods that you find delicious to eat cold, even though it's meant to be hot? Kind of like eating leftover Pizza cold, something else that I love to do.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Loads of people eat cold Pizza, and I've never found it in the least appealing.

The texture's all wrong once a pizza has cooled.

Dec 14, 2009
Chinese food.

Well, when I say Chinese food, I mean UK take-away Chinese food :D

That shit is lovely straight out the fridge after being left overnight.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Silvanus said:

Man, I love cold pizza. More so than reheated pizza; it can get all soggy.

OT: I like cold bacon. I love fresh from the oven really crispy bacon best but if the bacon is crispy enough I'm fine with eating it cold.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Let's see... I can't think of one thing, since most stuff seems to taste better.

List includes, but is not limited to:
BBQ beans
sloppy joes
hamburger helper
spaghetti

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
On the rare occasion I purchase canned "Pasta", I tend to eat it cold straight from the can. A few times, lacking another ready implement, I even used a boot knife for the purpose though in that particular case it was a US MRE.

Personally, just about all the canned pasta is no better hot than cold. Why heat the stuff and dirty a dish for what is by any account a fairly terrible meal.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Silvanus said:

Cold pizza is indeed vile, but pizza that is left in the fridge for a good couple of hours...

deliiicious

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
BartyMae said:
Bread. Banana bread and danishes and such taste way better cold than warm to me.
...But those things are always served cold anyway?

Queen Michael said:
I never eat food cold unless it can't exist warm. Like ice cream.
This is pretty much me. I find even eating cold sandwiches hard, because they're so much nicer when warmed up/toasted.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Well cold pizza is the only way to eat pizza. Not lefout though, but in the fridge. It has to be the right type of pizza though. I can't stand that soft crusted cheese covered droopy mess some people call pizza.
I guess chicken noodle soup is pretty good cold.

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
Quicksilver_Phoenix said:
Erm, what? Maybe it's just the people I know, but most people keep their bread products out of their refrigerators...

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
BartyMae said:
Quicksilver_Phoenix said:
Erm, what? Maybe it's just the people I know, but most people keep their bread products out of their refrigerators...
You've misunderstood. I meant in the sense that you usually don't warm up cakes before eating them, not that you serve them chilled.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I always seemed to enjoy eating cold 'spaghetti-0's' or any canned 'spaghetti' or ravioli (usually the versions for children). Not sure why, it's just good. People seem to get pretty put off by it though. I do it in secret, huddled in the corner of my kitchen.