Food you refuse to eat

Sep 14, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
OT: Meatloaf.

I'm sorry, but no. It smells and tastes nasty. It looks like a cow took a shit on a plate and someone thought it would be a good idea to bake it. I've had people tell me that it's because I haven't had their meatloaf, so I have no idea what I'm talking about because their meatloaf is awesome.
No...No....No.....Toaster, listen to me....

You haven't had MY meatloaf yet :p

For myself, I am quite possibly the pickiest eater who has ever existed. Seafood is an automatic no-go for me. Just about anything you would put on a pizza that isn't meat is a no-go for me (so peppers, onions, "supreme" pizza stuff). Most Chinese food...

We're going to be here all day if I keep naming foods I refuse to eat :)
yup basically this, it's easier for me to list"what i do like" vs "what i refuse to eat"

i can't help it that i find alot of foods digusting to even SMELL (seriously, walking into a seafood or asian cuisine place instantly makes me gag, let alone eating the stuff, and i've TRIED tons of times as my friends basically shovel the food down my throat, but I either throw it up or gag down one bite and say no more) so to even EAT those foods is a deathwish to me.

I promise I do try nearly every food that i find disgusting to smell, but i've yet to find a single one that actually tasted good in regards to me not liking the smell. I realize i'm a pretty picky mother fucker, thankfully my local area has plenty of plain food places to satisfy my cravings for meat and potatoes.
Desert Punk said:
I will eat pretty much anything. I am thankful for the food I get and I am not enough of a bastard to say no to food people provide me like some of my friends do.
(note: i'm not saying you're being snobbish, just saying as a general bit)
I am absolutely thankful for every piece of food I get/am offered, but I literally cannot help it that most of those times the foods either make me gag just by the smell or i gag with it in my mouth because the texture makes me so distraught that i have to force even the littlest bit down, most of the time I just don't eat for a day or two at a time if I don't have access to food that I can get/like.

Sep 14, 2009
Desert Punk said:
gmaverick019 said:
Desert Punk said:
I will eat pretty much anything. I am thankful for the food I get and I am not enough of a bastard to say no to food people provide me like some of my friends do.
(note: i'm not saying you're being snobbish, just saying as a general bit)
I am absolutely thankful for every piece of food I get/am offered, but I literally cannot help it that most of those times the foods either make me gag just by the smell or i gag with it in my mouth because the texture makes me so distraught that i have to force even the littlest bit down, most of the time I just don't eat for a day or two at a time if I don't have access to food that I can get/like.
You should try hanging out with two of my friends. They will have the gall to ask you to cook something different for them if they try what you made for dinner and dont like it. And they wont even warn you in advance while you are cooking ~.~ I made asparagus the other night, my friend said ok, when food was served, he say he doesnt like asparagus and asks me to make some Broccoli for him instead. As I said, some of my friends are bastards :p
ah yeah that's pretty shitty, if someone is gonna make me food ahead of time they usually ask "do you like *such and such*?" or "do you want some of this when i make it for my dinner?" and i usually politely refuse saying "no, thanks though! I'll grab my own grub on the way over or something."

i wouldn't ever ask/expect my friends to make me something special, i'd feel bad, thankfully with how picky i am alot of my foods that i love my friends also love (burgers,steaks,corn,potatoes) so they usually make that anyways when i'm coming over.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Cannot stand crisps/potato chips. Mostly because of the smell, but also because of an incident when I was a child when I actually ate a wet one.
Speaking of which, wet sandwiches/hamburgers/bread in general. Vile.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I don't eat most vegetables. Why does the food most thought to be "good" for me taste like crap and makes it hurt to poo? WHY?!

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
I like tomatoes in just about everything except humburgers. Lettuce, onions, cheese, ketchup, mustard and bacon are great, but tomatoes just seem to make hamburgers bland.

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
Meat with connective tissue, bones or fat in it. Sets off my gag reflex as soon as I chew it. Every time, without fail. Also I've had a hard time eating fish. I know it's good for me, and I really do want to like it, but eventually it too starts setting off the ol' gag reflex.

saruman31

Sep 30, 2010
kortin said:
Fish
Mushrooms

These two things are the worst things ever.
Lies. Mushrooms are absolutely delicious. It`s like vegetable meat! And meat is good mind you.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
I can usually eat most of the things I do not like, there is only one exception: Tomatoes. Those squishy red balls of eeeuuuuurgh. I have hated them for as long as I can remember.
I wanted to see if anyone had the same answer as me before I posted, and someone did!

I can't eat raw tomatoes, I just cant stand them. I can eat ketchup and tomato sauces just fine (within reason) but the only type of raw tomato I can stand eating is in salsa, specifically the Tostitos salsa, not home made salsa.

Also I can't stand Olives, at all... refuse to eat olives in any way, shape, or form

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Tofu is a huge no-no for me. Shit tramatised me all the way back from childhood. No matter how you try and dress it up, if it's tofu, I'm not eating it.

Also, shrimp, lobster, crab, oysters....seafood in general except for fish.....because ewwww, it just tastes funny.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
Alcom1 said:
Asparagus. Between its taste and smell, there is something absolutely broken about that vegetable.

Also I have mycophobia.
I learned a new word today.

I won't eat sweet potatoes. In any form. Everyone tells me "oh they're so great, they're like regular potatoes just better." No. Potatoes are okay. Sweet potatoes are the devil's potato. Every time I've tried it I've hated it and I won't be tricked by this hellish food anymore.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Mushrooms. Fungus is bad when it grows on food, why would we want it arbitrarily as or in other foods? Gross.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
french toast, which by the way here in french is called (roughly translated) golden bread... i dont know why, i just cant stand it...

also avocado and raw broccoli (cooked is fine)

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Eggs. Just the site of them sends my gag reflex off. I can handle them though if say, they are in a cake or rendered undetectable.
Mayonnaise.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Deathmageddon said:
Mushrooms. Fungus is bad when it grows on food, why would we want it arbitrarily as or in other foods? Gross.
I'm the same way i refuse to eat the fruit of entropy.

also onions I hate em the flavor, the texture, and crunch when you eat em yuck.

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
I cant eat tomatoes, I will get sick. I can, however, eat any tomato byproduct inducing tomato paste or even tomato juice. I can eat fried and steamed as well. Just not the way it comes of the vine for some reason.

Sofus

Apr 15, 2011
I refuse to eat fastfood and anything that requires a microwave. There is no way that I would ever eat something which some low income fool at a fastfood "restaurant" made, and I sure as hell wouldn't ever eat one of those minute meals (is that what they call them?).

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
My boyfriends mother's cooking. Anything she makes or cooks. Its not because I'm mean but I learnt the hard way that the woman just can't cook and when she tries to be inventive then there is a possibility you may just end up in hospital with food poisoning.

I will eat most things, apart from Sushi. Tried it once, and it was just horrible.

Also I hate turnip. That may stem from dinners with my family as a child and not being allowed to leave the table until all the turnip on my plate had been ate. Even if it was 2 hours after being served and it had gone cold. Still can't stand the stuff.