Foods you enjoy, but can no longer eat.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
So recently I found out I can no longer eat anything with citric acid in it. It's like lactose intolerance, but with citric acid. Now granted I wasn't much of a fruit eater, but there are still a lot of things I can no longer eat because of this.

I think I'm going to miss Skittles most of all.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Lo-carb Monster energy drinks. Taste great and gives me power. Unfortunately, they also gave me chronic insomnia.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I used to be a bit of a gum-a-holic and then I took an arrow to the knee. I could literally go through a full pack in a matter of hours, switching out pieces every time the flavor faded even a little. For this reason I would avoid buying gum but once every few weeks.

Then sometime back in January, I did this same thing with Trident (which I rarely purchase but had to in this case because it was the only tolerable flavor the store had) and proceeded to have some pretty bad diarrhea. At first I thought it was something I ate, but the next time I had a few pieces, it happened again. I linked it to the gum, and discovered that even one piece makes my stomach rumbly. I have never had this problem with Trident or any gum before.

I Googled it, and learned that a couple of the main sugar substitutes in sugarless gum are sorbitol and glycerol. These are the types of sweeteners which recently became famous for giving people acute diarrhea thanks to Haribo Sugarless gummy bears. I don't know what happened, but now even brands which I have in the past plowed through a package no problem give me trouble after just one piece. It really sucks :-( I haven't gone to the doctor to ask how this suddenly just cropped up. I just avoid gum now except one piece at a time, and when I'm at home where nobody but me has to smell my farts.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Lilani said:
I Googled it, and learned that a couple of the main sugar substitutes in sugarless gum are sorbitol and glycerol. These are the types of sweeteners which recently became famous for giving people acute diarrhea thanks to Haribo Sugarless gummy bears. I don't know what happened, but now even brands which I have in the past plowed through a package no problem give me trouble after just one piece. It really sucks :-( I haven't gone to the doctor to ask how this suddenly just cropped up. I just avoid gum now except one piece at a time, and when I'm at home where nobody but me has to smell my farts.
Weird ... it's like a psychosomatic response.

As for me, gotta echo one person above. Though not for the same reasons. When I was first going through uni, I used to chug V energy drinks. Particularly V double shot. Sometimes a 6 pack (375mL) in a 3 hour period when cram studying, or power-writing an essay.

Now they give me wicked heart pain as soon as I have one. So I stopped tking guarana-based energy drinks. At least my eyes are no longer bloodshot all the time.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
We eat buns with ground-pork and onions every friday at the office. (We are german, ok. Of course we eat raw pigflesh)

My stomach doesn't really takes it well anymore. Usually i only eat one bun. If i eat anymore i will have to do a few... "sessions" on the toilet a few hours later and feel pretty sick overall (slight headache). I think that's a clear sign of: Don't eat that anymore.

Weird though, only have this for about a years now, before that all was well.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
008Zulu said:
So recently I found out I can no longer eat anything with citric acid in it. It's like lactose intolerance, but with citric acid. Now granted I wasn't much of a fruit eater, but there are still a lot of things I can no longer eat because of this.

wow, watch out for scurvy there since citric acid is also known as Vitamin C.

On topic; Can't consume much caffeine anymore, does my stomach in.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Beer, in general. More specifically the light-brown kind is the worst of the lot.

Stomach problems are the worst...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Hoplon said:

I'm ok on that front, I've switched from orange juice to cranberry juice.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Hoplon said:
008Zulu said:

Ascorbic Acid, rather.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm lactose intolerant, but if I had to choose between shitting all the time and having some delicious ice cream, I would choose the ice cream. I stay away from milk though.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
I cannot eat take-away pizza anymore, especially dominoes. The combination of the knowledge of how bad the food is for you, the over-priced nature of it, plus the massive feeling of being full at the end, the greasy feelings, the spots, the bathroom the day after, the smell in the room it's been eaten in for days... Just ugh....

However, one thing I have found is that my portion sizes have dropped hugely. I just cannot eat as much before. I used to be able to eat a loaf of bread with cheese and marmite in one sitting, and now a single sandwich fills me right up.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Shrimps. I love shrimps, but I got intolerant to shrimps as a child. Now it's a love-hate relationship (I love their taste, but I hate getting all sick and throwing up)

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
I can't eat fast food anymore, i used to enjoy a burger every once in a while from places down on the main strip, now if it's ready in under ten minutes it gives me stomach cramps or even dizziness.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Corn. I really miss and love corn.

I had to have most of my colon removed almost two years ago now because it tried to kill me. Take out your enemies first before they get you, and all that. But now I can't eat much of certain foods like nuts, anything with seeds, or raw vegetables and fruit with any skin on them. Out of all of them, I miss corn the most, but I'll be doubled over in pain most of the day if I go near it. I also miss salads, oddly enough. If you would have told me I would ever miss salads a few years ago, I would never have believed you :p

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
I like beer, especially IPAs, but my head has decided to not let me sleep very well after having one, so that's gone.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I've had to scale back on my milk and cheese consumption, and have totally cut out ice cream. If I have too much dairy, best case scenario is I get gassy. Worst case scenario is very wet and hot shits.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
EGGS.

I'M SO UPSET.

BUT EGGS.

When I was overseas, I got uber-sick with something in the water. I've mostly recovered, minus a few dozen pounds and any ability to eat eggs. Eating even baked goods with significant egg in them conks me out for the rest of the day. It's possible I'll overcome this (I REALLY HOPE I get over it), but until then, my favourite non-fish protein source is gone. ;____;