For The Aussies

Logan Keller

Jul 24, 2008
Good writing. Kind of like looking at us from the outside and inside at the same time. And if someone talks about Canberra I'll be coming to change their position to the Great Sandy Desert.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
In the words of the fruit stand guy from Flight of the Concords "You just a bunch of freaks descendant from criminals and retarded monkeys!"

Nah! Just kidding, I love you guys, wish I actually knew an Aussie or that I was one.

I think this should start a whole series of Country profiles! To be rid of worldly stereotypes!

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
Is Queensland really that good?
I've been considering going there for college if I can get enough money, which won't be easy considering the economy here in America.

skorpion352

Apr 6, 2008
i like how it completely ignores that new zealand is ranked higher than aussie in rugby union and rugby league

go all blacks!

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
SODAssault said:
Labyrinth said:
I will say this. I hate the "Aussie bloke" stereotype. With a fiery burning passion to be perfectly frank. It's really quite an obnoxious and bigoted image to have out there about most Australians.

And people wonder why I claim not to have a national identity..
The "Aussie bloke" stereotype is of a terribly likable, laid-back person. There are far worse ones to have, like "Norwegians will rape your women and pillage your villages", or "The Irish will get drunk at the first opportunity, beat their wives and start a riot in the streets over a soccer game that they won fairly". I should know, I'm both, and I get shit like this all the time.

Also, "Americans are fat." ...which is, well, sadly accurate. I've given up "scoping for chicks", as it were, because it always results in me seeing shit I do NOT want to see; every trip to the mall ends with me wishing for a gallon of brain bleach.
Or that us Canadians ride around on horses in our Mountie uniforms all day, we always say EH!, its always snowing, and the moment you cross the border put on your Parkas!

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
My (ex-)friend claims that his cousins founded the first Supermarket chain in Australia. They're Italian. I forget the name of the Supermarket but if you said it I'd probably remember it. I think it had some silly name. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or is he just making shit up to make me wish I was his friend again?

Shadow5

Mar 11, 2009
What can I say...

I love being Australian, I love the beach, the bush and the outback.

I also find the way people from America stereotype Australians particularly hilarious.
(because of the rediculous inaccuracy)

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008

And as Big Kev would say:
"I'm excited!"