For the older gamers (10+ years of gaming), what is your GOTD (game of the decade)?

nerd51075

Jul 18, 2009
Frankly, I couldn't imagine a Game of The Decade Award for this last decade going to anything but World of Warcraft. Nothing else has made it's mark like WoW. It's still relevant 7 years after initial launch, and millions of people are still playing it.

Archl

Mar 19, 2010
The metroid prime trilogy, these were amazing games, and brilliantly beautiful especially considering that they were gamecube games. I also think they're one of the nicest looking titles on the wii.

I'm afraid that says more about the wii than the actual game.

Arrrgh_Bruce

Jul 12, 2010
Yea going to have to agree with either Red dead redemption or fallout 3. Both are good examples of brillient games. But those are the big ones i think that there are alot of brillient games for the DS that arent as hyped because the scale isnt as big but i believe the quality is just as good if not better. Also they dont tend to cheapen them selves buy giving DLC. The game feels finished and like a gift to you to enjoy as aposed to a product for you to buy.

EDIT: forgot about good old mass effect and bioshock to hard to pick between the four.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
This is really, really hard. I've always measured a game by how fun it is, and the most fun I've had playing a game during the last decade is Saints Row 2. Bizzare, outragous, fully customisable and the English accented voice actor is amazingly funny, Saints Row 2 is one in a million and I really hope Saints Row: The Third tops it.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Oh, nice, I just meet the age threshold, I'm 14, been gaming since I was 4. Anyway, hmm, Oblivion maybe? Or Neverwinter Nights. Hmm.

Alright, I'll settle on Oblivion, purely for being the game I played the most out of all my games, though Neverwinter Nights was close, though it lost out since I never actually played past the second act. Honourable mentions go to Half Life 2.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Been playing since early 90's...

And Eegads. I'm really only allowed to choose 1? >_>

Uhh... Well personally, I'd probably choose TF2. Been playing that practically since it was released...
Or Battlefield 2!
Ooh! Or CoD4! I do have a hell of a lot of good memories of CoD4, especially when I got really good at it, and played competitively in a clan...
Or... Grah. So hard to just pick 1. D:

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
"Mah game of the decade is Barbie's Horse Adventures. The best game about horses and adventures involving them on the market today."

But seriously, Dwarf Fortress hands down.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
It's a toss up between MGS4 and MGS3.

It's The End sniper duel vs Return to shadow moses nostalgiagasm.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
tbh it's probably Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. That was the first game I was ever better at than anyone else I knew. It also was beautiful and cool and had the most awesome narration ever.

I played it through to completion in 2 days and it's the first time I was ever addicted to a game.

edit: shit, forgot Timesplitters FP... I'll still stick with PoP because else I would never have been a gamer.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Okami

The game was so damn fun and the art style and music were so refreshing.

Shadow Hearts

as the greatest unknown RPG I've ever played.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
This is an easy question for me to answer

Without a doubt its going to be Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

that was the most absolutely perfect in every way game i have ever played.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Deadly Premonition. Deadly Premonition all the way. Sure, the gameplay was crappy, there were like 4 different enemy types, and the graphics could be pretty bad at times, but really, you're not going to notice any of these things unless you look for them. Disregarding those things, the game is practically perfect. It's got everything, from an awesome "Twin Peaks" sort of atmosphere, to a very involving and well done murder mystery, to the most loveable characters I've ever encountered in a game. If you can manage to play through Deadly Premonition and not fall in love with Francis York Morgan and all the other quirky inhabbitants of Greenvale, then you might as well come to terms with the fact that your heart is made of cold, unfeeling steel.
Besides, in what other game can you grow a beard (in 25% of real time, using the game's excellent day and night system) and get a ponts bonus for "Wearing a sexy tie"?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Been playing since I was like 8. 23 now. The Mass Effects are quite awesome, Starcraft 1, and the Diablos too.

What I'm trying to say is: I'm apparently not very unique in my opinions.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
s69-5 said:
Two months ago I would have said Demon's Souls. Now I say Dark Souls.
Same. Dark Souls is my GOTD! :D

With Demon's Souls following close behind.

chawlie fair

Jul 19, 2011
Uncharted 2 or God of War 2 or Jedi Knights 2
Dem sequels....
But really, all three are really good and it would be hard to pick between any one of these.