For the older gamers (10+ years of gaming), what is your GOTD (game of the decade)?

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, never has something kept me entertained for the number of hours that Oblivion has. That and maybe Fallout 3, I loved the post apocalyptic wasteland landscape mixed with a shooter and RPG feel. It mixed so flawlessly.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Even after all this time Final Fantasy X is still my favourite game ever.

pln9fos

Mar 17, 2010
This thread needs moar Okami; I could not find anything to not like about that game. It had unique visuals, a great storyline, an uplifting soundtrack, a wide variety of characters, and an ending that left me begging for more, which was delivered as Okamiden; now I can only hope that there will be an equally awesome Okami 3 (If, like I do, you count Okamiden as Okami 2).

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
The best since 2001, huh? Not that hard, in my opinion.

Half-Life 2. There's just no question how much impact that game had on the last two generations.

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
silenticecream said:
Shadow of the Colossus. Simply unforgettable.
Best ps2 game I have ever will play.

Though I cant just pick just one game to out shine for an entire decade. here are my picks:

Gamecube: Tales of symphonia- It was to me like FF7 was to others.

PC: Morrowind, I lost whole weekends to this game and it made me a hardcore gamer, I kinda still play it from time to time but I got spoiled from oblivion from better quests, graphics and physics.But I still have it, oblivion I sold on until i bought it again as an impusle buy...

ps3: There has yet to be a game on this system that had the same effect as the others I had played. Though if I had to pick I'd say Baynonetta. It challenged me, but I really want to pick up a used copy of demon's soul before playing dark souls. looks like it would easily beat it.

band43seat

Mar 13, 2010
god of war, kingdom hearts, infamous, new super mario bros ds (travel games rock, but if i had to pick, it would be ....ratchet and clank

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
multiplayer-wise it has to be reach nothing beats the fun I have with all my friends playing two tvs and 360s set up sitting in the room even though I suck at the game and always get killed I still have fun with them

single game I gotta say borderlands it is one of the few games that I find myself coming back to and treating it like it's my first time playing it if I actually played 4 player coop I'm it would have been my pick (convincing 2 other friends to get the game is hard)

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind or Jade Empire. I absolutely love these games. I've played them forever... Definitely games of the decade worthy

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Heh, 10 years in gaming is considered an older gamer now? Blehhhh.

My favorite game of all time was probably Gemstone 4. I played it for longer than any other, including WoW. It was text-based though. 11 years. 1993 to 2004. Was a good run.

In the last 10 years, my favorite...probably DA:0. Its the only one that really stands out, aside from Mass Effect. Deus Ex: HR is up there, but its still too new to be considered a favorite.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Persona 4.
Just finished it now, and it is the only game that I have EVER restarted immediately upon completion. I destroyed that final *****, and (without turning the console off) started my new game+.

Close second is inFamous 2. Oddly, I didn't like it nearly as much with evil karma- that ice launch thing made you feel like an actual superhero, and those fights with the other ice soldiers? All of you, flying through the air, throwing differing flavours of badassery at eachother? That was sweet.
Still, inFamous is built on a very solid gameplay system, so I finished it again anyway.

EDIT: But, hey! Skyrim might well become that GOTY. I'll always love Persona, but I've never felt so hyped about a game... or its inevitable ZP installment.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Since 2001? Is that released or played? Id say Morrowind, as ive got more enjoyment and depth than any other title ever. Other than that it would be Mass Effect games, mainly for the history.

Gromril

Sep 11, 2005
Halo reach, followed by morrowind.

Reach manages to keep it's community going through excellent support, the multilayer just adds to the franchise and is varied to be interesting long after release and it just doesn't take itself as seriously as other multiplaer franchises. That coupled with a solid single player canmpaighn, firefight and an easy to use map and gamemode editor make it a brilliant all rounder.

Morrowind because it really got me into open world rpg's through it's (then) huge world and multitude of different environments.

AbnormalFetus

Sep 11, 2009
On the basis of time played alone i just have to say World of Warcraft which i played for years.
But i may be even more impressed by how much i cared about Mass Effect.

SFMB

May 13, 2009
Have to go with KotOR. I keep coming back to it over and over again.

Kirbys

Sep 15, 2011
This is really hard given the standards that I was in the SNES/PS1 Years and now in the Wii/PS3 Years. So I'm doing 5 in no order:

1. Red Dead Redemption simply because I love the online now and the story was amazing
2. Kirby Returns To Dreamland simply because of the graphics and going back to the basics of Dreamland games.
3. Super Mario 64 simply because this game was the best Mario games in time.
4. Shadow of the Colossus because this ********* was one the most challenging games I could play that had a great story with it
5. Final Fantasy 7. Great plot and set of characters

You know what? 5 more:

1. Portal 2. Simply because of how fun the puzzles were
2. Catherine. Simply because of how difficult the puzzles were
3. Super Mario Land simply because it had Mario on Yoshi and the level designs were nice
4. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version If you have the Japanese version you know I meant: Basically better monsters to slay and better setting of where the hunter sets off.
5. Banjo Kazooie. I can't really explain how great this game is.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
I would go with KotOR. Got me into RPG games.

Though DragonAge ranks up there too.

I'd be remiss to not mention Starcraft.