For the older gamers (10+ years of gaming), what is your GOTD (game of the decade)?

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
It would have to be OBLIVION for sure. I played that game for so many hours...so so many.

SKYRIM IS OUT IN 3 DAYS!

Harb

May 2, 2010
Deus Ex.

Playstation 2 received their version June 7, 2002. So it counts :).

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Age if Empires II: Age of Kings & Conquerors. A game which comprehensively encompasses strategic complexity with ease of operation. I've been lamenting the fall of the Age of Empire series every sine 2005, when Age of Empires III was released.

Lybs

Nov 8, 2010
I've been gaming since 98 so your leaving out all oldschool classics like MGS, Xenogears or Neverwinter Nights (without that gameseries Bioware wouldn't have made ME, DAO or BG).
But my favorite from the last 10 years will have to be the game I played the most and that's MGS3 closely followed by Wild Arms 3.

Zeekar

Jun 1, 2009
There's too many recent games I haven't played for me to make a fair decision. For example: I know I will love Red Dead Redemption, but I don't have a current gen system yet to play it on (Proud member of the PC Master Race, here -- Just kidding).

For the sake of participation, though, there has yet to be another game I've been so excited to play, had followed for so long up to release, that had delivered in every aspect once played, or had left such a lasting influence on me than Shadow of the Colossus.

I know it's a popular, over-hyped choice and I'm certainly not saying it was a "perfect" game, if indeed that's even possible; Still, to me, it achieved more than any other game had in that period that I've had the pleasure of being able to play.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Devil May Cry 3. It aged beautifully and is still to this day the best game of its genre.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
it's really, REALLY hard to pick, because even as there weren't too much really good games in this decade (imho), the ones that were are REALLY good (imho), so they all stand pretty much on the same spot in the chart/ladder.

okay, i'll go with Braid, it's one of the few games made me stare at the screen with open mouth, laugh, be fascinated, everything at the same time, as i was understanding the mechanic and story.

and it's one of two games that ever made me cry, as i came to understand its story.

Braid, definitely.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Portal 2. Everything about that game was designed to perfection. It was better then Portal. It was a polished iteration of an amazing innovation. Even some of the puzzles and humor made me shed a tear in the same way a scientist may be overwhelmed by the beauty in their field.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Lybs said:
I've been gaming since 98 so your leaving out all oldschool classics like MGS, Xenogears or Neverwinter Nights (without that gameseries Bioware wouldn't have made ME, DAO or BG).
Neverwinter Nights did not allow Bioware to go back in time to make Baldur's Gate.

If it could, that'd been awesome.

Crusader1089

Dec 10, 2008
If any gamer of 10+ years of gaming picks something that isn't Timesplitters 2 they are a dirty, dirty liar.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
it would have to be a tie between Perfect Dark, Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters 3. they were the pinicle of splitscreen multiplayer back in the day, and kept my friends and myself on the sofa for at least 5 years worth of afternoons and weekends (we have weeks on our time played in multiplayer). no other game has kept me playing for so long, hell we still break it out every once and a while.

i would buy timesplitters 1-3 on 360 if they came out and i would bet my friends would too.

P.S.
only reason Timesplitters 1 is missing is because i could not find a single copy till like 2007.

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
Balls, this basically rules out Planescape: Torment, aswell as the BG series. Actually no, wait, Baldur's Gate 2 and Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal do fit, so I guess those(actually I consider BG2 with it's expansion pack ONE game). Or Max Payne and Max Payne 2. Or the Half Life games. No, I'm sticking with BG2.

Lybs

Nov 8, 2010
DracoSuave said:
Lybs said:
Neverwinter Nights did not allow Bioware to go back in time to make Baldur's Gate.

If it could, that'd been awesome.
Yeah, just checked it and BG was made before NVN, my bad ^_^

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
Warcraft III:RoC & TFT
WoW: WotLK
GTA: SA
Pokemons (all of them except B/W)
DA:O
The Sims 3 (kinda)

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Too hard to decide. Probably something from Valve, or select few other games (Like Deus Ex Human Revolution or Shogun 2)