For those who eat Ramen

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
I need some ideas for ramen dishes because my girlfriend loves it. So for those of who who eat it frequently, how do you eat it?

I always crush up 2 packs, throw it in a bowl with some hot water, throw it in the microwave, throw in 2 slices of cheese and a few dashes of hot sauce with the flavor packet.

How do YOU eat it?

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Eat the noodles raw. Snort the powder. It's energy efficient (no heating of water) and will put hair on your chest (probably not something you want for your girlfriend).

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
I just follow the instructions great ramen everytime...even if you can tell that it costs 70p or something

resultsmayvary

Apr 30, 2009
Hard boil some eggs, cut them up and put them in there. Also throw in shrimp and if it's chicken flavor add some chicken broth to it. If it's not chicken flavor, then order pizza because you failed.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Avaholic03 said:
Eat the noodles raw. Snort the powder. It's energy efficient (no heating of water) and will put hair on your chest (probably not something you want for your girlfriend).
Oh man. I eat it raw when I'm too lazy to cook it. It still tastes pretty damn good. xD

P.S: I already have enough chest hair. No more for me.

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
Boil two packs, fry it with a sauce made of two eggs, soy sauce, and flavor packs. I add meat if I have the appropriate kind on hand.

Valthek

Aug 25, 2008
snorting.. tried that once. Picked small chunks of freeze-dried carrot out of my nose for the next few weeks.

I actually second the motion of putting hard-boiled egg in it! it's really good.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
I boil it in a pot and throw the noodles in and let it boil for a while then if i want shrimp throw it in and let it re boil(frozen shrimp kills the water) then pulls it out in a bowl and put spices and the flavor pack in. It feels fancy for me

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Homemade pesto
Tobasco sauce
Green onions
Those above have been done separately. I take no responsibility for mixing the pesto with tobasco sauce.

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
Xyphon said:
I need some ideas for ramen dishes because my girlfriend loves it. So for those of who who eat it frequently, how do you eat it?

I always crush up 2 packs, throw it in a bowl with some hot water, throw it in the microwave, throw in 2 slices of cheese and a few dashes of hot sauce with the flavor packet.

How do YOU eat it?
That's exactly how I eat it.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
shadowgaunt said:
I just cook it, throw in the flavor pack, and stir. It ends up tasting fine.
Pretty much. My friend told me that sometimes when he doesn't have time to cook it he wets it and sprinkles the flavor packet on the raw wet noodles. This sounds good to me because I love the noodles raw. But, good luck finding good recipes. By the way, there is at least one book I know of with what you seek contained within. '101 Things to do with Ramen Noodles'.

Luffie

Jun 9, 2009
oh, is this some kind of ick cup ramen?

well i guess theres allways stuff you can add, boil some eggs till theyre medium-soft, peel and slice it up and those can be placed on top of the dish, also if you have any salmon fillets fry them in teriyaki for a bit longer than you normally would so the sauce is absorbed for longer in the outer flesh and kinda pick the layering apart and place that on top.

You can also do thin slices of fried pork, pretty much anything works its like making soup, it cant exactly "go wrong" especially with just toppings. Cooking things seperately, roast some beef, bake some tuna, then individually condition what youre gonna add to go with the aesthetic of the dish.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Kriptonite said:
shadowgaunt said:
I just cook it, throw in the flavor pack, and stir. It ends up tasting fine.
Pretty much. My friend told me that sometimes when he doesn't have time to cook it he wets it and sprinkles the flavor packet on the raw wet noodles. This sounds good to me because I love the noodles raw. But, good luck finding good recipes. By the way, there is at least one book I know of with what you seek contained within. '101 Things to do with Ramen Noodles'.
I must find this book. Anyone up for setting out on an epic quest?

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Luffie said:
oh, is this some kind of ick cup ramen?

well i guess theres allways stuff you can add, boil some eggs till theyre medium-soft, peel and slice it up and those can be placed on top of the dish, also if you have any salmon fillets fry them in teriyaki for a bit longer than you normally would so the sauce is absorbed for longer in the outer flesh and kinda pick the layering apart and place that on top.

You can also do thin slices of fried pork, pretty much anything works its like making soup, it cant exactly "go wrong" especially with just toppings. Cooking things seperately, roast some beef, bake some tuna, then individually condition what youre gonna add to go with the aesthetic of the dish.
It's not the cup ramen. It's the ones in the big 12 pack box.

ZerOmega

Sep 14, 2008
Nowadays I mix a can of mushrooms with the noodels. I commonly use ginger powder to add some taste. A right combination of ginger powder and black pepper makes the best ramen.

Other variants I've done:
*Add ketchup (not too much)
*Add honey (not too much, otherwise too sweet)
*Add tuna
*Add peans and SPAM. This is the champion's breakfast.