For those who eat Ramen

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
I only eat Ramen when I make my yearly trip back to Nara... then I load up at the little ramen bars......the crap they throw in a bag or plastic bowl is just.....there is no heart in it.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Matronadena said:
I only eat Ramen when I make my yearly trip back to Nara... then I load up at the little ramen bars......the crap they throw in a bag or plastic bowl is just.....there is no heart in it.
Bring me back some. I've always wanted to taste ramen that isn't dried up. :D

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
I make my own soup and add ramen in that. But sometimes I cook it plain and eat it with soysauce and/or sambal.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
resultsmayvary said:
Hard boil some eggs, cut them up and put them in there. Also throw in shrimp and if it's chicken flavor add some chicken broth to it. If it's not chicken flavor, then order pizza because you failed.
Ha, love that last part.

But yes, the egg is recommended. I personally also broil slices of chicken in soy sauce and sake for 15 minutes, and then add the liquids to the mix. Add some spring onions to the concoction and you win at life.

eggcarrier

May 29, 2009
Type in Ramen recipes online and you'll find TONS! My sister-in-law's favorite is a Sesame Peanut Ramen; sorta like Thai noodles made simple. I once heard of a peanut-butter and jelly ramen; ^^;; good luck with that one. There's also a ramen noodles salad prepared with Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and oriental ramen with parmesian. ^_^ I got pages of these, I could go on.

bouncymike999

Mar 4, 2009
boil the noodles then put them in a wok with marinated steak bits and soy sauce and stir fry them then add some veggies if u want

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
Matronadena said:
I have to agree, though in California you can usually find a place in the more developed areas where they make it fresh, or a Japanese restaurant where you can great miso soup.

If you should ever find yourself in Mountain View in California I suggest Maruichi, it is a Japanese noodle house and serves the best ramen I have ever had.

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
blaze96 said:
Matronadena said:
I have to agree, though in California you can usually find a place in the more developed areas where they make it fresh, or a Japanese restaurant where you can great miso soup.

If you should ever find yourself in Mountain View in California I suggest Maruichi, it is a Japanese noodle house and serves the best ramen I have ever had.
* jots it down in her memo book

egwidalin

May 8, 2009
Xyphon said:
How do YOU eat it?
I put it in my mouth, chew it, swallow it, repeat until done. /sarcasm
I just cook it the way the package says, and it comes out mediocre everytime. I guess i just dont like it much.

Helgar11

May 4, 2009
ok every time i eat it i make it different but my all time favorite is

boil water throw noodles in stir till water is almost gone then put head country, garlic powder, seasoning salt and the pack of what ever flavor it is (while stiring cook some rice and throw it in the tastes great) it is the best ramen i have ever made but the boiled eggs sound pretty damn good in it

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Three bags, large bowl, can of mixed vegetables, cheap miso broth, small pieces of boiled chicken.

I loves me some Ramen.

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
I know it sounds gross to some, but if you eat the ramen more as a soup, besides the hard boiled egg, slice up some spam and fry it.
then add in tobasco sauce.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
I actually haven't eaten the dried noodle stuff since I left the States, but I sometimes order a bowl at one of the shops around here. Depending on which variety you get, try throwing some meat in (I'm a fan of pork personally). Also it never hurts to add an egg and a bit of nori or other seaweed.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
Xyphon said:
Kriptonite said:
shadowgaunt said:
I just cook it, throw in the flavor pack, and stir. It ends up tasting fine.
Pretty much. My friend told me that sometimes when he doesn't have time to cook it he wets it and sprinkles the flavor packet on the raw wet noodles. This sounds good to me because I love the noodles raw. But, good luck finding good recipes. By the way, there is at least one book I know of with what you seek contained within. '101 Things to do with Ramen Noodles'.
I must find this book. Anyone up for setting out on an epic quest?
Quest all the way over to www.amazon.com