Force A Teen Girl To Swordfight, Go To Jail

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
This would have been hilarious, until I saw that the 'swordfight' had been preceded by a savage, two hour long beating. After that, Aragorn couldn't have taken him on. Not to mention its one thing to go for light jabs and swipes with a wooden sword, but I imagine he was really laying into her. Getting a smack with a wooden sword is not pleasant, getting beaten relentlessly with one without any hope of fighting back or stopping it... I can't imagine how scared the girl must have been.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Seems our resident internet-nietzsches are out in force today. Yeah yeah, we know..life is meaningless, if you don't obey The Authority you deserve whatever punishment you get and you get off on women getting abused.

Justifying child abuse.../puke.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Aw, shame that he was just beating her with a wooden stick. It would've been amazing if they had a real sword-fight, just that she lost.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
"Sent her off to gather her armor..." that is one of the strangest sentences I've ever read. What a strange man...

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
I blame the neighbors who let this shit go on uninterrupted. If I lived next door to someone who was beating their stepchild for 2 hours straight I would be calling the cops. The only reason this asshole even went to jail is because her friend dialed in. What's that say about our public at large?

Yet another case of pedestrian philosophy: "Well it's not me, why should I care?" Because one day it could fucking be you. And karma's a *****.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
This is more religion and ren-fair themed abuse than anything else. I'm damn sure 99.99% of ren-fair goers wouldn't THINK of such things.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
There goes why winter break, now what am I going to do?

Oh God I didn't read the whole article! That is fucking sick, he should spend the rest of his life rotting in a 6x8 foot cell.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
I'm highly suspicious that the girl's parents are assholes.
I was a Christian most of my life, this is the first I've heard of a two hour wooden sword beating, regardless of what her parents were they deserve to spend a long ass time in jail.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
The being forced to watch a Sunday Sermon on TV was clearly the real abuse in this crime. Or at least the final straw.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
1) She's 16, I hope she it wasn't a skin's type drink and drugs fuelled orgy
2) We don't know what her past history is in terms of nature and attitude, being a little shit bag doesn't give her stepdad a free pass/excuse to beat her to a black and blue teen though, its just a point I'm taking into consideration
3) "there are consequences to your actions and rebellious attitude" with a dressing down such as a lecture and taking away privileges should have technically been enough, being taken away from the Party and essentially exiled from friends would be pretty high punishment to a teen.
4) This guy isn't a LARPer, you don't actually want to hurt people LARPing, he may have snapped this one time but the story implies the initial attack stopped before composing himself telling his stepdaughter to "gear up" and to me that's pre meditated, he knew he could easily beat her in a jousting match. This was not an evenly matched round, he this guy knew it.
5) Having her own mother not stopping him and egging him on,
6) A stepdad making his Stepdaughter strip to her underwear is just plain odd, not to mention while watching a sermon

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Alar said:
Peteron said:
Alar said:
Peteron said:
That was strangely hilarious. The girl shouldn't be such a ***** though, even if she did get beaten. Honestly, looking at his size unless she was some fatass she had the advantage.
What.
How.
I don't--

Okay, so you're saying just because someone is overweight, they cannot be proficient at swordplay? They cannot know how to use their greater mass to their advantage and bully a sixteen year old GIRL with it?

Let's not forget the fact that she's already been beaten before this happened and wasn't exactly in a decent shape to swordfight, something she'd probably never done before while he had his own armor and everything?

I don't know what's going through your mind here, sir. You're supporting the beating of children (if I'm reading you correctly), and yes, I say children. She is still legally a child.
Yes that's what I am saying. I'm sure I made that clear enough in the previous post. And I don't really care if she was beaten. Sure its not fair, but honestly, put on a better show. Gotta kick the old mans ass.
Do the world a favor and go get a vasectomy. Oh, and don't have any semen saved in a sperm bank... because really, we do not need you to be a parent if this is how you feel about this situation.
No thanks. if my daughter can't beat me in a fight shes being fed to the wolves. She has until 6 years old to complete this.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I Have No Idea said:
When I got to the sermon part, I was like "Hoo boy, those Jesus haters are gonna eat this up."
Your first thought wasn't about the horrific beating, it was about how this would make your religion look bad? Nice priorities.
I see this with other groups too. "They will blame this on games for sure." is one I see a lot. A terrible event just happened, stop worrying about how that will affect perceptions of a certain group.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
I notice everyone is blaming the stepdad when the article clearly shows the mother was complicit in this.

NOT ALWAYS THE MAN'S FAULT, SOMETIMES WOMEN ARE JUST AS STUPID AND CRAZY AS WE ARE

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I Have No Idea said:
When I got to the sermon part, I was like "Hoo boy, those Jesus haters are gonna eat this up."
Your first thought wasn't about the horrific beating, it was about how this would make your religion look bad? Nice priorities.
Notice how the sermon part is a little more than halfway through the article. I had plenty of time to notice how horrible this person was and that the beating was horrific. Chill out man.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I Have No Idea said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I Have No Idea said:
Notice how the sermon part is a little more than halfway through the article. I had plenty of time to notice how horrible this person was and that the beating was horrific. Chill out man.
Sorry, but this stuff gets to me. And your comment was still unnecessary. There was an article a couple of months ago about a girl who was murdered and robbed to fund some crazie's video game habit. Guess what a lot of the comments were? Something bad just happened, don't make it about something else.