Former Austin Powers Star Suspected of Murder?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Oh how I so wish that voice tones could carry in the titles.

Anyway, lets start with the article

<spoiler=Article+Source>
Joseph Hyungmin Son ? who played Dr. Evil's Oddjob-inspired henchman Random Task in the first "Austin Powers" movie before he was sentenced to life in prison for torturing a woman ? is now under investigation in the death of his cellmate.

Officials at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation confirmed that authorities are investigating the possibility that Son murdered the 50-year-old man, whose identity was being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The inmate, who was found dead in his cell at Wasco State Prison in Central California at 5:50 p.m. on Monday, was serving a two-year sentence for failing to register as a sex offender.

Son was convicted in August of torture in Santa Ana, Calif., for his role in a 1990 Christmas Eve gang rape of a woman who was out walking her dog.

According to the Kern County District Attorney's Office, the inmate's death is being treated as a homicide and the former actor is the prime suspect.

Son, 40, began serving his term on Sept. 16.

As part of his life sentence, the judge afforded the former actor the possibility of parole for torture, but if he's found guilty of murdering his cell mate, we're pretty sure he can kiss that goodbye.

<url=http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44865051/ns/today-entertainment/#.TpUIorKP_l0>Source

So thoughts an Opinions? Honestly, I didnt even know he went to Jail, so that was what was so surprising in the first place. Still, it wouldnt be all that surprising if he did I guess. Also, think he should be paroled?

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I had no idea any of this had happened like you. Onto the thoughts and opinions, what a dangerous person, why is he not in solitary? Should he be paroled? Fuck to the no. That is all.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
This is odd, isn't the actor who played 007's Oddjob also recently arrested for a rape conviction?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
TestECull said:
... In all seriousness, I didn't even know who the guy was, but I guess he's fit to act in such a role.
hes the one that threw shoes as a weapon, isntead of a bowler hat like odd job did in James Bond.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So, he was already in prison for torture? Well, murdering a cellmate isn't that shocking then.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
The only part of this I took any interest in is that the inmate killed was serving two years for not doing some paperwork? Wtf? I mean, yeah, I get that having to register as a sex ooffender is a big deal, but how is it even possible to "not do it"? Shouldn't that be something done whether you like it or not?

And beyond that, if he didn't actually commit any sexual offences, just neglected to register, 2 years in prison is fucking ridiculous. Especially when you're tossed in with the same sort of people who were convicted of torturing someone.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Senaro said:
This is odd, isn't the actor who played 007's Oddjob also recently arrested for a rape conviction?
Old habits die hard, I guess. It is a good thing Jaws was involved with a cute girl in his last apperence, or who knows what he'd be out doing.
Another "Eegah"?

ForgottenPr0digy said:
wait did the Austin power movies cam in the late 90s early 2000s even before that he was already convicted of gang rape back in 1990 and the casting agency let be part of the the movie WTF??
Unfortunately, not that shocking. Remember Tyson? Polanski?

Jadak said:
The only part of this I took any interest in is that the inmate killed was serving two years for not doing some paperwork? Wtf? I mean, yeah, I get that having to register as a sex ooffender is a big deal, but how is it even possible to "not do it"? Shouldn't that be something done whether you like it or not?

And beyond that, if he didn't actually commit any sexual offences, just neglected to register, 2 years in prison is fucking ridiculous. Especially when you're tossed in with the same sort of people who were convicted of torturing someone.
That seems rather strange, yeah, but not having the full details, it's hard to say.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
At first, I thought this was going to be one of the bigger people being charged with murder. I do remember the guy that threw a shoe, but honestly, I can't even picture his face. Really surprised he was in jail. I would say that I'm not surprised that he killed a sex offender (they don't do well in jail, especially pedophiles), but he sounds like he wasn't much better. So, kinda like the pot calling the kettle black there. And I really don't know what to say other than that.

Jadak said:

Well the whole sex offender registry is taken pretty seriously. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can go to a government site and look up if there are any sex offenders living near you. But, I think that in order to register you have to go to a local parole office or police station. So, I wouldn't think that would be easy to forget. Still, two years in prison seems pretty harsh, but we don't know the details, either.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Saltyk said:
At first, I thought this was going to be one of the bigger people being charged with murder. I do remember the guy that threw a shoe, but honestly, I can't even picture his face. Really surprised he was in jail. I would say that I'm not surprised that he killed a sex offender (they don't do well in jail, especially pedophiles), but he sounds like he wasn't much better. So, kinda like the pot calling the kettle black there. And I really don't know what to say other than that.
It never said that the Random Task guy killed him BECAUSE he was a sex offender. It's possible, but there are a myriad of other explanations.

OT: This is why you should just kill people who have a life sentence and be done with it. They're just going to be rotting in the corner of a tiny cell for the rest of their miserable life anyway.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Jadak said:

I've never heard of a "sex ooffender"

OT: Ahhh, yes. Cue the debate about the prison system.

I'm going to get popcorn and watch.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Saltyk said:
It never said that the Random Task guy killed him BECAUSE he was a sex offender. It's possible, but there are a myriad of other explanations.
I know that. I was just pointing out that I'm really not surprised that the victim was a sex offender. I'd also point out that Son, or whatever his name is, is basically a sex offender himself. Hence, why I said it was like the pot calling the kettle black. There are plenty of reasons he could have killed the guy. But none of those are explored. It sounds like he doesn't need much reason to do plenty of terrible things.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Jadak said:

He likely moved or something without telling anyone. Theres something of an honor system about it, when you move you are supposed to report it and inform the police department that you move to. Most probably don't however as they instantly become social pariahs. He just happened to be caught.

At least thats one of my theories.