Former Austin Powers Star Suspected of Murder?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Risingblade said:
I was kinda expecting this to be fat bastard
You are aware that Fat Bastard is the same guy who played Dr. evil and Austin Powers, right?

OT: I can't really see a reason to care about this. I can't even remember the guy from the movies so he never really made an impression on me. He's just an ordinary nutcase who's been sentenced for life in prison then kills his cell mate. It's tragic, but only because his crimes are always bad. I doubt we would even know anything about this if he hadn't played a small part in a movie.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Risingblade said:
I was kinda expecting this to be fat bastard
Fat bastard was Mike Meyers in a fat suit and heavy makeup if I'm remembering correctly.

OT: I never heard the guy was in prison either. Flew completely under my radar. Freaking wierd.

zdgrafyd

Mar 1, 2011
Senaro said:
This is odd, isn't the actor who played 007's Oddjob also recently arrested for a rape conviction?
most definitely not, he died of cancer in 1982 according to wikipedia.
As for Joe Son - I had no idea he was in jail in the first place, it's not like he's a very famous actor or anything. He sounds like a scary dangerous person.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Former Austin Powers Star? Is this really what people know Joe Son for?

I've always known Joe Son as a Evangelical Christian Preacher and part time MMA fighter (with an amazing 0-4 record and a remarkable official submission loss due to "Terror") and the founder of the fighting style 'Joe Son Do', who was most famous for making his UFC entrance carrying a full size execution cross like Jesus and then proceeded to lose by being punched repeatedly in the balls and choked out.

When I first saw Random Task in Austin Powers, I thought "Wait a minute, isn't that the crazy Evangelical guy who got punched in the balls?".

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
TestECull said:

Dr Evil's master plan is coming together at last! Muwaha...Muwahahaha...MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

lol. In all seriousness, I didn't even know who the guy was, but I guess he's fit to act in such a role.
First: You win.

Second: This seems to be a case of life imitating art.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Jamash said:

I've always known Joe Son as a Evangelical Christian Preacher and part time MMA fighter (with an amazing 0-4 record and a remarkable official submission loss due to "Terror") and the founder of the fighting style 'Joe Son Do', who was most famous for making his UFC entrance carrying a full size execution cross like Jesus and then proceeded to lose by being punched repeatedly in the balls and choked out.

When I first saw Random Task in Austin Powers, I thought "Wait a minute, isn't that the crazy Evangelical guy who got punched in the balls?".
Okay, and now I need to look more into this man. Due to "Terror"? Yeesh.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
AnotherAvatar said:
Jamash said:

Okay, and now I need to look more into this man. Due to "Terror"? Yeesh.
Here's a link to a Youtube video of his "highlights" from his MMA career:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9eRehnMiY

Normally I would embed Youtube videos, but considering at the time the videos were shot he had already committed the rape that got him life imprisonment, I don't wish to give him the oxygen of publicity or any more positive exposure than is necessary.