Former Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe Shot

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow, who had "pissed because his mother donate ton of money to a church that's only tangentially related to him" on his bingo card?

Cult are so scary, they even make the people who quit them insane.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Wow, who had "pissed because his mother donate ton of money to a church that's only tangentially related to him" on his bingo card?

Cult are so scary, they even make the people who quit them insane.
He didn't really though, he was in the rival cult.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Show me a home made AR-15esque weapon.
It's actually REALLY easy to make a home made AR-15.

In the US the "gun" part of an AR-15, which is controlled, is the lower assembly. The upper assembly of an AR-15 is entirely unregulated. You can purchase it without needing to provide any kind of ID. You can even mail order it to your house. The lower assembly of an AR-15 doesn't have any pressure bearing components, so it can be made of plastic (in fact a lot of new AR-15s have polymer lower receivers), so you can easily make a lower receiver using a 3D printer.

And if you don't count that as a "home made" AR since you only need to actually make 1 component and can buy the rest, well guess what, it's actually still totally possible to 3D print a gun. There's a whole community dedicated to it and they have meetings and competitions. Here's an example:

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Show me a home made AR-15esque weapon.
How to make an serious gun:

Plan A: The Freeware Gun
Manufacture an AR-15 in your own home using a Ghost Gunner CNC mill and a 3D printer using files freely available on DEFCAD. Making the barrel is the least automated step but it is possible with the right tools and devices to assist in its making can be produced using the 3D printer and readily available components.

Option 2: Ork Mode
Make a 9mm blowback operated submachine gun using parts and equipment available at your local hardware store as described in PA Luty's book "Expedient Homemade Firearms". You're going to need some sheet metal, piping, screws, a screwdriver, a drill press, an angle grinder, and a hammer.

Do not do either of these things if they are illegal in your jurisdiction.

Reactions: Leg End

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
You have my attention...

...are you, sir, implying orks would be content with mere 9mm or blowback operation?
Well, nobody is stopping you from making it bigger. (Unless it's illegal to make it in which case the police will try to stop you.)

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
You have my attention...

...are you, sir, implying orks would be content with mere 9mm or blowback operation?
I will say blowback is absolutley orky. Simple. Works. Loud. Makes a lot of smoke. Don't have to fiddle with gubbins when it starts to get dirty.

Reactions: Leg End

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Option 2: Ork Mode
Make a 9mm blowback operated submachine gun using parts and equipment available at your local hardware store as described in PA Luty's book "Expedient Homemade Firearms". You're going to need some sheet metal, piping, screws, a screwdriver, a drill press, an angle grinder, and a hammer.
Remaking the Owen Gun?

Reactions: Gordon_4

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland

If anyone still genuinely wonders, why some people reacted to his death the way they did: consider Abe's own words from his biography, where he states that he got into politics cause people were badmouthing his grandpa.
His grandpa being this lovely man:
Known for his exploitative rule of the Japanese puppet state of Manchukuo in Northeast China in the 1930s, Kishi was nicknamed the "Monster of the Shōwa era" (昭和の妖怪; Shōwa no yōkai).[1] Kishi later served in the wartime cabinet of Prime Minister Hideki Tōjō as Minister of Commerce and Vice Minister of Munitions,[2] and co-signed the declaration of war against the United States on December 7, 1941.
Anyway, Abe's assassination might still be a bad thing. Not cause he died, but because like usual with right-wing figures facing agression, minorities(in this case: Koreans in Japan) will catch the heat.

The construction of the gun is fascinating to see when you also consider the gun debates that happen in the US because of our shootings right. Gun control should be more strict, but how then do you prevent someone from building a gun or learning how to build other things to hurt people when their goal is specifically to hurt people.
I think the guy having to arts&crafts his own shotgun is a point for gun legislation in this case.

Last edited: