Forza 3 Gets An Unofficial Reveal

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Forza 3 Gets An Unofficial Reveal

Video footage of a Microsoft presentation in Brazil revealed what looks a lot like the logo for the third Forza Motorsport game, effectively confirming the game's long-rumored existence.

Somebody got a little bit too happy with their new camera down at a Xbox community meeting in Sao Paolo, Brazil. A video [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/30/rumor-forza-3-making-an-appearance-at-e3-2009/] of a Microsoft presentation, uploaded to (and later removed from) YouTube, revealed what looks very much like the logo for a third entry in Turn 10 Studios' Forza Motorsport series.

The logo is mostly obscured, with what looks like the "RZ" of Forza in a subtitle at the bottom, but come on, let's not kid ourselves, it's Forza. Everyone in the crowd at the event jumped to the same conclusion, with cheers and shouts of "Forza!" going out while the official fellow at the mic pretended to be totally unaware. For all we know, this camera was planted, this video planned all along, even the YouTube removal part of Microsoft's PR game.

Previously leaked info [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312708] about Forza 3 revealed that the game would be "epic" and span two DVDs, include 400 cars and 100 tracks, feature "near limitless customization options" and a whole slew of other unofficial details.

So gearheads, just try to not get too whipped up by Microsoft's purposefully crappy attempts to hide this game from you - they're just trying to get you worked up. It's more than likely coming, and I'm sure we'll get the full story at E3.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
WOOOOOHOOOO! Yeah, I'm excited. I still love and play Forza 2, and can't wait for this one! I mean check it out:
It's probably my favourite racing game of all time, and I doubt this will disappoint.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
I am highly anticipating this game. Console racing sims don't get any better than the Forza franchise...

I wish M$ and Turn 10 would just come out and confirm it, though.... Rumors have been flying for a few years now, and I'd like see some official confirmation and preview media.

BTW, nice paint scheme, Tea. I still play as well, as do many, many people...

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Baby Tea said:
WOOOOOHOOOO! Yeah, I'm excited. I still love and play Forza 2, and can't wait for this one! I mean check it out:
It's probably my favourite racing game of all time, and I doubt this will disappoint.
Wow, very nice!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Baby Tea said:
Wow, very nice!
Haha, thanks! I'm running it through the professional series right now!
On the back it says 'We Have Issues' and on the front it says 'BAMALAM!'

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Baby Tea said:
It's so pretty

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Cool. I like that Escapist car too. Maybe I should make an Escapist skin for one of IL-2's planes, maybe the Spitfire.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Yay for Forza....love the Forza...and well...we already knew it'd be coming out anyway....successful games always get sequels....always....

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
I think Forza 3 is approaching "worst kept secret" status right now.

Still, I need to know my deadline to finish Forza 2 up. Still got about 50 cars to get, I just somehow seem to spend more time tuning than racing these days...

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Awesome car, I've really got to get round to buying this game.

ThePocketWeasel

Mar 24, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Nice Escapist Mobile ^.^
Forza 2's pretty awesome, probably the best racing game I've ever played.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Baby Tea said:
That is one cool car.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Forza 2 is on of the best games to date that I've played on my 360.

I am, very excited for a third instalment of my speed induced adrenaline rush.

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
Baby Tea said:
I just hope it's not the butcher job they did last time. Sure, Froza 2 overall is much better than froza 1, but the lack of point to point races made me very upset.

>What I'd like to see return

Point to point racing (rally)
The return of the Blue Mountains Raceway
Return of New York long race track
Auto Cross

>What I'd like to see

More point to point
Auto Cross in the main races
Off road racing
Custom race tracks
Le Mans racing (race around a track for a set time, most laps wins)
To be able to name, and place a description to cars.
To be able to sort cars in different folders (garages?)

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Baby Tea said:
That is fucking epic my friend. I wish I could do something like that, but I was never any good with customizing cars in Forza 2 besides the basics.

I did play Forza 2 and enjoyed it, but it got sort of repetetive, same races and tracks and such. I haven't been following for a sequel, in fact I didn't even know there was a Forza 3, or those details. If Forza 3 ends up as good as it sounds, I will indeed be purchasing it.