FOS RO DAH! What Shout(s) Do You Use?

Mar 30, 2010
Whirlwind Sprint when I'm over-encumbered, and Clear Skies when in a blizzard. Other than that I don't really shout. Oh yeah, and Dragonrend to get those buggers to land, because my sword can't do much damage to those overblown cliffracers when they're doing strafing runs 30ft overhead.

Lenvoran

Apr 29, 2010
Dragonrend - JOOR ZAH FRUL: For Dragons.

Elemental Fury - SU GRAH DUN: For anything tough that is not a dragon (they take so much damage that they're staggered for the rest of their life).

Become Ethereal - FEIM ZI GRON: For travel (it makes it so that sprinting doesn't cost stamina while it's active).

Whirlwind Sprint - WULD NAH KEST: For traversing those pesky gaps. Bridges are the work of THE MAN and must be avoided at all costs.

Slow Time - TIID KLO UL: For fighting big packs of enemies or casters. Being able to dodge and weave my way into melee with a caster is invaluable.

Unrelenting Force - FUS RO DAH: For those times that Lydia stands in the doorway and won't let me by. She can take it. She's pretty badass versus anything that is not a trap.

Xanath

Jul 8, 2010
Unrelenting force and slow time are the ones I find most useful of the ones I currently have, other then that I some times use mark for death for more powerful targets. Used to bring the dragons down with call storm because I was mostly melee, until the second time I killed my horse with it. I just really got into the usefulness of detect life so I might actually unlock that shout.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Hmm

Marked for Death, Fire/Ice Breath and Ice form.

I occasionally use unrelenting force, but its really only a stagger/throw crowd control.. and ice form does that far better.

Dominus Nox

Oct 21, 2009
I tend to use Unrelenting Force as the time it buys is usually enough for me to hurl an extra couple of Fireballs into my enemies face.

Davih

May 7, 2011
Whirlwind Sprint, what else does one need?
Is that caster being a dick and using frost spells? Whirlwind sprint and put a sword in his gut.
That objective marker far away and your horse fell of a cliff? Whirlwind Sprint and save yourself some time.
That dragon being a twat and not landing? Use Dragonrend because Whirlwind Sprint won't help you there.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Most recently, the one that makes repeats of threads only days old go away - Though it might still need a bit of practice.

Fus, Feim Vo!
(or Force, Fade Undo)

EDIT: Nope, didn't work :D

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I only have a handful unlocked, but I actually like the ventriloquism shout.

Me "Oi! Ass-hat!"
Them "Huh? What was that noise? It was over here--"
*THWOCK*
Me (50 yards away) "Hehehe."

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Having focused on two-handed weapons, I use Elemental Fury for boss-types and FUSRODAH for frost users who slow me and kite me around.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
The third tier of Elemental Fury makes my enemies dead. Quickly.

This reminds me. I've yet to use that Legendary Daedric Sword since I've made it. I may have to get back to that after my final today.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
I use a large of variety of shouts depending on my opponents, their numbers and my surroundings. Fire breath (All Three Words) is great for clearing corridors. Unrelenting Force (ATW) can be used similairly or to push opponents into hazards. Ice Form (Two Words) is typically used to CC a boss while I deal with his adds. Aura whisper (One word) for when im sneaking and I want to know where my enemies are. Whirlwind Sprint (TW) I use for quick getaways. Become Ethereal (ATW) i use to jump off mountains or survive a dragons breath attack. Disarm (TW) for creating an opening on opponents with shields. Throw Voice (ATW) for distracting whilst sneaking.

And these are just the shouts I use, I have many more (unlocked) that I don't, like: Frost Breath, Elemental fury and clear skies.

The way I see it my shouts give me a distinct advantage over the majority of enemies in skyrim and I am gonna use every advantage I can get (I'm not an OP Mage so the game is actually challenging)

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
NeutralDrow said:

Me "Oi! Ass-hat!"
*THWOCK*
Yeah, for a stealth archer the project voice is pretty awesome :)

And Hai! NeutralDrow :) long time :)

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Dragonrend on the files that have it. Do i need to say how annoying it is when you dont have a bow and the dragons wont land. Then the moments when you have the bow ready take out about 89% of its health(without it landing no less) just for it to fly away.

Otherwise stromcall like a boss at a giants camp. Two dead giants and three dead mammoths. Move to the next camp.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
The way I see it my shouts give me a distinct advantage over the majority of enemies in skyrim and I am gonna use every advantage I can get (I'm not an OP Mage so the game is actually challenging)
I can totally agree with this point of view.

Though to be perfectly honest, I'm one of those people who will find a use for every shout (or spell, or whathaveyou from other games), just because I have it. I don't believe in leaving tools unused, even situational ones.

Mekado said:
NeutralDrow said:

Me "Oi! Ass-hat!"
*THWOCK*
Yeah, for a stealth archer the project voice is pretty awesome :)
Now I don't have to waste arrows and soul trap charges to do it!

And Hai! NeutralDrow :) long time :)
Ah, hisashiburi! Genki da? ^_^

saviorindeath

Jun 28, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
Dragonrend.

Fire breath.

Whirlwind sprint.

Call dragon when I'm bored and want to mess that mudcrab up.

It works for me.
is that a computer mod or have i just not found enough words?

OT..fire breath about 90% of the time frost for the other 10% really depends on what type of dragon im fighting...

saviorindeath

Jun 28, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
Dragonrend.

Fire breath.

Whirlwind sprint.

Call dragon when I'm bored and want to mess that mudcrab up.

It works for me.
is that a computer mod or have i just not found enough words?

OT I perfer fire breath or ice breath....just depends on what dragon im faceing at the time

edit..computer froze