FOS RO DAH! What Shout(s) Do You Use?

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
I've found myself using Become Ethereal a lot. Really handy for a getaway, and it also helps my enemy turn it's attention away from me and to my conjured thingamajig. It's also handy for running through some of the tricker traps in dungeons. Not that they actually do enough damage to be a problem... but I just feel so much cooler when I traipse my way through them, and my enemies get chopped/burned/bludgeoned to pieces when they try to follow. Silly NPCs.

Also, am I the only one who noticed that the Call Animal shout NEVER works?

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Strun Bah Qo - Storm Call

Fus Ro Dah - Unrelenting Force

Joor Zah Frul - Dragonrend

Storm Call is hilarious as hell as it just calls in rain and then the PAIN begins!

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Unrelenting Force and Frost Breath mostly. I do use slow time and ethereal form sometimes. Its great for jumping off of cliffs. I have a nord, so spec'd in frost magic and all. I made a legendary ebony war axe enchanted with ice magic called "black ice". So much awesome.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Fiad said:
I typically use Unrelenting Force and Ice Form.
I love Ice Form it's handy when things get too crowded. Yea I'm a coward but freezing a group of Forsworn and running away while they're frozen always works.

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
Krii Lun Aus, Mark of Death is pretty beast. Unlike other shouts that just do a little damage and go away this one lets you deal quite alot and sticks around for a while. Not to mention combining this with conjuration is going full on rape mode. A full charge only has a 40 cool down

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Either Dragonrend, or Unrelenting Force, although the Disarm does come in handy alot.

Does anyone else have a problem with the Ps3 controller? Everytime I pause Skyrim, put down the controller, and put in on the ground, or wherever the R2 button gets pressed, and when I unpause it, pick up the controller, I immediately do a Voice shout. I've lost count of the times I've managed to have the entirety of an Inn or Shop or Palace attack me, as soon as I've unpaused..

-_-

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Erm 'Frost Breath', 'Storm Call' and oddly enough 'Aura Whisper' the one that lets you see where everyone is. Helps a lot when you're being stealthy I've found.

DustyDrB said:
I used Aura Whisper more than anything else. Sure, it isn't exciting. But it's a wonderful shout for sneaky players (I was a hunter-type player, always using a bow). I seriously used Aura Whisper about 5X more than every other shout combined. I also like that it has a pretty short cooldown. Throw Voice is fun to troll the AI with, though.
Like so. :p

Sateru

Jul 11, 2010
Whichever one causes your enemy to involuntarily void their bowels...

If that's not an option, I prefer Unrelenting Force since it allows you to throw people off of cliffs. I guess Time Slow is a great one as well since it causes time to slow down from you basically kicking it in the nuts with your voice until it listens. :) Storm Call is more epic than it is useful... it makes you temporarily believe that you're some kind of omnipotent god now instead of some lowly insect of a man. XD Able to summon intense storms that can scare the shit out of anyone who dares stand before, now I just wish you can conjure storms that pick up cows, chickens, horses, the elderly, sets them on fire and flings them at your foes.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
Ice Form. So incredibly useful to turn your enemies to statues for a few seconds.

Hypertion

May 10, 2011
outside i use storm call or Dragon call.

inside i use elemental Fury with the dual wielding perks. the result being the ability to strike faster than you can see.

willis888

May 18, 2010
Dragonrend mostly.

Slow Time helps when facing multiple high level casters.

Whirlwind Sprint to bypass traps and reach ledges in dungeons.

Call Dragon is fun when I just feel like fast-traveling to some random bandit fort and going on a murder spree. It makes for some sweet screen shots too.

Janktrio

Oct 25, 2010
I mostly use unrelenting force, it's great if you're getting swarmed by enemies and need some breathing room or if you want to stagger a large enemy to take it down more easily. It's the first shout I fully upgraded and I don't care much for the other shouts. Also unrelenting force just feels like a powerful shout.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
versoth said:
Slow Time.

No matter your playstyle, it lets your perform more actions per unit game-time than your opponent.

It also lets your brain process more possibilities per unit game-time than any other shout.

Most effective shout.
That would be true if there wasn't a perk in Bows that slows down time when you zoom in.

:3

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
I only have a handful of shouts unlocked so far, my most used one is 'Fire breath', though it is only the first level. I occasionally use my two-levelled 'Unrelenting Force', generally to stagger an archer or mage to prevent him/her from using their ranged attack, and allowing me and Lydia to close in on them. Another one I quite often use now is 'Disarm' though again, it is only in its first level. I usually use the disarm shout on enemies who happen to have a high-powered weapon, such as an enchanted one.

I also, occasionally, use the shout that increases your attack speed, but this is only rare since it is only marginally useful for me. I have so far neglected the 'Whirlwind' shout entirely, as I don't see much of a use for it.

Since my character does not use magic at all, shouts provide a good increase to my usually minimal arsenal and act as my only form of ranged attack (since I also, don't use bows) so I use them quite often compared to many other players. Once I get the third and final level of 'Unrelenting Force', I can see myself using that one a lot more, but at present, 'Fire breath' and 'Disarm' all the way man.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
I wish Storm Call didn't have friendly fire. It's such an awesome shout, but it sucks that it kills your horse and any guards that may be in the vicinity.

rod_hynes

Jun 21, 2009
Like someone else mentioned, I like to use elemental fury with a two handed great sword. They don't stand a chance, even if they get a block up, I still stagger them and take huge chunks of health.

Andrew_Waltfeld

Jan 7, 2011
versoth said:
Slow Time.

No matter your playstyle, it lets your perform more actions per unit game-time than your opponent.

It also lets your brain process more possibilities per unit game-time than any other shout.

Most effective shout.
total agreement. Besides unrelenting force for high castle towers/cliffs to push enemies off and the occasional oil on the ground for flame-breath, that is pretty much all I use. Slowing down time is absurd when you combine it with the quick reflexes perk (block perk) that slows down time when a enemy does a power attack while you block.

Attempt to block a power attack, (attack, attack, attack), Force shout just before it ends, continue attacking until enemy or enemies is dead. :) To them, it just looks like you went thru like the fuhrer from FMA:Brotherhood.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Unrelenting Force, Elemental Fury (I think the one that lets you swing weapons super fast?), Ice Form, Dragonrend, Slow Time, Fire Breath, and on occasion Whirlwind Sprint. I just got the Disarm shout and expect to use it frequently.

WodashGSJ

Mar 20, 2009
Clear Skies and Dragonrend for dealing with dragons, Aura Whisper and a poisoned arrow in the back for everything else. Clear Skies is important to open about half the dragon fights because they often get hidden by low cloud, making them hard to target.