Four Modern Warfare 3 Teasers Invade the World

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Four Modern Warfare 3 Teasers Invade the World

Activision has released four teaser trailers for Modern Warfare 3 that predict a worldwide conflict.

After a load of Modern Warfare 3 details were alledgedly truths, half-truths, and falsehoods [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110018-Modern-Warfare-3-Blows-Up-Brooklyn-London-and-Mogadishu], Activision has decided to get the game's party rolling earlier than planned. Our first official glimpses into the world of Modern Warfare 3 come through four teaser trailers, each from a different region of the world.

[video=3226]

They don't feature gameplay footage yet, hence the term "teaser trailer." However, they do give a hint toward the scale of the conflict that we'll see in Modern Warfare 3.

The first teaser focuses on America, specifically New York. It's evidently under attack. The others are from Franc3, G3rmany, and 3ngland... that is, France, Germany, and England. These areas are also embroiled in some sort of conflict. See below:

[video=3227]
[video=3229]
[video=3228]

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that these teasers are foreshadowing a possible World War III scenario for Modern Warfare 3. The "leaked" details also support this theory, so expect something big from the game when it makes a probable, but as of yet unconfirmed, late 2011 release.

Fogold

Jan 18, 2010
Damn, that looks pretty crazy.

Cool to see England more involved, considering half the characters are from there. I'm actually interested in how this turns out.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
*squeals like a little girl* Ahem, yeah, I think I'll get it. I just hope its upwards of 5 hours long.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Ok, on another thread about this, I translated the Russian at the end of each video.

The America trailer says:
"Destroy enemy hope of winning."

The British trailer says:
"Two, use everything to your advantage."

The France one says:
"Three, use the weakness of your enemy."

The Germany trailer says:
"Four, attack from an unexpected direction."

So, a list of how to fight a war effectively? Maybe a Russian campaign?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
For those wondering I heard on Dtoid you will control the follow:

with players taking on the roles of a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as various main characters.

It will be interesting to see the level where you controll the Russian.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Why did they even bother labeling the countries? Every sequence except Germany was obvious enough to be identified geographically by a pygmy from the Amazon.

But I suppose this franchise abandoned any form of subtly long ago.
The France one says:
"Three, use the weakness of your enemy."
My point exactly.

Shreder55

Jul 1, 2009
Ok thats a step in the right direction, but whats Canada doing? Aparently we don't do anything even though Russia invaded through Canada.

Wouldent it be a cool mission if your a single Canadian Soldier and you have to sneak all the way through a invaded city (like Toronto) on your own. We do have an army so we would get involved somehow.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
That all looks awesome, but I don't get why Canada wouldn't be mentioned, it is part of America and next door to the USA so why isn't Canada mentioned at all?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Titan Buttons said:
That all looks awesome, but I don't get why Canada wouldn't be mentioned, it is part of America and next door to the USA so why isn't Canada mentioned at all?
Because there's no E in Canada.

Kyle Roberts

Feb 18, 2011
Okay is single player makes up for the game i will give it another chance.

Aslong as the entire campain wont involve me just killing russians

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Titan Buttons said:
It doesn't have an E to be turned into a 3. Oh joy, MW3 trying to sell itself for story. How peculiar.

Captcha: ceishat vacated, sounds like a type of bowel movement.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
I take it WW3 will be occurring in a market bazaar in unspecifiedistan, a military base in notreallyrussia & a suburb of patriotville, USA?

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Planning discussion at Activision:

Okay... we want a reason to fight in Paris, Berlin, and London, but we don't want to go back to World War II.

How about we make World War III?

You, sir, are getting a raise.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
This could either go really good, or really bad. Considering my history with this series, my money is on really bad.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Triforceformer said:
This could either go really good, or really bad. Considering my history with this series, my money is on really bad.
That. And did I miss the memo that turning E into 3 in games is the new thing?

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
I wonder how England, France, and Germany will react about this. I'm sure Germany may give a major 'Hey now!' about a video game involving their invasion.

But hey, yay European warring!