Four Modern Warfare 3 Teasers Invade the World

PattyG

May 15, 2011
It's just like in the No Punctuation review of Black Ops: Could someone just please invade America already? We apparently seem to want to so badly.

oneshotfinchy

May 10, 2009
I am going to buy this game and I will enjoy playing it with my friends.

I'm sorry, I mean "boohoo call of duty sucks broken multiplayer generic storyline 30 minutes long money grabbing bastards"

Dr_Steve_Brule

Mar 28, 2010
World War 3 with France and England?
What, did they just forget they had nuclear weapons?
Seriously, what the fuck is the excuse for them not using ANY weapon of mass destruction? We aready had about 3 nukes exploding in our face while playing the MW games, so they obviously exist, BUT WHY THE FUCK DOES NOBODY USE THEM?
You can't leave a plot hole this gigantic and just expect me to accept it.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Calling it now, this won't live up to Modern Warfare 1, and will probably by just as underwhelming as Modern Warfare 2 was. I have no doubt the multiplayer will be good though as per usual but as Activision has shown in the past they are NOT capable storytellers.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
redisforever said:
Well, since the cold war, America has seen Russia as evil. This is the first thing America does in a war, demonize the enemy. They did this with everyone from World War II onwards.
But the russians are awesome!
I have an uncle that drinks vodka like water, he plays chess like a master and is a champ with poker. He tells me stories about the time he had in the red army, shit, I think I'm having a man-crush on my uncle.
The fact that they take on Germany, France, Britain and the USA PROVES THAT RUSSIA IS AWESOME.
I'm just getting tired of using the Russians as the bad guys. I mean come on these are good people, yeah their government is a bunch of jerks but so is the U.S.A. *sigh* I am not buying this game. I'll rent it but I am not buying it.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Shreder55 said:
Ok thats a step in the right direction, but whats Canada doing? Aparently we don't do anything even though Russia invaded through Canada.

Wouldent it be a cool mission if your a single Canadian Soldier and you have to sneak all the way through a invaded city (like Toronto) on your own. We do have an army so we would get involved somehow.
No offense, but a while ago you decided it was a good idea to combine all of the branches of your military and now it's kinda crappy. I understand it as a cost saving mechanism but it significantly diminishes your abilities to defend yourselves effectively. Plus this series focuses on badass special forces groups and as far as I know you don't have any. You did actually help during WWII, but if you want to get attention in military shooters you need a stronger military.

Or you can be happy that you've saved enough money on defense that you can afford universalized healthcare and chalk up your absence from military focused fiction as a small price to pay.

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
bahumat42 said:
thank you voice of reason, i cant understand people getting excited over this series. ESPECIALLY given how spectacularly IW blew up, its a hodge podge job by 3 dev teams which will result in a "meh" game, support another fps people i beg of you PLEASE. Activisions stronghold on this genre benefits noody.
Plus BF3 looks pretty sick, and I would rather spend 60 on BF3 then MW3

Shreder55

Jul 1, 2009
ReiverCorrupter said:
Shreder55 said:
Ok thats a step in the right direction, but whats Canada doing? Aparently we don't do anything even though Russia invaded through Canada.

Wouldent it be a cool mission if your a single Canadian Soldier and you have to sneak all the way through a invaded city (like Toronto) on your own. We do have an army so we would get involved somehow.
No offense, but a while ago you decided it was a good idea to combine all of the branches of your military and now it's kinda crappy. I understand it as a cost saving mechanism but it significantly diminishes your abilities to defend yourselves effectively. Plus this series focuses on badass special forces groups and as far as I know you don't have any. You did actually help during WWII, but if you want to get attention in military shooters you need a stronger military.

Or you can be happy that you've saved enough money on defense that you can afford universalized healthcare and chalk up your absence from military focused fiction as a small price to pay.
I see your point, but Canada still holds the record for the worlds longest confirmed sniper kill (over 2km I think). I still think it wouldn't hurt to put Canada in there somewhere.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
This game makes the anger sharks swim in my head.

1) MW2's story was god-awful. It required me to make one of the most ridiculous leaps in logic I've ever made in a game, because it tries to be a "realistic military shooter". One international incident and Russia is invading America. Really? That's what would happen? I just have so much trouble accepting that. I get it, it's game, but come the hell on. As improbable as Homefront was, at least it had a set up. It showed us the progression of events that lead to the North Koreans invading. It wasn't just "ONE AIRPORT SHOT UP. RUSSIA INVADES." That and I beat it in one single night. That was also just serious amounts of disappointing. I tried to convince myself I'd enjoyed the game I played, it wasn't until a few days later that I realized with crippling sadness, that I had not.

2) As someone mentioned above, nuclear weapons. We've already seen them used in the series. There's a reason the word "deterrence" was used so much during the Cold War. A reason the US and Russia never thought of invading each other back then. And why we don't see world super powers slugging it out like this today. "Oh, we're gonna lose? LAUNCH THE NUKES!" gg world.

3) Why the hell would Russia do this? When was the last time they had a great offensive victory? WWII? Even then, they just sat in their frozen wasteland, and waited for the western push to start, which weakened Germany's Eastern front and allowed them to push as well. Their track record of invading places isn't exactly that great.

4) Nukes. Again. Come the hell on.

5) What would Russia hope to gain from this? Ruining everything?

6) Lets cut it out with the Cold War era paranoia, the Russian threat ended over 21 years ago. Fighting Russians is almost getting to the point of fighting Nazis.

7) I presume it's being made by Treyarch. Makers of Call of Duty: Not Another WWII Shooter and CoD: ZOMBIES! BRO! CHECK IT! ZOMBIES! BRO! BRO! PAY 1/4TH THE PRICE FOR 1/50TH THE CONTENT AGAIN!

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Shreder55 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Shreder55 said:

I see your point, but Canada still holds the record for the worlds longest confirmed sniper kill (over 2km I think). I still think it wouldn't hurt to put Canada in there somewhere.
That's neat, though those records don't last very long. No one talks about the Finns, but they have the most badass sniper. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4