Fourth Season of Torchwood Gets a New Subtitle and a Plot

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I want to make it known that I have really only ever seen ONE random episode of Torchwood. I just.. Happened to see it on TV suddenly.

Season 4 Premiere? I'm totally watching it. Whether I understand the damn show or not. Why? DICHEN LACHMAN (Dollhouse, Neighbours, NCIS:LA, Hawaii Five-O) IS GUEST STARRING IN THE PREMIERE, YOU GUYS.

I have met her. I am supporting everything that amazing actress does. Because she's awesome.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I still haven't checked out any of the first three seasons. I've been told I should rectify this. Davies isn't the best writer, though, and his scripts often demand that characters can really be the epitome of expressiveness that mellow writing requires. It worked more or less well in Doctor Who, but making something dark and gritty doesn't excuse flat characters. Cobble that with how massively unimpressed I was with the Season 4 finale, where everyone had to be involved and had to be as one-dimensional as possible so that they could all wish the Daleks back out of existence. Flimsy writing isn't exactly good in the best of shows, and I have the sneaking suspicion that it won't be stellar in the Spin-offs.