Fox Business: LEGO Movie "Anti-Capitalist"

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
You've got to be kidding, hell if they'd watched the movie they would realize how stupid this argument is. Well it is faux so hell I'm not surprised.

Someone please tell me fox is losing mainstream appeal and all these hacks will be losing their jobs soon.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Hey, which of these memes works best as a retort on Fox New finding new things to ***** about? This one...

or this one?

Can we agree that if everyone working for and with Fox News suddenly died in under 24 hours (hopefully, in the most embarrassing and painful manner), it would be considered a massive step forward to improving humanity's ability to better themselves? I'm willing to bet we would have a mass week-long celebration if that actually happened.

Bottom line, there's a big difference between "missing the point of one's message" and "finding a point that has no actual relation to that message and proceeding to use your head as a makeshift hammer to drill said point into the conversation".

No secret as to which option Fox News goes with.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
It's right that they're big employers and they spend money on their workers so they can live life and solve their problems. But you're also faceless. YOU do not matter. And when Point meets pole, your problems will not matter, and that education for your kids means nothing to them if they can save a buck or two.

I've worked for a lot of big businesses. And no matter how good you are at a job, unless you spend all of your free time sucking hypothetical cock, you'll be the first one to go.

And seriously? Fox acts like this is a new thing? Did they forget that in the early 90's their #1 guy, Ted Turner, was responsible for 'Captain Planet'? One of the biggest anti-corporate kid shows ever made?

Jan 29, 2009
I saw the movie. It wasn't about anti-consumerism or anti-capitalism, it was about
people who take things that were designed to be good and forcing it into evil. The father and his son mirrored Emmet and Pres. Business, as the portrayal of evil in a corporate manner was how the child saw his father: a corrupt authority figure. It wasn't that all positions of power are evil, it was that someone in that position of power abused it for their own purposes, forgetting about the good of the world in the process. This is seen in Pres. Business' plan to freeze everything in his image, forgetting that the Lego world's defining aspect is unbridled creativity, analogous to the father's refusal to let his son into his world. They became obsessed with the bricks of the world, the material things, and they forgot and refused to acknowledge the creativity and humanity that drives it all.

Endocrom said:
Have you SEEN the price of Legos? Lego is NOT against making all the money it can for a few pennies worth of plastic.

(Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of it goes to the licenses)
Well, honestly, plastic is tied to oil. Higher oil prices = higher production costs for raw materials, higher manufacturing costs for machines in the factory, higher shipping costs to get it to stores.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
soren7550 said:
Uggggghhh, the overwhelming stupid that comes from Fox 'News' is enough to make my head crush itself.

Zer0Saber said:
Lord Business was just the representation of a child's father. (Father obviously some kind of business man) and as far as I remember there was no environmental, anti-capitalist, or any other message in the film other than Pro-creativity, you know outside the box kinda thing. Oh and Mr. Rodgers message that everyone is special.
Freaken loved that movie though. So many fuzzy memories. Also shut up Fox.
Exactly. It's pretty clear that these mouth breathers didn't even see the movie, nor bothered to notice the numerous LEGO Movie merchandise that's been pumped out to capitalize on the film before they started to spew forth their explosive verbal diarrhea. (how they've flourished in NYC, I'll never know)
They saw about as much of The Lego Movie as they did Mass Effect 1.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Hawk eye1466 said:
Someone please tell me fox is losing mainstream appeal and all these hacks will be losing their jobs soon.
Why do you think they're so desperate for ratings? They're part of a dying medium,[footnote]And if I may don my speculation hat for a moment, doesn't this put their constant bashings of Movies, the Internet, and Games in a new light? They're attacking all their competing entertainment mediums! You never hear them claim that cable news making celebrities out of mass murderers might contribute to causing mass shootings.[/footnote] AND their install base is starting to (finally, and often literally) die off.

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Racecarlock said:
Dude, one of the heroes is a corporation owner who happens to be so rich that he can manufacture gadgets and vehicles shaped like bats.
I was wondering if anyone would bring that up. Not only is Bruce one of the richest men in the world, he got that way by inheriting his parents' corporation and operates without any government oversight. Frankly, the only traits he has that wouldn't appeal to the Fox audience are his aversion to firearms, his refusal to kill, and his scientific mind.