Fox Greenlights Battlefield: Bad Company TV Show

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Fox Greenlights Battlefield: Bad Company TV Show

A TV adaptation of the popular series hopes to portray its action and humor.

Let's see if you can name this TV show: four unconventional ex-soldiers find themselves on the wrong side of the government, and must now evade capture while helping people and trading funny quips along the way. If you guessed The A-Team [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM], you're right, but apparently, there's enough room for at least two military action-comedies in this world. Battlefield: Bad Company, EA's humorous shooter spinoff, is getting the small screen treatment courtesy of Fox as an upcoming TV series.

The show will come courtesy of John Eisendrath (producer and writer on Alias), Sony TV, and Happy Madison (a studio that specializes in comedies). Each episode will be an hour long (or, more accurately, 42-44 minutes once you take commercials into account), and follow the story of the game's four protagonists as they evade their former commander, now an agent of a shady government faction. There's no word on how closely the show will follow its source material, but both Patrick Bach and Patrick O'Brien, high-ranking representatives from EA, will be involved in the production.

Whether the series retells the events of the games or weaves its own unique yarn, Bad Company seems like a good candidate for a TV adaptation. Since its narrative strength is in its characters, any number of stories involving them should prove entertaining in the right hands. Videogames don't generally work as movies, but could they succeed in a serialized format?

Source: Deadline Hollywood [http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/battlefield-bad-company-tv-series-fox-electronic-arts-alias/]

NinjaSocks333

Jul 13, 2012
Well this is an interesting development. Ill be interested to see how this turns out. Not sure if fox would be my first choice though.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Considering all those ads for the first game, this has the potential to be awesome. They had all those great parody videos and the ones introducing the soldiers.

It also has the potential to suck, but I'd prefer to stay optimistic.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
So this will either suck and stay on the air for way to long.

Suck and get canned after two episodes.

Be amazing and get canceled after the first season.

Though I likely will watch this when it comes out.

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
I loved the Bad Company games and thought the characters made it a superior game to CoD.

Colour me interested.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Two Angels said:
I loved the Bad Company games and thought the characters made it a superior game to CoD.

Colour me interested.
That only applies to Bad Company 1. It had that Kelly's Heros thing going on that made it awesome. BC2 just had a sucky story line.

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
This is ... actually a good idea...

The show does sort of fit as a TV show. I can actually totally see this.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
If they can pull this off, they'll be the ones getting the gold xD. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
WanderingFool said:
Two Angels said:

Colour me interested.
That only applies to Bad Company 1. It had that Kelly's Heros thing going on that made it awesome. BC2 just had a sucky story line.
Very true. That's because it tried to copy CoD. BC1 had the crazy dictator too. Hope he appears in the show.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Shame that the funny characters were only in the first.
Christ, the second's story mode sucked.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Beautiful End said:
"Bad Company" as the theme song.

Who wants to bet?
But then what version do you go for?

I'd definitely be interested in watching it anyway, at least initially.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Beautiful End said:
"Bad Company" as the theme song.

Who wants to bet?
But then what version do you go for?

I'd definitely be interested in watching it anyway, at least initially.
I was actually thinking of the cover by Five Finger Deathpunch cause, ya know, that's badass and modern. Or something.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
This sounds like a great idea, though I wonder if the character chemistry in the show will be anything like it was in the game. Haggard, Sweetwater, and Redford is one of my favorite collection of people, Marlowe being excluded only because of being the (largely) silent protagonist, save for the monologues and rare cut-scene dialogue, which I feel worked. Also brings me to the question of whether or not there'll be a main focus character who'll be monologuing on occasion, if only in the same fashion of How I Met Your Mother (without the kids, of course).

Krat Arona

Jul 12, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
Balls to this, when is Bad Company 3 getting announced?
Probably never. The first game was an Proof of Concept project to show that DICE and the Frost engine were worth EA's time. The fact that it got a squeal in the first place was luck really. BC2 was probably greenlit for the sake of padding out time between BF3.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I had to double take and remember that the retards spamming the internet with pro-Republican news stories are only one facet of Fox.

Oh well, since i live in the UK ill probably see it on Sky 1 in half a year or so after its premiere, if it even manages to get off the ground in the States.