Fox news goes at it with Duke Nukem Forever's "Capture the Babe" mode

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Duke Nukem's ridiculous over the top silliness has been established decades ago.
Just look at the damned name! Duke Nukem!

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
I have to admit this: The majority of the comments on Faux News posts are from mostly sound (the "don't like it don't buy it" type) people.

Maybe there's hope for the world yet...

Nah.

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
TheDarkestDerp said:
*Shrugs* Looks like people are still people.

Girl? Check. Gamer? check. Stripper? Check. Ever given her man a 'mouth hug' while he was playing a video game? Double-check. Seems like I'm the focus group of this mode they're so honked-off about, but I don't feel too offended... *pokes herself* Nope.
Your man is one of the luckiest in the world.

OT: I never played any of the other Duke Nukem games (mostly because I was and still am into RTS games, more then shooters) but with this story from Fox, I might gather up the cash to buy this one when it comes out.

RollingThunder

Nov 2, 2010
Worgen said:
fox needs a new motto, fair and balanced just doesnt make sense for them, instead it should be "fox news, we really want to be racist but will settle for being stupid"
It's too long, need shorter motto, like "Fox News, we are racist and stupid"

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
One of Many said:
TheDarkestDerp said:
*Shrugs* Looks like people are still people.

Girl? Check. Gamer? check. Stripper? Check. Ever given her man a 'mouth hug' while he was playing a video game? Double-check. Seems like I'm the focus group of this mode they're so honked-off about, but I don't feel too offended... *pokes herself* Nope.
Your man is one of the luckiest in the world.

OT: I never played any of the other Duke Nukem games (mostly because I was and still am into RTS games, more then shooters) but with this story from Fox, I might gather up the cash to buy this one when it comes out.
With the exception of the stripper part, sounds like my wife. XD

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
You know, I'd be tempted to agree that the game is sexist if they hadn't been *more* sexist themselves. The headline is something about players slapping women - so it's acceptable to mow down hordes of males with a storm of bullets, but the second you lay a finger on someone who just *happened* to be born with a vagina, it's fucking Armageddon. And the game is sexist, FOX?

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
I believe Penny Arcade said it best with this comic. Sorry its in link form, I have no idea how to embed stuff from their site.

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/1225003176_APGME-L.jpg
haha thats funny

and thats how you embed it

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
I'm just gunna stop them at the first sentence.
What gamers are complaining about this??
Was it the 2 extreme feminists on staff that played Bejeweled on their downtime?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
thaluikhain said:

Fox news got the facts right this time. WTF?
They did say it would get a sping release, so there's that. It was actually a surprisingly well written article and a valid concern. Saying that Duke Nukem is sexist is more accurate than saying Bulletstorm will turn you into a rapist.
Now I guess Duke Nukem Forever will sell a lot...

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
QUICK QUICK SOMEONE GIVE A SHIT

Ahem, sorry.

Anyway, this was inevitable. Fox News were always going to latch onto this. Myself, I just see it as a big parody of chauvanism.

EDIT: They seriously censored a stripper's bum? How prudish are they?
RAMERIEZ GIVE A SHIT FOR ME

Nah but still i think Fox News will be talking about Duke ALOT and ***** moan and complain about it.

i rekon the things in the game that they will ***** about is

Sexism
Naked People [monsters or humans]
Swear words or Blood gore

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I get to slap a girl and not go to jail over it? Amazing.

OT: Fox is stupid, we have known this for a long time. Why even care about what they say anymore?

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Following the what-were-they-thinking response shared across the gaming community, Gearbox announced Thursday yet another delay to the overdue game's release. Duke Nukem Forever, which had been slated for release May 3, is now scheduled for June 14.

The company did not say whether the delay was related to the controversy.
Dear god, I hope gearbox isn't taking this extra time to censor the game... that would suck big steel balls...

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
This simply proves why Duke's the MAN. He wouldn't really be the king if everyone that had a moral stick up their butts didn't get outraged at him every time he does anything.

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

Ryujisama

Sep 3, 2010
I firmly believe that the delay in Duke is probably just Gearbox trying to get a few laughs in. It'd be cool if they actually released the game ahead of schedule. Either way, Fox is misinformed, and I'm still buying this game. Seriously, if they new of the Duke games in the past, this new feature shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.