Fox News: Halo 4 Could Keep Voters At Home

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
CPunchMaster said:
Didn't MovieBob already talk about this way, way back when?

Alas, I think Fox News will jump on anything. I remember when they complained that in the Spiderman films they didn't say "the American way."
Strange how nobody else has mentioned this until now. MovieBob said exactly the same thing a few months ago. But now that Fox says it, it's all bull and shit. I'm no fan of Fox, but they might have a point this time.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
Geth Reich said:
Nonsense.

Complete nonsense that only serves to make Fox look like complete buffoons.

I would only skip election day for the next Killzone installment!

[small] Also I'm British so (shrugs and goes back to gaming) [/small]
Uh, Fox isn't the only one making this argument. (See the Big Picture: One Day in November) Seriously guys, this is ridiculously biased of the escapist community. Fox News could say "I like cats" and you'd call them out for saying 'I' instead of 'we'.

Also:

"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
This implies that playing Halo 4 on the day it comes out means you are a hopeless loser with no mental faculties. Why isn't anyone pissed off about this?

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
< "The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
He really said that?

Undead Jesus, that guy's a prick.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Wait... did this already get covered something like several months ago when Halo 4's release date was announced?

I remember a MovieBob Big Picture video about it, but I swear there was an article too...

Anyways, It wouldnt surprise me if there were more people that chose to stay home and play Halo 4 over actually voting.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
Given that the 360 Polling of the debates suggests that the people interested in the election who own a 360 are overwhelmingly Republican I'm not surprised that Fox News would cry about it. However, if you're so inept as a voter to stay home playing Halo 4 when everyone else finds time after work, lunch, early in the morning, or even the people who've lost their home to Sandy who have to stay out in the cold just to vote then maybe just maybe you shouldn't be voting.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
Americans still have a democratic process? I though they were all just rich people paying other people into power.
Pretty much, but we like to make a show of it.

Course, that's also pretty much the story everywhere. Very few politicians in the world were not already wealthy when they entered politics.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
medv4380 said:
Given that the 360 Polling of the debates suggests that the people interested in the election who own a 360 are overwhelmingly Republican I'm not surprised that Fox News would cry about it. However, if you're so inept as a voter to stay home playing Halo 4 when everyone else finds time after work, lunch, early in the morning, or even the people who've lost their home to Sandy who have to stay out in the cold just to vote then maybe just maybe you shouldn't be voting.
Wait, really? I watched two of those debates, and it seemed as though most of the gamers were supportive of Obama and such... maybe all the republican[footnote]and I apparently lost the ability to spell all of a sudden...[/footnote] gamers were busy playing COD instead...

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Kiyeri said:
Andy Chalk said:
"There will always be that percentage who are too cool, too cynical, and too ignorant to be bothered. I would guess that's between 10 and 15 percent of the kids of voting age," he said. "The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
Did he actually say this? A professional analyst? Are you kidding me?!

Maybe voting seems less than ideal because choosing a candidate is choosing the lesser of two "meh". I only voted at all because it's my first election and my family would practically disown me if I didn't.
You have to remember, professional doesn't mean anything other then you are paid to do something, being a professional analyst doesn't make him smart, it just means someone is paying him and when statistics get involved it more than likely means someone is paying him to say something they will like. In addition I would like to point out how the quotes held within this article sound like they were taken directly from the guy that did the borderlands 2 review that got laughed out of the forum.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
And here was me thinking it wasn't that great, from those that have played the rest of the Halo games. And until the PS3 version of Mass Effect was moved back to December, my plan was "go vote, grab my copy of the game, go home and play". Not hard to see how that would work for those who actually want to vote. Or, you know, gods help us, they put the game down for twenty minutes to press invisible buttons. Really not that hard.

Geth Reich

Sep 16, 2012
HalfTangible said:
Geth Reich said:
Nonsense.

Complete nonsense that only serves to make Fox look like complete buffoons.

I would only skip election day for the next Killzone installment!

[small] Also I'm British so (shrugs and goes back to gaming) [/small]
Uh, Fox isn't the only one making this argument. (See the Big Picture: One Day in November) Seriously guys, this is ridiculously biased of the escapist community. Fox News could say "I like cats" and you'd call them out for saying 'I' instead of 'we'.

Also:

"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
This implies that playing Halo 4 on the day it comes out means you are a hopeless loser with no mental faculties. Why isn't anyone pissed off about this?
I'd rather not because I don't really care one way or the other about whatever their saying in this article because A) I'm not capable of voting in America and B) Fox (and most media for that matter) saying stupid crap about gamers that imply their hopeless social dropouts is just something I treat with the same emotional response as watching the sun rise: "It happened again-welp back to gaming!"

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
WanderingFool said:
medv4380 said:
Wait, really? I watched two of those debates, and it seemed as though most of the gamers were supportive of Obama and such... maybe all the republican gamers were busy playing COD instead...
A couple of the Interactive polling questions reflected more of the republican party view. Best example was the "Do you support drone attacks" question that 70% of 360 owners answered yes. Caused a few pendents to look oddly at it. Most Americans support the use of drones anyways save for Ultra Liberals but of Republicans it's 70% support. Things like that make them more likely to be or be convinced by the republican narrative, but if they don't vote then it doesn't matter.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Anyone that is choosing between standing in line for 10 mins to an hour plus to cast their vote for president that happens every 4 years, over an extra 10 mins to an hour plus to play a video game entry in a series that comes out at least once every two years is a buffoon and probably wouldn't of voted anyway. Lazy bastards =/

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
medv4380 said:
A couple of the Interactive polling questions reflected more of the republican party view. Best example was the "Do you support drone attacks" question that 70% of 360 owners answered yes. Caused a few pendents to look oddly at it. Most Americans support the use of drones anyways save for Ultra Liberals but of Republicans it's 70% support. Things like that make them more likely to be or be convinced by the republican narrative, but if they don't vote then it doesn't matter.
Anyone besides me realise just how easy it is to make a joke about Call of Duty with somthing like that.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Better to stay inside and have some fun than going out and wasting your time choosing whichever rich asshole you want to take a dump on you.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Rest assured, Fox News, that Halo 4 is not the reason I won't be voting this year. In truth, it's just too much hassle to do the whole absentee ballot thing just to put in a Mickey Mouse protest vote. I don't really like either of the major runners, and the Republicans and Democrats both seem to want to turn our country into a police state, just for different reasons(or different lobbyists, rather).

In short, they can all go fuck themselves.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Love how people are attacking Fox over what independent analysts are saying about Halo and its possible effect on voting lol. Anything to trash Fox News I guess...