Fox News: Halo 4 Could Keep Voters At Home

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Two things.

1. I voted last week. Ergo, your plans are foiled, Fox News!
2. It's Fox News. When was the last time they didn't say something that the Republican Paty didn't want them to say?

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
When we literally have a South Park episode coming to life where people are expected to vote between a douche and a turd sandwich what do you expect them to do but not care?

The democratic system has been broken for a long long time since politicians started being sold whole sale to giant corporations and lobbyists.

Who cares who the president is? They will sell out just the same as the next president and the next and the next. You think your vote matters? Sure it matters in determining who will be getting bribed for the next few years, but other than that you might as well skip the vote and accept the fact that whatever the outcome you will still be bent over a very patriotically colored barrel.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Mimsofthedawg said:
Part of the point of the article, if you actually cared to read instead of just reading the fine example of yellow journalism andy chalk produced here, was that many gamers voted early specifically because Halo 4 was coming out. So, Fox News' "evil plans" of explaining why gamers may not go out and vote today are actually proved right by you. How do you like being a statistic?
Kinda makes my armpits tingle.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I consider this a good thing seeing as how Halo's fanbase that would be at home instead of voting would be voting for the right anyway.

They should do this every 4 years.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
If anything this absolutely mean spirited and generalized was said about another group, there would be a freaking media massacre. But because it's said about gamers, everybody on Fox has a laugh because their only vision of gamers is the one they see on The Big Bang Theory in between jerking off to Ayn Rand.

Fox is an absolute, unprofessional disgrace. I plead that anyone working there jump ship to literally any other TV news network.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
In a way, wouldn't it be a good thing if the people who care more about Halo 4 than who wins the election don't vote? I mean, they clearly don't care much, so the result wouldn't really concern them anyway, surely it'd be better if the decision came down to people who gave damn.

And don't think I'd look down on these people at all, I don't. The whole, 'why should I care to vote on an election between a douche and a turd' logic could well apply depending on your views. Hell, I'm British, and if you asked me to pick between Ed Milliband and Dave Cameron right now, I'd just sigh and reach for a coin. And unless someone sways me in the pre-election build up, I'll most likely vote for something fun like the monster raving loonies, or just write a nihilistic poem on my voting paper. So seriously, apathy is fine by me.

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
Bobic said:
In a way, wouldn't it be a good thing if the people who care more about Halo 4 than who wins the election don't vote? I mean, they clearly don't care much, so the result wouldn't really concern them anyway, surely it'd be better if the decision came down to people who gave damn.

And don't think I'd look down on these people at all, I don't. The whole, 'why should I care to vote on an election between a douche and a turd' logic could well apply depending on your views. Hell, I'm British, and if you asked me to pick between Ed Milliband and Dave Cameron right now, I'd just sigh and reach for a coin. And unless someone sways me in the pre-election build up, I'll most likely vote for something fun like the monster raving loonies, or just write a nihilistic poem on my voting paper. So seriously, apathy is fine by me.
Quite. I voted third party and all over the country, tens (Likely hundreds in total) of thousands of people will do exactly the same. But due to our election system, which is hopelessly biased against third parties in its construction - say, with the ballot laws and collusion between the Reps and the Dems to exclude other candidates from the debates - my vote will not matter at all. People will even say that, in my refusal to vote for douche 1 over douche 2 because (in their heads, largely) they see douche 2 as WAY evil and douche 1 as only slightly less evil, that I've 'thrown my vote away'.

I get a vote, that's 'democracy'. But what does that vote represent? Absolutely nothing. The voices of tens of thousands of citizens rendered utterly meaningless. And it's exactly the same for anyone who votes for Red or Blue if they lose. Romney gets 51% of the vote, 49% of the country's opinions are rendered utterly meaningless in this first-past-the-post system. I'd much rather have a parliamentary system, but too many people love the horse race.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."

Hello generic Fox News scumbag, how are you today? Still thinking up witty remarks comparing Obama to Hitler?

Seriously though, it's comments like that coming from Fox being the reason that nobody in their right mind should or will take them seriously.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
I think the better question is "have the politicians gotten so bad that playing a game accomplishes more than voting, thus giving a sense of time well spent?"

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
fox news is concerned for democracy? They could start by having fair and balanced programing with no bias. Start calling black kettles black and not having stories designed to dishonour the middle class and poor.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
Yea... except, you know, part of the point of the blog (it was about as much of an article as this forum post) was to show that many gamers interested in Halo voted early not that they didn't vote at all.
*Reads Source*
My points more or less still stand.

Fox have gone through great lengths to discredit Obama and as practically a part of the Political Right, they would rather if people didn't vote for him.

I do wish more of the Younger Votes show up and vote for Obama as I see no good coming from voting for Romney.

I barely touched on the Halo Issue, I merely stated that they HOPE that the players don't vote, they've made their position on the idea of Obama staying in for another 4 years VERY VERY VERY clear.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
No matter who you vote for, nothing will truly change, for that to happen, most of the politicians of this era would need to be replaced by younger people. Right and left never works, try walking in the center. And don't tell me the current system works, 15 trillion dollars begs to differ!

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Oh, Fox is saying that this would throw a wench into elections? Do you want some cookies Fox, for your astounding observation? Question: what if you sincerely think that both the candidates are not fit for president?

Fox didn't apparently think this through.

To all you guys playing Halo 4, enjoy. I would, but with me buying a PS3 and no interest in politics whatsoever[footnote]I like seeing what happens in our "fine" ("snicker") government. I just don't like the idiocy that I'm seeing lately. Hello SOPA?[/footnote] and the inability to vote anyway, I have no choice.

I'll get back to Dark Souls now, okay Fox?

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
Mimsofthedawg said:
Yea... except, you know, part of the point of the blog (it was about as much of an article as this forum post) was to show that many gamers interested in Halo voted early not that they didn't vote at all.
*Reads Source*
My points more or less still stand.

Fox have gone through great lengths to discredit Obama and as practically a part of the Political Right, they would rather if people didn't vote for him.

I do wish more of the Younger Votes show up and vote for Obama as I see no good coming from voting for Romney.

I barely touched on the Halo Issue, I merely stated that they HOPE that the players don't vote, they've made their position on the idea of Obama staying in for another 4 years VERY VERY VERY clear.
And CNN and MSNBC don't go to great lengths to discredit Romney? Just stop with the spin already, both sides say the most ridiculous things about each other from Romney being a murderer to him being a rape supporter and womanizer, so don't play it off like its only Fox that says such things.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
"There will always be that percentage who are too cool, too cynical, and too ignorant to be bothered. I would guess that's between 10 and 15 percent of the kids of voting age," he said.
Really fox? Really. You expect me to take you seriously after that?

OT: The people who don't want to vote because they're too busy playing Halo aren't the kind of people I want deciding who will become one of the most important men in the world, so why should I care?

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Coreless said:
And CNN and MSNBC don't go to great lengths to discredit Romney? Just stop with the spin already, both sides say the most ridiculous things about each other from Romney being a murderer to him being a rape supporter and womanizer, so don't play it off like its only Fox that says such things.
I know, just Fox was the one on Topic and is was on their website this source came from.