Fox News: Halo 4 Could Keep Voters At Home

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
GOP election strategy 2016: Bribe developers to cluster AAA game releases in election week. Ensure that they are addictive as hell. Win election due to young voters too glued to their screens to care about election.

Won't win, but I'd say it's worth a try. :3

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Moosejaw said:
Ohhh yeah. Picking Corrupt Rich Guy A or Corrupt Rich Guy B requires ever-so-much thought. I think Halo's a little tougher than flipping a coin.
Oh you forgot Corrupt Slightly-Less Rich Guy C. The underdog of the race.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
shadowstriker86 said:
Halo 4 didnt keep me from voting. DBZ Budokai HD collection did. oh and the fact that the 2 canidates are two bowls of crap that smell equally as bad
Thank you. It's almost as if this point-of-view is not considered a valid one.

Come Election day, what did I do instead of vote? Play Halo 4. Yeah. That's right. But even if it didn't come out, I would've played something else instead.

And it's not like I didn't have a chance to vote. My job has me going to state offices on a weekly basis - Polls were set up every time I went and I could've easily taken a few minutes out of my routine to cast a vote. And oh how those curious pollers kept asking me if I were taking part in the democratic process.

They'd say, "Excuse me sir, have you voted today?"

"No."

"Are you going to take part in this election?"

"No."

And then.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
First off, I'm not an american.

Second: How can Fox news exist?!?!?!?

I dont usually use more than max 2 question marks, but it boggles the mind! To someone outside the US...it just seems impossible. Every time I hear something about fox news it sounds like something no one could say with a straight face. How is this channel still live? Do people watch it for laughs?

Thirdly: I can understand people not wanting to vote. Not because they want to play games instead, but rather that it doesnt matter much to them which president screws them over. I'm cynical and its not even 12 o'clock.

Edit:

Tohuvabohu said:
shadowstriker86 said:
Halo 4 didnt keep me from voting. DBZ Budokai HD collection did. oh and the fact that the 2 canidates are two bowls of crap that smell equally as bad
Thank you. It's almost as if this point-of-view is not considered a valid one.

Come Election day, what did I do instead of vote? Play Halo 4. Yeah. That's right. But even if it didn't come out, I would've played something else instead.

And it's not like I didn't have a chance to vote. My job has me going to state offices on a weekly basis - Polls were set up every time I went and I could've easily taken a few minutes out of my routine to cast a vote. And oh how those curious pollers kept asking me if I were taking part in the democratic process.

They'd say, "Excuse me sir, have you voted today?"

"No."

"Are you going to take part in this election?"

"No."

And then.

I exit the building.[/quote]

What episode is this epic dance from? I have to see it!

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Oy; really Fox? Really? Was that honestly the description used? I just... I can't. I just can't any more.
"The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking."
How the hell is this decent? I mean seriously?

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I find I appreciate Fox News for one reason: consistency.

No matter what happens, they're always there, always ready to give the stupidest possible spin on anything. No matter how many straws they have to grasp at, no matter how ridiculous the position to take, they're there for us, providing a steady stream of "information" that makes the rest of the world look smarter by comparison. Hats off to you, Fox. You're the object lesson we all need on how not to behave.

YCRanger

Jul 31, 2011
Wow, you guys are really edgy and smart. "I'm not voting for two corrupt corporate shell puppet candidates bought by the rich special interests running our country into the ground broken democracy rah rah badfaheklrhnswerer!!!" This viewpoint is more tiresome than most of what I hear from the right wing or the left. Don't hurt yourself by patting yourself on the back too hard.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
It's a moot point. The election results reported record attendance by younger demographics.

An interesting question to ask now is, if you're a young voter and you did vote, were you always planing on voting or did you only go to prove the Fox report wrong?

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
A channel with a revenue of $13.28 billion actually paid someone to come and say

''The idiots who can't get a date and look at the women's breasts in the games will definitely find Halo 4 more interesting than something that requires thinking'' ?

I have a girlfriend, I like Jade's tits and have finished a bloody Pharmacy University. Why don't I get paid every time I say something stupid ?

Just when I thought FOX News couldn't hit a rock-er bottom. The only way for you to be correct from their POV is to vote the one they are sinking money in.

Can anyone provide some numbers to how many people voted and what their ages were ?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
SpectacularWebHead said:
You are the quintessential newscorp emplyee,

no [I'm not employed,] I'm a student.

So, how would you know what the "quintessential News Corp "emplyee"" is like, or what it's like to work for any organisation? XD

Do you picture us as the stormtroopers from Star Wars? All exact clones or something similar?

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
You are the quintessential newscorp emplyee,

no [I'm not employed,] I'm a student.

So, how would you know what the "quintessential News Corp "emplyee"" is like, or what it's like to work for any organisation? XD

Do you picture us as the stormtroopers from Star Wars? All exact clones or something similar?
I would love to know what your response would have been if I was employed. You'd have been fucked, because you can't jump onto the "Hurr Durr, you're a student therefore can't possibly know anything about the world of work derp". And actually, the ones that were all the same where clone troopers, not stormtroopers, it's in the name. No, you are the quintessential newscorp employee, because you do what all of the papers and programmes made by newscorps does: You take a segment of an argument that suits what you want to say, you remove everything that doesn't suit you, and you make a bullshit argument based around a sentance or half a sentance. And then you go online, you complain about how your company is misunderstood, and then pull the same crap that makes everyone hate newscorp in the first place. For the viewers at home, everyone watch as resonance mcguffin-face pulls out a short quotation from this big-ass piece of text and creates a tangent as opposed to adressing the real issue, LIKE A TRUE NEWSCORP EMPLOYEE. Let us remind ourselves that original point of this argument is that you got mad that people don't like your company, I pointed out why, and then you, a what, 30 year old man, tried to character assassinate a 16 year old instead of rationally arguing my points. You're not even doing a great job. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

simple64

Sep 14, 2011
YCRanger said:
Wow, you guys are really edgy and smart. "I'm not voting for two corrupt corporate shell puppet candidates bought by the rich special interests running our country into the ground broken democracy rah rah badfaheklrhnswerer!!!" This viewpoint is more tiresome than most of what I hear from the right wing or the left. Don't hurt yourself by patting yourself on the back too hard.
Other than the extremes from the left and right, this seems to be the only other one. So, what is the stance that you suggest people take? Would the extreme left and right sound better to you? That sounds less "tiresome" to you?

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Diablo1099 said:
Personally, I kinda hope more gamers get out and vote because I've been watching the election, Ain't no good gonna come from Mittens in the White House and the GOP in power.
I know I may be necro-ing this thread, and I apologize in advance, but... Mittens.

It's so simple, yet so genius. Part of me almost wishes he'd won the election just so I could call him President Mittens. Then the rest of me slaps the other part that wishes he'd won. As you said, Mittens + White house = bad.