Fox News Takes Aim at "Offensive" Duke Nukem Forever

TroubleMaker411

Jan 18, 2011
Holy Crap!

I thought this was a family friendly game, i invited all my little nieces and nephews over to play it.
Thanks FOX news for setting me straight.
Idiots!

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
But Fox could never relealise that it could be a parody! That would require using commen sense and logic to figure out.

sigma2

Nov 18, 2009
The article also brings in an expert from the Women's Media Center that says Duke Nukem Forever "is even more offensive" than 1996's Duke Nukem 3D (has she actually played Duke Nukem's shooter debut?), and that the game's "depictions of women are extremely harmful, especially to young women."

And yet there is absolutely nothing on Twilight?

Why Faux News? Why?!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
LightspeedJack said:
Keep it coming Fox, this is just free advertising.
Fox News is like Youtube for the Gaming Industry, the more they discuss it the more people know about it. Except that they don't get more people on their point of view >.>

Anyway, it'd be hilarious if Duke Nukem made a reply to Fox News. Now that'd be interesting.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
Ah Fox News... continuing the fear-mongering for their target audience, and the cheap laughs for those outside it. Gotta love 'em.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Fox News is run by very smart people. The know their audience and spin their stories accordingly. In fact, I would say it was rather sloppy of them to catch up this late.
I was about to say the same thing. Supply and demand, idiocy and idiots.

Airhead

May 8, 2008
Duke Nukem = over-the-top sexism meant as a joke
Fox News' Bil O'Reilly = actual sexism

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
After the failure that was Crysis 2 I'm starting to have doubts about DNF. Who's to say it won't copy Call of Duty like Crysis 2 did? I'm hoping it's going to be an amazingly silly and over the top shooter with an even more over the top multiplayer that stays at least partially true to it's platform, the PC(aka, don't fucking port it). Knowing the state of the industry today however...

It would be funny if it never came out though.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
No one saw this coming... Well my friend didn't. (I won 5 euros in a bet)
Oh well this will be another box office success and then Fox calls someone on air to say that violent video-games turn people rapist/gay/violent/terrorist/democrat/lazy/drug user/sexist/horrible person in general.

Btw' about sexism. How can games turn people sexist if the female player base is increasing all the time and the amount of gamers that want to welcome women to games is increasing all the time... So when we accept women to our community, we are being sexist? Because that mean we don't believe women can handle being in their own comm...? wtf? Basically: anything I do, anywhere, in favor of any side - I will always be sexist?..

nvm...

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
With all of the sexist commentary while covering their own Sarah Palin, I'm not too surprised that they attacked a tech venture that they had no control over. For biased news, this is "low hanging fruit." Obvious and easy to pick on...YEARS after the first Duke came out.

Right wing hilarity...

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
Is it sexist? Of course it is. But it is also really sophmoric and impossible of being taken seriously. All is needed is some perspective from Fox's part.
Modern media? Perspective? I'm... I'm confused.

Sebster 105 said:
I also liked how they dismissed Bulletstorm as making you a rapist even though that's taking the piss as well
But Bulletstorm scares your dick off D:

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Fox news not doing any research? Taking quotes out of context? Spouting nonsense and rumours and acting like a game is gone to ruin the world?

Shock! Gasp! My world is now upside down!

(sarcasam detector explodes)