Fox Prolonging Running Wilde's Death Knell

Aug 25, 2009
Good old ridiculous FOX. Clearly not remembering that some of the most popular shows ever (Seinfeld, Friends) had poor ratings for one season, then dramatically picked up in the second season onward.

Maybe if you actually let any shows find their sea legs you'd experience the sort of massive success you're after.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
"Raising Hope", and subsequently "My Name is Earl", are two of the most hilarious and well-directed comedy TV-shows ever. Thank you, Garcia, for giving us these masterpieces.

As for "Running Wilde", I really don't watch it so I don't mind if it gets canceled or not..

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
13lackfriday said:
Poor Christian Slater.

Every show he touches dies, no matter how tight the plot is and solid his acting.

They should just bring back My Own Worst Enemy, and run it for all the seasons Fox's cheated him out of.

That was a great fucking show: interesting premise, tightly scripted espionage/action sequences, and a great acting cast.

I lost faith in good shows making the Fox cut when that show died.
Wasn't My Own Worst Enemy aired on NBC?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Never even heard of it...

You need to market properly, Fox. Had I heard of it, I would totally have watched it.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
On the one hand, I hate Running Wilde (and Arrested Development...not Archer though, which is incredible) but on the other, I'm inclined to feel sympathetic to shows being cancelled by Fox after Firefly.
And Futurama
And Dollhouse

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
dt61 said:
13lackfriday said:
Poor Christian Slater.

Every show he touches dies, no matter how tight the plot is and solid his acting.

They should just bring back My Own Worst Enemy, and run it for all the seasons Fox's cheated him out of.

That was a great fucking show: interesting premise, tightly scripted espionage/action sequences, and a great acting cast.

I lost faith in good shows making the Fox cut when that show died.
Wasn't My Own Worst Enemy aired on NBC?
Well, somebody owes me 5 seasons of that show!

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
I never caught it, but the premise seemed to cool and it was off TV before I got a chance to watch it. Slater is awesome in True Romance, one of my favorite movies.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I heard Peter Serafinowicz was in it, caught my attention. Watched the promotional videos (Which you'd expect to contain the funnier clips) and didn't laugh once. ¬_¬

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
zelda2fanboy said:
This show is fantastic. I dread the day when someone comes up to me and asks me if I watch it, years after it has been canceled. "Hey do you watch Arrested Development?" "Well, I WATCHED it." The same thing happened with Family Guy. I saw every episode of the first three seasons and then after it was canceled, I had to hear about how great it was and that I should watch it. Then they brought it back and it is horrible and I still have to listen to people talk about how great it is and how much better it is than The Simpsons (it's so not), even though they only watch the reruns. Complain all you want, new Simpsons SLAYS new Family Guy.
American Dad slays Family Guy and New Simpsons.

Green Tentacle

Apr 9, 2009
It's not big of a surprise that a Mitch Hurwitz show gets canceled.

Does anyone even remember Brothers from him?

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
This ties in well with the Canadian Invasion meeting we held last week. We decided that when the time comes, Nathon Fillion and Will Arnett are the only ones allowed to kill the board at Fox. They've earned it.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Somethingfake said:
Or you know, Fox could bring back a certain extremely popular sci-fi western?
You mean the one that got poor ratings while it was on? Then, because the fans were so vocal, managed to get a movie made which was supposed to vindicate Whedon and show how much potential the franchise had? That then barely managed to make it's budget back?