Fox Threatens Simpsons Cast: Take Pay Cut or Die!

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
Akalabeth said:
lee1287 said:
if someone offered me £4m to do voice overs, you think id turn it down? Ha ha. Theyll take the contract. anyone would,
If you were making 20 bucks an hour and your boss asked you if he could cut your wage to 11 bucks an hour would you do it?
11 pound an hour or be jobless? What would you take?

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
The show hasn't been funny for about 10 seasons. Seriously, I looked at the episodes of the upcoming DVD release of season 13 and I remember liking thten. But then I looked at season 14 episodes and I either can't remember them or remember them being point the show fell and hasn't gotten close to getting back up. It really should really just end.

I hope the do end it respectfully, and not just being forced to leave it hanging by having it get cancelled.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
The best thing about The Simpsons is it's much more consistent than its successors. The episodes are pretty much all good with very few bad ones. Family Guy on the other hand varies much more wildly. The good episodes are great, awesome, often better than anything Simpsons has to offer, but on the flip side the "average" episodes are meh and the bad episodes are absolute garbage.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
I have a hard time beliveing a pay cut is necessary. This show makes millions. I think they're bluffing, they are just trying to give a good reason to stop paying these guys as much as they've always earned.

I'll be honest, I think they're overpaid. Millions of dollars a year for talking into a microphone for a few hours a week (I'm guessing). Come on! The same thing can be said for 70% of Hollywood, particularly the big name actors and directors, and 100% of pro sports.

But in this case, if they demand that kind of salary, and the producers can afford it, they should get it. Primarily because these people can't be replaced. If the cost of the show outpaces the profits, it's unsustainable, and it should probably be cancelled. But I don't believe that's the case.

I'd miss the Simpsons if it were cancelled, but it had a good run. If it does get cancelled, are they going to make another movie?