FPS Warriors Bundle: Dinosaurs, Legends and Crazy Men From Space

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
FPS Warriors Bundle: Dinosaurs, Legends and Crazy Men From Space

The FPS Warriors Bundle from Bundle Stars is a collection of six not-entirely-terrible shooters for just three bucks.

I'm not going to pretend that the games in the FPS Warriors Bundle are the best shooters ever. They're not. I think Section 8 was underrated and Legendary struck me as potentially cool when it launched, but let's be honest about it: There's a reason you can score all six of these games for less than a fiver.

What ultimately sold me on it was the trailer for Dino D-Day, "a frantic first-person shooter about Nazi dinosaurs." The Metacritic score of 53 doesn't speak too highly of the game (although there's apparently been a lot of work done since its initial release) but the trailer is sheer genius. Strapping tank turrets on the backs of dinosaurs? Dialog like "Let me tell you something, Fritz - my buddies and I aren't going to sit on our hands while you make freedom extinct?" Brilliant!

The FPS Warriors Bundle also includes The Ship: Complete Pack, which looks pretty terrible; Shattered Horizons, the shooter-in-space from the Futuremark guys; and Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition, which includes the Map Pack and Second Strike DLC. None of these games are going to make anyone forget about Titanfall, but three bucks, six games, all redeemable on Steam - and dinosaur panzers! Hey, it's not the worst way to waste your money.

Source: Bundle Stars [http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fps-warriors-bundle/]

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dude! DINOPANZERS!

I don't know how you could not want some of that.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Wow, section 8 is being dragged down by all of these. The ship isn't even extremely terrible but this is not a good collection of titles to be put alongside each other.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That trailer is the best you will be getting out of Dino D-day because the game is awful.

The top tomato on the list is Section 8 which is essentially Halo for PC, and I do not mean one of those awful ports, this was well crafted (but you obviously need to be a fan of Halo design).
Second in class I'd say is Shattered Horizon, this is a well made multiplayer space station FPS with the physics just complex enough to give the proper space feel, so a bit like the CoD space mission except good. But while the setting and movement are novel everything else sadly came from your random MMS.
Third on the board would probably be The Ship, it is a cruise ship assassin simulator essentially and about 100x Ass Creed MP, but it's a great concept done very poorly so do expect sharp edges.

After that it's not much to talk about, Sniper is a game that badly represents sniping, Legendary is someones poor attempt at Skyrim with guns(not even a joke this time), and Dino D is a cheap CS mod they want money for.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Mr.K. said:
That trailer is the best you will be getting out of Dino D-day because the game is awful.

The top tomato on the list is Section 8 which is essentially Halo for PC, and I do not mean one of those awful ports, this was well crafted (but you obviously need to be a fan of Halo design).
Second in class I'd say is Shattered Horizon, this is a well made multiplayer space station FPS with the physics just complex enough to give the proper space feel, so a bit like the CoD space mission except good. But while the setting and movement are novel everything else sadly came from your random MMS.
Third on the board would probably be The Ship, it is a cruise ship assassin simulator essentially and about 100x Ass Creed MP, but it's a great concept done very poorly so do expect sharp edges.

After that it's not much to talk about, Sniper is a game that badly represents sniping, Legendary is someones poor attempt at Skyrim with guns(not even a joke this time), and Dino D is a cheap CS mod they want money for.
Im with him, they are not bad games for that price (Section 8 while generic is a very well designed game, the dynamic objectives and AI bots really are a nice bonus).

Shattered Horizon also has bots so even if the multiplayer is dead you can still play a somewhat innovative multiplayer shooter.

The Ship can be fun if you play it with friends, its a very unique game for a very unique taste but that doesnt make it bad.

The others just really miss their mark.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Triceratops with a tank turret...

My god, i don;t care how bad it is, give me it. Now.