France Talks - Ichi the Killer

France Mikalas

Mar 10, 2013
Hello, I recently decided that in my spare time, I would make little video "reviews"[sup/]*[/sup] of some of my favorite Asian films. I've never done anything like this before(It Shows), so all feedback, negative and possitive, is welcome.

*[small/]I don't know if I would call them reviews, more like observations I suppose.[/small]

ItsNotRudy

Mar 11, 2013
You're asking the viewers too many questions and you're talking about your friends. It doesn't feel like you're reviewing much rather than making smalltalk about the movie. The scenes focused on you don't really add anything either. Show footage and highlight with a voice-over.

France Mikalas

Mar 10, 2013
ItsNotRudy said:
You're asking the viewers too many questions and you're talking about your friends. It doesn't feel like you're reviewing much rather than making smalltalk about the movie. The scenes focused on you don't really add anything either. Show footage and highlight with a voice-over.
Thanks for the feedback friend, I look back at this review now and think, "What was I thinking?", but I'll keep it as a reminder of what not to do in the future. Cheers.

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
Yeah, don't cut to yourself. And definitely don't cut to yourself acting bored. And be more economical with your time; I gave up on the rambling hypothetical by 2:30 and just skipped ahead to the next place I saw movie footage.

It's been a long time since I last saw the movie, but a lot of your minor nitpicks come off as... well, kinda dumb. If you want to talk about a semi-obscure film, rather than go on about "Hey, what's the deal with all this stuff?" you should probably actually look up all that stuff and explain it to the viewer.

For an Escapist comparison, imagine if Movie Bob didn't actually know anything about comic books or movies and instead spent the entirety of his show talking about how something was strange and there was probably a really interesting explanation for it but he didn't know it. That's kinda what your review was. Except with a lot more looking at you being bored.

France Mikalas

Mar 10, 2013
The Crotch said:
rather than go on about "Hey, what's the deal with all this stuff?" you should probably actually look up all that stuff and explain it to the viewer.
I will definitely do that from now on, Thank you for the input!

Simon Pettersson

Apr 4, 2010
I love Tadanobu Asano, Ichi the killer is my second most loved film with him.
Funky Forest is of course the most loved. Only thing that bothers me is that I never remember his name, always have to search for it on IMDB.