Franchise reboots you'd like to see

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Oh damn I want a really well-handled remake/reboot of Future Cop L.A.P.D from back on the PS1.

If anyone hasn't seen it before, go check it out on youtube, it's fucking boss.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Resident evil needs a reboot so bad. The story is pretty terrible at this point and capcom keeps on adding things to the convoluted pile. If RE6 capped off the current continuity and a REboot was announced I would soil myself in happiness.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
GZGoten said:
only 2 I can think of

1.Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
2.Brave Fencer Musashi
Brave Fencer Musashi was such a ridiculously awesome game. The goofy names and puns made it all the better. Also Col. Capricola was voiced by Steve Blum. Bitches love Steve Blum

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
How about a fresh restart for franchises that shot themselves in the foot over & over again?

Bubsy Bobcat, but with conditions:

*Only for flash-based 2D platformer games.
*Bubsy is not allowed to talk, ever. His voice has been horrible in every possible incarnation & he always says stupid things & never shuts up.
*The background music is not allowed to be mediocre or annoying as all f**k.
*Future games need to be more like BB2 & nothing like BB3D.

Sablestick

Jul 18, 2011
Dungeon keeper and Mech Commander(Mech warrior, except you control a squad instead of one mech, number 2 was really fun)

Rylot

May 14, 2010
him over there said:
I could go with another Conker the squirrel title, that or Kameo. Why doesn't anybody love Kamoe?
Cool people love Kameo. I'd love to see that.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
That's weird I was just thinking earlier today how they should reboot/resurrect the Amped series. Amped 3 was one of the first games I ever got on 360 and I loved it. SSX has gotten a reboot after being away for a while, so why not Amped as well?

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
erttheking said:
I wouldn't mind another banjo kazooie game...a PROPER banjo kazooie game.
Ah you damn ninja you.

But yeah, Banjo-Threeie, made by Rare and Nintendo. One can dream I guess...

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
TheProfessor234 said:
Another one for Jet-Force Gemini.

For this;

Really though, I think this was one of the first third person shooters? I don't really remember. It's just good fun.
Your talking about one of my most fav games every

No its not nastalgia I PLAYED IT LIKE 5 MONTHS AGO

I still love it

OblivionSoul

Oct 19, 2009
Timesplitters for sure. Another one that comes to mind is F-zero. They haven't made a console one since 2003. (I still play GX though...)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Timesplitters, although since TSFP ended the story I guess just another "spiritual" sequel in the way that Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Timesplitters are all conected. Time travel worked great since it provided a shit load of variety so I would like to keep that theme.

Zydrate said:
As always, Timesplitters is due for another.
OblivionSoul said:
Timesplitters for sure. Another one that comes to mind is F-zero. They haven't made a console one since 2003. (I still play GX though...)
I recently bought Perfect Dark for XBLA, in case you never played it I highly recommend it. The graphics are crappy although only the scenery looks dated. It plays just like TS2, the single player has that thing that when played in a harder difficulty it adds more objectives and obstacles, there are challenges to unlock content and the variety of guns is quite nice. It can take a bit to get used to the levels since the visual style can sometimes make them look like a mess, some levels look good though like the MP level Grid.

A review
(You have to unlock the 8 slots for bots in multiplayer lol)

There are even some little details that arent in some most recent games, like unarming an enemy by shooting at his gun.

Download the demo and give it a try

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
DEADPOOL GAME. JUST DO IT.

Something over-the-top and violent, with DP being voiced by the guy who voiced him in Hulk vs. Wolverine.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Jazz Jackrabbit as a cel-shaded 3rd person shooter without any cover system.