Franchise reboots you'd like to see

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Wouldn't mind a reboot of Tenchu. More like a re-imagining. I would like to see Tenchu without the magic and gravity defying flips but with an emphasis on climbing/scaling walls & buildings and cool ninja gadgets. Idk seems cool to me.

Gearhart Ronkus

Mar 8, 2012
I would love to see reboot of Dungeon Keeper loved that game :)
Also always wanted a good Shadowrun game hasn't happened yet but I supported the new one in development with fingers crossed http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
I want to say the Shenmue series. Those games could be great with today's tech, and most likely cheaper too! Just hire some better voice talent, update the graphics a bit (not too much, otherwise you'd likely lose the ability to focus on many small elements and manipulate them, which I always thought was part of the charm). Seriously, it could be GREAT if it could ever get the funding and marketing for it!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Rangarig said:
[li] MechWarrior[/li]
I may already have months set aside for this: http://mwomercs.com/

As for what I want a reboot of? An old DOS game called Maelstrom. Open world Space strategy/diplomacy game. Yes please.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
JoshTheREfan said:
Resident evil needs a reboot so bad. The story is pretty terrible at this point and capcom keeps on adding things to the convoluted pile. If RE6 capped off the current continuity and a REboot was announced I would soil myself in happiness.
Resident Evil has always been campy zombie action flick material, from the very first game to this one. Nothing has changed except

a. better camera control
b. better combat
c. better enemies
d. better graphics
e. better dialogue

As a person who enjoys most of the RE games myself, I think you have the franchised confused with what YOU want it to be. Do I even need to link the live action opener for RE1? Good lord. Any more camp and it would start leaking out of your ears. The series has never been "HARDCORE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL HORROR" like most assume it is (why I have no idea). The first game was a third person shooter/ puzzle game if anything. I like the games, but I can't see why people are so butthurt about a game series going in a direction that it has been SINCE THE FIRST GAME.

All in all the games are fun to play. More enjoyable than most. If you don't like them fine, just stop going "OH WOE IS ME!!! RESIDENT EVIL HAS BECOME A SHADOW OF ITS FORMER SELF THAT I CANNOT BEAR TO LOOK AT!!! DRAMA!!!!!" Its quite embarrassing.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
I'd love a Shadowgate reboot, or a game set in the world of "who framed roger rabbit"
that'd be quite the awesome undertaking!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
erttheking said:
I wouldn't mind another banjo kazooie game...a PROPER banjo kazooie game.
Rylot said:
him over there said:
I could go with another Conker the squirrel title, that or Kameo. Why doesn't anybody love Kamoe?
Cool people love Kameo. I'd love to see that.
Blanket statement: Please Microsoft, let Rare make good games again. The avatar stuff was...novel...but please bring them back into the mainstream. They may be unable to do Donkey Kong but they can still do...

Banjo-Threeie
Battletoads
Conker
Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong Racing
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (I liked it)
Jet Force Gemini
Kameo
Perfect Dark

The possibilities are pretty vast. If Microsoft won't put Rare to good use maybe Nintendo could be persuaded to buy them (or try to)

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
Gearabelle said:
I feel that the first Crystal Chronicles game had a lot of potential, I think it would do well to get a nice reboot. With the technology we have now I think it could be a pretty good game if done right.
I've always wondered why the gamecube crystal chronicles never got the attention it deserved (apart from the stupid choice of having to need GBA cords to play multiplayer). The latest ones just don't hit the right spot that one did, not to mention the graphics and sound for CC were just beautiful. A reboot of that game would be wonderful ^.^

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
Enjoying the love from others in the Banjo-Kazooie club. MAKE IT PLEASE. NO VEHICLES.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
OblivionSoul said:
Timesplitters for sure. Another one that comes to mind is F-zero. They haven't made a console one since 2003. (I still play GX though...)
Timesplitters was a pretty neat series. I remember hearing rumours about another game for the franchise, but sadly that was all. I liked the settings they had and the comedy was pretty good.

As for F-Zero, Why was there no F-Zero for the Wii?! This was one of the best racing games for the GameCube, so adrenaline pumping and thrilling. While some of the story missions were frustrating (which made my day when i finally beat them in what i call Super Meat Boy syndrome), I loved the fast paced races and had fun in eliminating 29 bots, 1 at a time >:)
A reboot of F-Zero would be fantastic :)

PeaceRider

Oct 17, 2011
Megman!
the Blue Bomber deserves why more respect then what Capcom has been showing for the robotic hero lately. :(

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
I remember playing a pretty fun tank action game called "Recoil". I found my old CD of the game (made me quite nostalgic ^_^) but unfortunately doesn't work on Windows 7. It would be awesome if there was a new game to the series or a remake of it for Windows 7.

Aug 20, 2011
Wayneguard said:
Wouldn't mind a reboot of Tenchu. More like a re-imagining. I would like to see Tenchu without the magic and gravity defying flips but with an emphasis on climbing/scaling walls & buildings and cool ninja gadgets. Idk seems cool to me.
Dude, yes. Especially now that From has made some cash of Demon's/Dark Souls. I liked Tenchu Z okay, but it felt cheap as hell with all the recycling of textures, jagged animations, throwaway plot, and general wonkiness. If they can make a Tenchu that has the same level of technical quality as Dark Souls my brain will explode.

To everyone talking about Rare and/or future Timesplitters projects: Rare is garbage nowadays :( They haven't made a good, or hell, even a decent game since Nintendo sold them. A decade ago. And Free Radical is dissolved, I believe, so I don't know who would make TS.

I'd love to see a new Alpha Centauri - my favorite strategy game of all time.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Destruction Derby but make it an open world gangland sandbox type game.

Kessen wouldn't go amiss either.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Battlezone
I don't understand why there is no love for FPS/RTS games amongst gamers and developers
How it should look like? Like mixing Battlefield2142 with Nuclear Down.