Free Halloween-Themed Texture Pack Hits Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Free Halloween-Themed Texture Pack Hits Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

4J Studios' Halloween-themed texture pack will finally give Minecraft-loving psychopaths the tools they've always wanted.

Just one week after releasing the "Minecraft Natural Texture Pack [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Minecraft-Natural-Texture-Pack/ca69e240-7f44-4cfc-afbe-3168d0a50909]," the folks at 4J Studios are at it again. But this time Minecraft is getting the Halloween treatment.

Starting today, Xbox 360 owners can download a free, Halloween-themed texture pack that should turn Minecraft into one of those not-so-scary Halloween hayrides. Unfortunately, if you purchased the game on any platform besides the Xbox, you will be unable to attend this particular Halloween party.

"It's the scariest night of the year," reads the game's description, "but that's not to say we can't have a lot of fun! Get this celebration texture pack to give your Minecraft worlds a spooky look. Happy Halloween!"

The pack will give players access to a decidedly darker set of textures-complete with ghost creepers and jack-o'-lanterns. It's not the kind of thing that'll genuinely scare anyone, but it does have a charming, Nightmare Before Christmas kind of creepiness.

The package will only be available until November the 3rd, so you may want to grab it before you eat a pillowcase full of candy and forget.

Source: Xbox Marketplace [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Minecraft-Natural-Texture-Pack/ca69e240-7f44-4cfc-afbe-3168d0a50909]

Ninja_Bob117

May 7, 2013
Arr so cute giving the little Xbox munchlings a texture pack but PC all ready got two :p
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/the-asphyxious-custompack-16x16/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/scaramandos-halloween-realism-64x-172/

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Absolutionis said:
It's so weird that they have to specify that this texture pack is "free".
sad is more like it.

Honestly, with zombies, skeletons, giant spiders, witches, whatever endermen are, and even jack-o-lanterns already in the game it's hard to see why Minecraft would need a special Halloween pack.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
This feeling right here. This sense of smug superiority. It makes me so happy I switched to PC gaming. It's so nice to finally be on this side of the fence.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Minecraft is literally the only game that I would consider getting a gaming PC. I'm not even joking here. My laptop is not good enough to play it, but the 360 version was awesome.

But then I saw a "Feed the Beast" let's play on YouTube, and man - I'm really craving for a good rig. And it's obvious that only a PC can play that game.

Although, I really hope I don't mutate into a condescending asshole once I get a good PC.

Vivid Kazumi

Jan 7, 2012
SKBPinkie said:
Minecraft is literally the only game that I would consider getting a gaming PC. I'm not even joking here. My laptop is not good enough to play it, but the 360 version was awesome.

But then I saw a "Feed the Beast" let's play on YouTube, and man - I'm really craving for a good rig. And it's obvious that only a PC can play that game.

Although, I really hope I don't mutate into a condescending asshole once I get a good PC.
obviously you just skipped first comments on this post...

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
SKBPinkie said:

Well... with steam machines coming out soon, and as long as the price is right, I'd recommend it.
Oh, you get a lot of assholes on all gaming machines, just different types.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Sizzle Montyjing said:
SKBPinkie said:

Well... with steam machines coming out soon, and as long as the price is right, I'd recommend it.
Oh, you get a lot of assholes on all gaming machines, just different types.
Honestly, I've been on various gaming forums for over a decade, and the number of PC elitists far, far outweighs the number of console fanboys. It's not even remotely close, in my experience.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
SKBPinkie said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Honestly, I've been on various gaming forums for over a decade, and the number of PC elitists far, far outweighs the number of console fanboys. It's not even remotely close, in my experience.
Half of it is people joking around, but sometimes it's a little hard not to be, when people get all hyped about features the PC has had for years etc etc.
But really, nobody is gonna rag on you for anything. However, I will say that I see a LOT of dumb console fanboys, afterall, more people play on consoles, thus higher number of idiots.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
A free texture pack? That's cute.

/master race

SKBPinkie said:
*snort* Hyuk hyuk. False hope is funny.