Free Radical isn't closed but they might as well be - 75% of staff FIRED!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I'm sad Haze sucked. It had the potential to be a great, great game that touched on the issues of the Military Industrial corporation, the concept of freedom, and pyschoactive drugs.

Instead it was stupid. Oh well...

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Shit! I was really looking forward to Timesplitters 4!
Also, shouldn't you have posted this in the news section? You would've gotten a nifty badge!
I thought I need a shiny gold SN to do that.
Yeah, my mistake, SHK gave me a heads up about that, sorry.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
I believe we will see a Timesplitters 4 and Battlefront 3 but, they will be picked by different companies; those games are to epic to be forgotten about.

Social Pariah

Nov 23, 2007
Can't say I'm particularly devastated either way, unlees Time Splitters would have come out for the PC, which I doubt greatly.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
nathan-dts said:
Vlane said:
I don't like Haze or Timesplitters but that's not a nice christmas present.
Let me get this straight; YOU DON'T LIKE TIMESPLITTERS?!
Yes. It's just another FPS for me. I have already played more than enough.

GeeDave

Oct 10, 2007
SAccharing10 said:
I think VALVe doesn't have that many employees yet we see incredible game after game, but the system inwhich the games are developed are unlike any other - nobody has a specific job, everybody contributes to something in their own way and everybody is in a discussion about each part of the game, which is gametested endlessly until release - if more companies did this type of development we'd see less shitty games hitting the market.
Yes this is exactly right, I forget how many people on average work at Valve but they're certainly not a "large" company in relation to the amount of devs working there. I'm all for the smaller and more focused games companies because there's less seperation that way, I've seen some studios that grew so large that it couldn't help but force everyone into their own little groups which sliced communication ten fold.

Where I work, while there obviously is a hierarchy of responsiblity/management, it's not made evident, I won't go into details but suffice to say we all work on the same floor and it keeps everything friendly, there's no sense of that "boss man" sitting in an office by himself giving orders to his groups of minions, we're all one and the same and it really keeps things moving, if an artist needs to speak to a programmer or vice versa, chances are they'll be a few desks apart from each other anyway. I haven't been working their long and I'm one of their newest devs, but I don't feel like it! It's a great atmosphere to work in and I whole heartedly agree with "that" way for games studios to operate.

GeeDave

Oct 10, 2007
Zeke109 said:
I don't think that with only 40 people, it can count as a corporation.
You're saying 45 is a bad number then?

... out of curiosity, have you read any of the replies in this thread?

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Vlane said:
nathan-dts said:
Vlane said:
I don't like Haze or Timesplitters but that's not a nice christmas present.
Let me get this straight; YOU DON'T LIKE TIMESPLITTERS?!
Yes. It's just another FPS for me. I have already played more than enough.
Personally I love the Timesplitters franchise; it really feels a lot different from todays FPS games as well as some amusing sections. Oh and yeah it has MONKEYS!!!