Free to play ESO worth playing?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
I played Elder Scrolls Online during the beta and thought it was very okay but not worth a subscription. Now that the monthly fee is gone, is the game worth buying?

WhiteWalker

Mar 25, 2015
I've played it the first few months and I've enjoyed it very much. Then I got busy with other things such as college so I didn't renew my subscription. Also partially because none of my close friends were playing the game which made it somewhat less fun.

That said I'm planning to continue. Already got the game reinstalled.

Gray-Philosophy

Sep 19, 2014
I've been playing it for a while and fairly enjoy it. If you expect an oblivion/skyrim game which happens to be multiplayer, you may be disappointed. But as an MMO it works pretty well, plenty of stuff to do, collectibles to find, things to explore and enemies to kill.

I found it wasn't worth the subscribtion either after playing it the first couple of months after release, I felt too compelled to play it with a very limited time schedule because of the money I had to put into it.
Now however, as a free to play game, I very much enjoy being able to play at my leisure. They do have a cash shop, but so far it looks like it has some pretty reasonable things in there for fair prices.