Freebie Info - Anno 1404 [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today, for you:

Anno 1404

Anno 1404 can be gotten for free until December 14th at 03:00 PM (your local time). To nab it, use the link provided above, click the Ubisoft Connect PC button. If you weren't already logged into your Ubisoft account, you'll be prompted to do so. Once that is done, you should get a confirmation that the games will be added to your Ubisoft library. Don't fret if it doesn't show up in your library immediately, Ubisoft giveaways tend to take a bit before they show up. You can alternatively also try "buying" it through the webstore, or directly in the Ubisoft launcher.
Relive the captivating gameplay of a true city-building classic with Anno® 1404 History Edition.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Curious about this one, as long as Ewwbisoft plays nice with Ewwplay.

Might as well add it since I already have an account. Thanks Chimpzy!

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Aren't these Anno games incredibly and insanely complex?
I'd say medium in complexity, a bit simpler than factorio lets say, more complex than banished.

They work by tiering up citizen. You start with lowly peasant and if they have enough food they become citizen, which let them do more complex job but then they start asking for more resource (cloth, beer, etc) to tier up and so on and so forth. You eventually have to trade or establish other cities to obtain more exotic resource.

They usually don't have much pressure on the player, so you can play at your pace.

I can't comment on 1404, because yuck Uplay, but 1404/dawn of discovery and 2070 were great.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'd say medium in complexity, a bit simpler than factorio lets say, more complex than banished.

They work by tiering up citizen. You start with lowly peasant and if they have enough food they become citizen, which let them do more complex job but then they start asking for more resource (cloth, beer, etc) to tier up and so on and so forth. You eventually have to trade or establish other cities to obtain more exotic resource.

They usually don't have much pressure on the player, so you can play at your pace.

I can't comment on 1404, because yuck Uplay, but 1404/dawn of discovery and 2070 were great.
2070 broke my brain, I couldn't even figure out how to control anything.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
2070 broke my brain, I couldn't even figure out how to control anything.
You don't really control anything, all you can do is place building. Eventually you can ships and stuff that you can directly control, but that's later.

There's some weird stuff that it takes a bit of getting used to, like people don't actually need to be able to physically reach they're job building.