Freebie Info - Elite Dangerous & The World Next Door [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today, for you:

Elite Dangerous & The World Next Door

Elite Dangerous & The World Next Door will be free at Epic Games Store until November 26th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Elite Dangerous is the definitive massively multiplayer space epic, bringing gaming’s original open world adventure to the modern generation with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entirety of the Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions.

Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, players do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to survive in a futuristic cutthroat galaxy and to stand among the ranks of the iconic Elite. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and handcrafted evolving narrative. Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
A mix of lightning-fast puzzle battles, powerful storytelling, and immersive visual novel elements, The World Next Door follows Jun, a rebellious teen trapped in a parallel realm inhabited by magical creatures, who must find her way home before time runs out.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Next week's slated freebies on the Epic Store are Mud Runner starting November 26th.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Today, for you:

Elite Dangerous & The World Next Door

Elite Dangerous & The World Next Door will be free at Epic Games Store until November 26th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Elite Dangerous is the definitive massively multiplayer space epic, bringing gaming’s original open world adventure to the modern generation with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entirety of the Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions.

Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, players do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to survive in a futuristic cutthroat galaxy and to stand among the ranks of the iconic Elite. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and handcrafted evolving narrative. Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
A mix of lightning-fast puzzle battles, powerful storytelling, and immersive visual novel elements, The World Next Door follows Jun, a rebellious teen trapped in a parallel realm inhabited by magical creatures, who must find her way home before time runs out.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Next week's slated freebies on the Epic Store are Mud Runner starting November 26th.
Eww Mudrunner. See my worst goty list for the verdict on its sequel. But free is free i guess

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
To anyone thinking about Elite Dangerous, its definitely worth it even without the Horizons DLC. The DLC adds a little bit of stuff including planetary approach and a few things that require it, but honestly it won't make or break the game for you. If you enjoy the base gameplay then its worth looking into, but if you don't then the dlc (current or future) isn't gonna make the game for you.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
To anyone thinking about Elite Dangerous, its definitely worth it even without the Horizons DLC. The DLC adds a little bit of stuff including planetary approach and a few things that require it, but honestly it won't make or break the game for you. If you enjoy the base gameplay then its worth looking into, but if you don't then the dlc (current or future) isn't gonna make the game for you.
Downloading Elite Dangerous now. Looking forward to checking it out soon. Thanks!

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I downloaded both, I'll give them a try this weekend. I know I'll love Elite Dangerous, that kind of thing is my jam and I'm surprised I haven't played it yet actually. But I'm more interested in checking out The World Next Door. The description doesn't even really hint at what kind of experience I'm in for... puzzles, story, and visual novel. So Telltale + Tetris + (... damn, need a vn that starts with T. Checks Wikipedia to finish alliteration...) The World Next Door (wait... dammit.) Anyway, should be fun. I'll check back in tomorrow or so and let you know. That is if I don't get completely wrapped up in it or Elite Dangerous.

*edit*
Ok, its a day later. I've played through a decent amount of The World Next Door. The story, fine... kind of. Pretty standard "power of friendship" stuff going on. A "monsters are just like people too" added to "mirror magic universe" setting. Very cliche and tropey, but not actively offensive or terrible by any means either. Some decent animation and character design. Gameplay... kind of a letdown sadly. An "action match 3" where you control a character running around on a match 3 board while dodging enemies and their attacks. Its a little more involved than your average match 3, you can summon allies with specific patterns, create special symbols with larger matches, activating a match next to where a previous match was activated makes it's effect double in power... that sort of thing.

Conclusion, I don't know that I would have payed money for it. But its a fine diversion for a short while if you pick it up while its free.

Last edited: