Freebie Info - Frostpunk [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today, for you:

Frostpunk

Frostpunk will be free at Epic Games Store until June 10th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Games Store.
Frostpunk is the first society survival game. As the ruler of the last city on Earth, you have to manage its infrastructure and people to ensure your society's survival. What will you do when pushed to breaking point? Who will you become in the process?
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Next week's freebies at the Epic Game Store will be another mystery game starting June 10th.

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I never realized that game was by the This War of Mine developer. Anyway, I nabbed it.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This looks like one of those games that’d make me wish I didn’t have a backlog of any significance. Will pick it up anyways for a rainy frosty day.

Thank you kindly!

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I bought it a while back as a strategy game to help me unwind. Had the opposite effect and stressed me the fuck out.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I bought it a while back as a strategy game to help me unwind. Had the opposite effect and stressed me the fuck out.
Yeah, it's a very fun game, if you like city building/survival style settings, but it's not a chill and relax kind of game. You are constantly having to plan on where to expand and upgrade, as the ever looming Big Freeze comes.

Still, super fun game if you like trying to manage a population in a harsh environment, and see if you can help them survive it. I enjoyed the hell out of it when it came out.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Not sure if you tried it but apparently there’s a mode called “Serenity” where you can just focus on city building without the management stressors.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Not sure if you tried it but apparently there’s a mode called “Serenity” where you can just focus on city building without the management stressors.
That was probably added after they played. I know that wasn't around when I first played it.