Freebie Info - Grand Theft Auto V [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Well, the mystery giveaway for this week has been revealed. It's GTAV. I'm assuming caused Epic's servers to get bumrushed something fierce, cuz everything is down, both the store website, the launcher and by extension any software dependent on either, including games. I've already made the thread just for a placeholder, will update once things are fixed. So until Epic gets its act together, this will have to do:

UPDATE: Well, whatever issue there was seems resolved. Also, they have a sale going on. So, today, for you:

Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto V will be free at Epic Games Store until May 21st at 5PM (your local time).
As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher.
Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library.
Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition
The Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition includes the complete Grand Theft Auto V story experience, free access to the ever evolving Grand Theft Auto Online and all existing gameplay upgrades and content including The Doomsday Heist, Gunrunning, Smuggler’s Run, Bikers and much more. You’ll also get the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack, the fastest way to jumpstart your criminal empire in Grand Theft Auto Online.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V
When a young street hustler, a retired bank robber and a terrifying psychopath land themselves in trouble, they must pull off a series of dangerous heists to survive in a city in which they can trust nobody, least of all each other.

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE
Discover an ever-evolving world of choices and ways to play as you climb the criminal ranks of Los Santos and Blaine County in the ultimate shared Online experience.
Have a look if interested and enjoy.

Next week's freebie on the Epic Store will is another mystery game starting May 21st.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Thanks! Just got it. I've had it on Steam for some time now, but, heck. Good to have it here too. (and the PS3 version on disc!)
My nephew, for instance, has burned through multiple discs and had to rebuy it many times.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Thanks! Just got it. I've had it on Steam for some time now, but, heck. Good to have it here too. (and the PS3 version on disc!)
My nephew, for instance, has burned through multiple discs and had to rebuy it many times.
Not sure what to make of this...do you mean he played it so much he physically wore the discs out, or damaged them by multiple instances of improper handling and/or removal/insertion technique?

On topic I might actually pick this up just to see how nice it looks since last gen, as if I really need another Rockstar game sitting idle on my drive. Still haven’t had a chance to boot up RDR2 which I paid full price for. I’d really only play the PC version for photography though, since I’ve already put in several solid days on and offline with the PS4 version.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Not sure what to make of this...do you mean he played it so much he physically wore the discs out, or damaged them by multiple instances of improper handling and/or removal/insertion technique?

On topic I might actually pick this up just to see how nice it looks since last gen, as if I really need another Rockstar game sitting idle on my drive. Still haven’t had a chance to boot up RDR2 which I paid full price for. I’d really only play the PC version for photography though, since I’ve already put in several solid days on and offline with the PS4 version.
This also has DLC my Steam did not include. I think. Hard to tell with the new client what one owns.

My nephew no doubt man handled the crap out of the discs while playing the ever loving heck out of them. Whatever happened, he wrecked them repeatedly while playing them so he kept re buying the game for the Xbox 360. I gave him a gaming PC so, hopefully if he still wants to play this he'll get the Epic app and this game for free. I sent him a message on it.

Last week or so it was Just Cause 4. Epic is keeping me busy.