Freebie Info - Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Just posting this ahead of time, but starting April 19th, for you:

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is going to be free on the Playstation Store from April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST and May 14 8:00pm Pacific Time / May 15 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST. The only real requirement to nab it is having a Playstation account, so you can get it through the link above, or through the store on console. If neither of those are available to you, the Playstation app on Android will also do the trick.

Inb4 anyone asks, no, this doesn't apply to the PC version of the game. Just console.
In an era where Machines roam the land and mankind is no longer the dominant species, a young hunter named Aloy embarks on a journey to discover her destiny.

In a lush, post-apocalyptic world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization, pockets of humanity live on in primitive hunter-gatherer tribes. Their dominion over the new wilderness has been usurped by the Machines – fearsome mechanical creatures of unknown origin.
Have a look if interested and enjoy. Fyi, there are currently also another 9 games available for free like this, including Subnautica, Abzu, The Witness, etc....

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenixmgs

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Doh. Bought it digital already. Came with a nice PS4 desktop theme.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Guess I'm reselling my just bought physical copy. I didn't know the freebie was the complete edition, that's neat.
Same thing, I bought the complete edition awhile back and never played through it so I can download this and sell my copy on eBay. I wanted to replay the whole game on the new hardest difficulty but I also just kinda want to play through the DLC.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Already own the complete edition but I'm fine having a free backup copy

LIke half the EGS freebies I have are just backups for games I already own but if Epic is paying.....

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Like I said before, this is perfect for replacing my disc-based installs. I’d like to eventually do this with all my disc-bought games. I think next they should do GoW and maybe DS2: Scholar of the First Sin.

Reactions: gorfias

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Between this and her being in fortnite (as youtube add cannot stop telling me) I wonder if they're gearing up for a sequel announcement?

FennecZephyr

Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United States
Same thing, I bought the complete edition awhile back and never played through it so I can download this and sell my copy on eBay. I wanted to replay the whole game on the new hardest difficulty but I also just kinda want to play through the DLC.
Wait, to who? Literally everyone will have a copy now.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I cannot download the free complete edition because I own the digital base edition. Anyone know a way round that?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Concept aside, I didn't really think much of the game when I first played it - but I would like to give the PC version a shot, when the game goes on a deep enough sale.

But, free is free - so I guess I will scoop this up.

Between this and her being in fortnite (as youtube add cannot stop telling me) I wonder if they're gearing up for a sequel announcement?
I honestly have no idea if this is a genuine question or not, or if I just misinterpreted your question - but a sequel was announced 10 months ago, during the PS5 console reveal event

Coming to PS4 and PS5, AFAIK

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Concept aside, I didn't really think much of the game when I first played it - but I would like to give the PC version a shot, when the game goes on a deep enough sale.

But, free is free - so I guess I will scoop this up.

I honestly have no idea if this is a genuine question or not, or if I just misinterpreted your question - but a sequel was announced 10 months ago, during the PS5 console reveal event

Coming to PS4 and PS5, AFAIK
Oh lol, completely forgot about that (or maybe I missed it?). Kinda disappointed Aloy is the MC again, she was the most boring part of the game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I cannot download the free complete edition because I own the digital base edition. Anyone know a way round that?
Try going into your playstation library and deleting the physical copy from your list.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Try going into your playstation library and deleting the physical copy from your list.
yeah did that, didn't work when deleted from the installed list. Maybe I can delete it from the all purchases section.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Oh lol, completely forgot about that (or maybe I missed it?). Kinda disappointed Aloy is the MC again, she was the most boring part of the game.
I think she suffers from a common trope in that the skeptic character, is often portrayed as being very analytical/vulcan. Because apparently entertainment developers can't imagine someone being skeptical of hoodoo and traditions, and trying to think shit out logicall...without them acting like Spock. So they tone down emotions because....honestly I have no fucking clue. It makes no sense, but it's not an unrealistic assumption...seeing as I've had multiple people seem baffled that I have emotions, and yet declare myself a skeptic/atheist. And that game is clearly setting her up as the voice of rationality in a world made stupid by religious dogma and tradition.

I mean it's clearly a direction choice, because Ashely Burch is more than capable of emoting, given some of her other most popular characters. So I think they just directed her to be really toned down for....I dunno...just...reasons.