Freebie Info - Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition [FINISHED]

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
yeah did that, didn't work when deleted from the installed list. Maybe I can delete it from the all purchases section.
If your old install is deleted, the new one should install if there’s enough space. Otherwise try restoring your game licenses

Sometimes they get hung up or not cleared out and need to be refreshed when stuff gets jumbled around or added afterwards. I usually need to do this whenever installing new DLC for it to register in-game.

Reactions: Kwak

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
If your old install is deleted, the new one should install if there’s enough space. Otherwise try restoring your game licenses

Sometimes they get hung up or not cleared out and need to be refreshed when stuff gets jumbled around or added afterwards. I usually need to do this whenever installing new DLC for it to register in-game.
Thanks, it looks like I missed the free version anyway, physical copy complete edition is pretty cheap, might just get that.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I hate that I already have it but to anyone on the fence get this game. I was going through big time open world fatigue and didn't want to touch them until I took a shot in the dark with Horizon when it first dropped.

Not only was I engaged with exploring the environments, taking in the culture and just being in the game not even doing mission just going around hunting zoids and taking out bandits. Also HZD lore is A1 and does not get discussed enough.

I will not give spoilers but there is a character in the game and I want my fellow escapist to be join on the hate train for this absolute assclown.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
If I delete the vanilla version that I have (installed with disc) and download and install the Complete Edition... Is that a new set of trophies? Do save files carry over? Or would it be a different beast entirely?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I just remembered this was a thing so I got the game but I'm busy with my run of ds2 (just got king's ring, also haven't touched any of the dlc areas yet) and in 3 days we have Nier Replicant coming out so that will be absorbing my life for the next few weeks after which I'll most likely go to DS3 so not sure when I'll get around to playing this. Honestly this is kinda the same story since forever ago and why I haven't played it yet, I always have something else I'd rather play. Here's hoping I get to it eventually.

If I delete the vanilla version that I have (installed with disc) and download and install the Complete Edition... Is that a new set of trophies? Do save files carry over? Or would it be a different beast entirely?
I believe complete edition is just like downloading the dlc onto a vanilla copy so it should keep all your stuff.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I believe complete edition is just like downloading the dlc onto a vanilla copy so it should keep all your stuff.
This might be a region thing but the save data from my vanilla disc copy is separate from the data from the digital complete edition. Loading isn't even an option in the version I just installed, meaning it doesn't recognize the original data. Too bad, wanted to do Frozen Wilds on NG+. Guess I'll leave NG+ for a third playthrough.

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
This might be a region thing but the save data from my vanilla disc copy is separate from the data from the digital complete edition. Loading isn't even an option in the version I just installed, meaning it doesn't recognize the original data. Too bad, wanted to do Frozen Grounds on NG+. Guess I'll leave NG+ for a third playthrough.
Oh yeah, region saves and dlc is all different. Do they not offer this deal on your region too?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Oh yeah, region saves and dlc is all different. Do they not offer this deal on your region too?
I got the free complete edition just fine, just won't let me use my saves from the regular edition. No biggie, was gonna play through the whole thing again anyway.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I got the free complete edition just fine, just won't let me use my saves from the regular edition. No biggie, was gonna play through the whole thing again anyway.
The saves should be transferable. They were for me with disc versions and I just installed the digital complete edition and my save was there. Copy/pasted from Guerilla's site down below but it says the saves are transferable within the same region. Maybe you need to update the OG Horizon, then save again so the save is updated to the latest version of that game.

Are save games from Horizon Zero Dawn compatible with Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition? (PLAYSTATION 4 ONLY)

Save games from Horizon Zero Dawn are compatible with Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, but only if both games are from the same region. The exception is Latin America - save games from the Latin American edition of Horizon Zero Dawn are not guaranteed to be compatible with Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition in every Latin American country.

Below is a list of title IDs for the standard edition of Horizon Zero Dawn and the corresponding compatible title ID for Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, broken down by region. You can find the title ID on the disc or on the side of the packaging; it starts with 'CUSA' followed by five numbers.

Europe:

Standard Edition: CUSA01021 > Complete Edition: CUSA10211
Standard Edition: CUSA07319 > Complete Edition: CUSA10212
Standard Edition: CUSA07320 > Complete Edition: CUSA10213

Asia:

Standard Edition: CUSA05682 (manufacturing ID: PCAS-02043, PCKS-92029, PCAS-02050, PCKS-92033) > Complete Edition: CUSA10218 (manufacturing ID: PCAS-05046 / PCKS-10029)

Japan:

Standard Edition: CUSA05661 (manufacturing ID: PCJS53022 or PCJS53019) > Complete Edition: CUSA10234 (manufacturing ID: PCJS66013)

America:

Standard Edition: CUSA01967 > Complete Edition: CUSA10237
Standard Edition: CUSA07326 > Complete Edition: CUSA10237*

(*Latin American title ID. May not work in every country.)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The saves should be transferable. They were for me with disc versions and I just installed the digital complete edition and my save was there. Copy/pasted from Guerilla's site down below but it says the saves are transferable within the same region. Maybe you need to update the OG Horizon, then save again so the save is updated to the latest version of that game.
I'd have to delete the complete edition, reinstall the disc version, update it, delete it, then redownload the digital version to check if that works, right?

The number on the case says 3002930 by the way.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I'd have to delete the complete edition, reinstall the disc version, update it, delete it, then redownload the digital version to check if that works, right?

The number on the case says 3002930 by the way.
Maybe you can run the OG disc version with the complete edition installed. Outside of region issues, that's the only thing I can think of is that the save is from an older version of the game. I've been planning on doing the same as you for awhile, doing new game+ on new highest difficulty and the DLC.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Maybe you can run the OG disc version with the complete edition installed. Outside of region issues, that's the only thing I can think of is that the save is from an older version of the game. I've been planning on doing the same as you for awhile, doing new game+ on new highest difficulty and the DLC.
Tried that and didn't work - neither version can read a save file from the other. Must be a region thing. Maybe it'll work out for you.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Tried that and didn't work - neither version can read a save file from the other. Must be a region thing. Maybe it'll work out for you.
It did for me both times OG disc to Complete Edition disc then to the digital version that I just booted up this morning. If the save didn't transfer to the digital version, I was just gonna keep using the disc version.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It did for me both times OG disc to Complete Edition disc then to the digital version that I just booted up this morning. If the save didn't transfer to the digital version, I was just gonna keep using the disc version.
Probably a Latin American thing. Wouldn't be the first time.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Probably a Latin American thing. Wouldn't be the first time.
One would think that the digital version wouldn’t be region-specific, or at most would just check the region of the DL request system/user, and match it if needed.

I had that happen with Bloodborne where my original launch disc copy save wouldn’t work on the PS+ free edition. IIRC it was an older version but once I updated, deleted physical and then installed digital the save worked. Might’ve had to restore the game license too, but that might’ve only been for the Old Hunters DLC to show up.