Freebie Info - Jurassic World Evolution [FINISHED]

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
You know, never heard of My Time at Portia, but considering my affection for crafting games, it's probably something worth nabbing.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
It is a charming little game and definitely worth the price of free
True. As I like to say: The best thing about a free game is that you always at least get your money's worth. If anything, I've got a bad habit of nabbing freebies that I know I'll never play (looking at you, Outlast...I don't have the stomach for you).

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
True. As I like to say: The best thing about a free game is that you always at least get your money's worth. If anything, I've got a bad habit of nabbing freebies that I know I'll never play (looking at you, Outlast...I don't have the stomach for you).
90% of my epicstore library is shit theyve given me for free. I might play them. I might not. Who cares?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
You know, never heard of My Time at Portia, but considering my affection for crafting games, it's probably something worth nabbing.
I played through it a year ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It reminded me of stardew valley but more biased towards being a workshop/factory focused game then a farmer(but you can farm/raise animals as well). I did like that a number of contracts you do actually visible improve the town/area as you progress, so you get some tangiable feedback for your work besides the money(ie building a bridge which unlocks a new region, building a bus system that acts as fast travel points around the map, etc).

My big gripe is that you have to do dungeon runs to progress the plot and the dungeons are kinda boring. They're not particularly hard if you have the best equipment you can get but if you were in it for the workshop stuff the dungeon crawling might feel offputting. And of course, if you'd played combat based games on a regular basis it's not gonna be that tough.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Day 11 of the Holiday giveaways. Today, for you:

Night In The Woods

Night In The Woods will be free at Epic Games Store until December 28th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Night In The Woods is an adventure game about a college dropout who comes home to the friends and the town they left behind. Break stuff, play bass, hang out, go places and discover things that aren't meant for you. Come home to Possum Springs.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Played Night in the Woods back when it first released and again when it got it's updated "Weird Autumn" edition and enjoyed it a hell of a lot both times. It's an interesting "Slice of Life" adventure game where it feels like the lack of a plot is kinda the point. Mae doesn't have direction in life(while her friends kinda do) and the contrast is the driving character arc. It also has some fun little mini-games that don't really mean anything but add some variety to the "hanging out with your friends" sections each night. It kinda reminded me of "Life is Strange" but without the time travel gimmick.

If I had to ciriticize anything, it's that when a plot does develop, it feels is weird contrast to the rest of the game, where suddenly the game turns into pseudo-lovecraft with a cult of what are essentially MAGA boomers being behind the weird stuff going on in the background and it feels oddly jarring when you realize that's what's going on. The politics that gets tossed in there with this can be off-putting to some as well.

Also, play the two related extra games "Longest Night" and "Lost constellation", since they add more worldbuilding and are interesting in their own right. And they're rather short as well.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Day 12 of the Holiday giveaways. Today, for you:

Stranded Deep

Stranded Deep will be free at Epic Games Store until December 29th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Come face to face with some of the most life threatening scenarios that will result in a different experience each time you play. Scavenge. Discover. Survive.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Day 13 of the Holiday giveaways. Today, for you:

Solitairica

Solitairica will be free at Epic Games Store until December 30th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Solitairica takes RPG combat and challenging roguelike progression to a fresh new place - the world of solitaire! Using a variety of magical items and spells, battle your way through a horde of ever-changing enemies and defeat the horrible Emperor Stuck!

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Day 13 of the Holiday giveaways. Today, for you:

Solitairica

Solitairica will be free at Epic Games Store until December 30th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Solitairica takes RPG combat and challenging roguelike progression to a fresh new place - the world of solitaire! Using a variety of magical items and spells, battle your way through a horde of ever-changing enemies and defeat the horrible Emperor Stuck!
Guess they're running out of that Fortnite money after all.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Guess they're running out of that Fortnite money after all.
That is inevitable methinks. Fortnite won't be top dog forever.

Either way, I'm guessing the last day will be something a bit more high-profile and/or recent, like last year.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That is inevitable methinks. Fortnite won't be top dog forever.

Either way, I'm guessing the last day will be something a bit more high-profile and/or recent, like last year.
I dunno this little rogue-like looks interesting. It doesn't all have to be Free Doom Eternals or whatever.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Day 14 of the Holiday giveaways. Second to last one. Today, for you:

Torchlight II

Torchlight II will be free at Epic Games Store until December 31st at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Torchlight II is filled to the brim with randomized levels, enemies and loot. Capturing all the flavor and excitement of the original, Torchlight II expands the world and adds features players wanted most, including online and LAN multiplayer.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Day 15 of the Holiday giveaways. And the last one is:

Jurassic World Evolution

Jurassic World Evolution will be free at Epic Games Store until January 7th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Store.
Take charge of operations on the legendary islands of the Muertes archipelago and bring the wonder, majesty and danger of dinosaurs to life. Build for Science, Entertainment or Security interests in an uncertain world where life always finds a way.

Next week's freebie at the Epic Game Store will be Crying Suns

Last edited: