Freebie Info - Mafia [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today, for you:

Mafia

Mafia will be free on Steam until September 5th at 7PM. To nab it, just go to the game's store page (link provided) and click "Add to account". Done.

Fyi, this is the original version of the game, not the 'Definitive Edition' remake.
It’s 1930. After an inadvertent brush with the mafia, cabdriver Tommy Angelo is reluctantly thrust into the world of organized crime. Initially, he is uneasy about falling in with the Salieri family, but soon the rewards become too big to ignore. As he rises through the ranks, the paydays keep getting bigger, but the jobs get even dirtier. Tommy may ultimately earn the respect of the Salieris, but becoming a Made Man will leave him more conflicted than ever with the new life he has chosen.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Man, and I just payed $23 for the trilogy on GOG.

Wait, what am I complaining about here? That's half of what it costs to fill my gas tank.

Oh, on further examination this looks like the Original Mafia and not the Deluxe version(which is on sale), and while I haven't played either, apparently the deluxe version has some QoL changes that the original version didn't have. Like having the option to drive a 1930's car stick shift instead of being required to do so.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Man, and I just payed $23 for the trilogy on GOG.

Wait, what am I complaining about here? That's half of what it costs to fill my gas tank.

Oh, on further examination this looks like the Original Mafia and not the Deluxe version(which is on sale), and while I haven't played either, apparently the deluxe version has some QoL changes that the original version didn't have. Like having the option to drive a 1930's car stick shift instead of being required to do so.
Yeah, it's the original, not the remake. Also, $23 for half a tank of gas? Lucky you.

Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Today, for you:

Mafia

Mafia will be free on Steam until September 5th at 7PM. To nab it, just go to the game's store page (link provided) and click "Add to account". Done.

Fyi, this is the original version of the game, not the 'Definitive Edition' remake.
It’s 1930. After an inadvertent brush with the mafia, cabdriver Tommy Angelo is reluctantly thrust into the world of organized crime. Initially, he is uneasy about falling in with the Salieri family, but soon the rewards become too big to ignore. As he rises through the ranks, the paydays keep getting bigger, but the jobs get even dirtier. Tommy may ultimately earn the respect of the Salieris, but becoming a Made Man will leave him more conflicted than ever with the new life he has chosen.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.
Oh it figures they'd only offer the original! Really kinda curious about the remake though, and what was improved upon. One thing the original really fizzled on was the driving. FFS was it slow, to the point of making running on foot look preferable. And the same music would play every time.

Reactions: Dalisclock