Freebie Info - Midnight Suns [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today, for you:

Midnight Suns

Midnight Suns will be free at Epic Games Store until June 13th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is the ultimate crossover event combining the rich story, character relationships, customization and progression of an RPG with the tactical strategy and combat mechanics of a revolutionary new card-based tactics game. Set in the darker side of the Marvel Universe, you will forge unbreakable bonds with legendary Marvel Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors in the fight against the world’s greatest threat yet…the demonic forces of Lilith and the elder god Chthon.
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Next week's freebie is Redout 2.

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Its.... kinda okay game? I guess? The game is split into two awkward halves, the first is deckbuilder/tactics game that mostly work well cause its firaxis and they know their stuff. Except its way too long and repetitive.

The reason its so long is because of the second half, a weird pseudo Marvel dating game. Between every mission you go back to a campus with ever Marvel hero and you just chill there with them, you can go and do outdoor paint with Wolverine (shit you not) while the world is literally about to collapse. First, you gotta be an hardcore Marvel fan to enjoy this part cause most of the character are at a point where they all finish they're traditional arc and they don't really grow, its just hanging out with them (with some dating sim throw in). Your actually character has essentially zero personality because he/she a nameless character you make, so they never develop any chemistry with any of them, its mostly just the hero alternating between reiterating their basic story and lavishing praise on the main character.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Its.... kinda okay game? I guess? The game is split into two awkward halves, the first is deckbuilder/tactics game that mostly work well cause its firaxis and they know their stuff. Except its way too long and repetitive.

The reason its so long is because of the second half, a weird pseudo Marvel dating game. Between every mission you go back to a campus with ever Marvel hero and you just chill there with them, you can go and do outdoor paint with Wolverine (shit you not) while the world is literally about to collapse. First, you gotta be an hardcore Marvel fan to enjoy this part cause most of the character are at a point where they all finish they're traditional arc and they don't really grow, its just hanging out with them (with some dating sim throw in). Your actually character has essentially zero personality because he/she a nameless character you make, so they never develop any chemistry with any of them, its mostly just the hero alternating between reiterating their basic story and lavishing praise on the main character.
I have to disagree with you about being a hardcore Marvel fan, I wouldn't consider myself one, I know the characters obviously, but I have pretty much ignored much of the cinematic universe. But I really liked this game, I liked trudging around the open world part of the game exploring, figuring out the puzzles and taking in the lore.

However, I do have to agree with you, there is a lack of urgency in what you're doing, especially as the game ramps up towards the end. The world is ending but you're only allowed to go out and beat up the bad guys once a day. It can't be that bad now can it, most laid back apocalypse ever.

Its a shame the game will never get a sequel, especially as it ends on cliffhanger. I think a sequel probably could of ironed out some of the wrinkles and made it a better experience.

But if you can get this game for free, I'd recommend it.