Frieza Returns In New Dragon Ball Z Movie For 2015

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I was honestly thinking they'd find some way to make Broly canon, I never thought they'd bring back Frieza!
He's going to need some serious power boost though. Goku literally became a God in the last movie and Frieza's been irrelevant back when Super Saiyan started to enter the equation. Now every Saiyan alive (Except Tarble) is capable of reaching that level!

Can't wait to see how they pull it off. Frieza was one of my favourite villains from the show (right next to The Ginyu Force, Super Buu and Raditz) so seeing him return to kicking ass after years of being a chew-toy will be such a joy to see!

... Why do I get the feeling this'll just end up like Emperor Pilaf in Battle of Gods?

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Radoh said:
Olas said:
Didn't Frieza blow up a planet at one point? And this is a person that you're all saying even a minor character in the series can now easily kill? The never ending inflation of power in DBZ never ceases to amuse me.
It's far worse than that actually, because he was not even the first to pull that stunt.
So Vegeta blew up that bug planet before arriving on Earth, then after losing to Goku he went on to get beat by one of the two advisors Frieza had, I forget his name, but then the Ginyus show up, all five of which were stronger than the one that Vegeta lost to, so that's eight guys who should be reasonably capable of destroying a planet before Frieza even shows up to fight someone.
Piccolo blows up the moon with little to no effort before Vegeta even shows up. It can't be much of a stretch to think that if he can blow up the moon with a single ki blast without exerting himself much, he can damn sure blow up a planet with a bit of effort.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
shintakie10 said:
Radoh said:
Olas said:
Didn't Frieza blow up a planet at one point? And this is a person that you're all saying even a minor character in the series can now easily kill? The never ending inflation of power in DBZ never ceases to amuse me.
It's far worse than that actually, because he was not even the first to pull that stunt.
So Vegeta blew up that bug planet before arriving on Earth, then after losing to Goku he went on to get beat by one of the two advisors Frieza had, I forget his name, but then the Ginyus show up, all five of which were stronger than the one that Vegeta lost to, so that's eight guys who should be reasonably capable of destroying a planet before Frieza even shows up to fight someone.
Piccolo blows up the moon with little to no effort before Vegeta even shows up. It can't be much of a stretch to think that if he can blow up the moon with a single ki blast without exerting himself much, he can damn sure blow up a planet with a bit of effort.
Oh right, forgot about that

Basically the point is DBZ is hilarious with Power Creep and you would do well to not mimic that.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I want to see Frieza shit his pants when he finds out there's not just SS2, but 3 as well, since he got his ass kicked buy SS1 Goku. I wonder if he'd laugh at 3's hair...

I was going to say "didn't he die like...twice already?" But I suppose if Goku wants to fight him like he fought Uub I guess the earth will have to deal with it. Shouldn't be to much of a problem...unless he throws another giant energy ball down to the core...dammit Goku.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
The issue i have with this is that Goku didn't just beat Freiza with sheer power he beat him both spiritually and mentally as well in that fight. Goku left at the end because Freiza was no longer a challenge anymore. The loss to Goku left a permanent mental scar on him that is made evident with how he panics when Trunks reveals he is a SSJ.

Freiza was and always will be a sadistic cowardly bully who (until SSJ form) held a massive power advantage vs all of his opponents. As a result he was a poor fighter ,who when he meets his match, get stomped hard. Even with more power he will still be a bad fighter who is not mentally, physically, or spiritually able to fight the superior Z fighters.

Yan007

Jan 31, 2011
I'm calling it : the God of destruction and Frieza will fuse together somehow and will be the ultimate threat.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I was actually hoping this would be a live action sequel to the critically panned movie, just so Cinema Sins could do another 30min ep on it.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
So presumably Frieza is going to get more powerful somehow given a non super saiyan gohan was so much stronger than him the first time he was resurrected he literally got 1shotted.

I guess since Cooler had a 4th transformation Frieza will attain something similar and that'll be their logic to him being able to fight Goku. God I hope they don't give goku that stupid new form again he had in the last movie where he fought the purple kangaroo guy.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I'm just looking forward to the moment TeamFourStar gets their hands on this movie on DVD.

And I'm sure they'll make Freeza a threat somehow. Doesn't matter how, the series has never been particularly picky about that. Everything powers up as time passes, logic doesn't really enter into it. Things like a scientist who's creations were only a mild threat during Dragonball suddenly being able to build fighters far stronger than the heroes who were far stronger than galactic overlords. Or the Z-fighters becoming strong enough from King Kai's training to beat the Ginyu's, who were stronger than Vegeta at the time, who was stronger than Vegeta on earth, who was stronger than Goky after he'd done the same training.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
bificommander said:
I'm just looking forward to the moment TeamFourStar gets their hands on this movie on DVD.

And I'm sure they'll make Freeza a threat somehow. Doesn't matter how, the series has never been particularly picky about that. Everything powers up as time passes, logic doesn't really enter into it. Things like a scientist who's creations were only a mild threat during Dragonball suddenly being able to build fighters far stronger than the heroes who were far stronger than galactic overlords. Or the Z-fighters becoming strong enough from King Kai's training to beat the Ginyu's, who were stronger than Vegeta at the time, who was stronger than Vegeta on earth, who was stronger than Goky after he'd done the same training.
Yep, I've never actually watched DBZ, and don't care to, but DAMN am I excited for the return of Frieza to DBZ Abridged. xD

*dances happily*

As to how they will make him a threat, that's easy, he'll get a powerup like everyone else does in the series. He'll come back from death with some new power or whatever, which is 1:How he was able to return, and 2:Why he is a new threat.

But really I don't care, I just eagerly await littlekuriboh's return as the dulcet tones of Loooord Frieza!

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
So is he gonna be a joke character or something? As far as i remember he got his ass kicked repeatedly after his saga ended, even immortality in one of the movies didn't help him much.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm laughing at this, but only because Team Four Star have made it so I can't take anything in DBZ seriously. I know Frieza's a badass (and to me, the last time Dragon Ball had a real menacing villain), but nowadays I'm more familiar with DBZ Abridged than the show itself.

ISearchForTraps

Jun 22, 2009
Maybe after Frieza is resurrected, the second wish will be that no Super Saiyans exist, Piccolo and 18 will get taken out of the picture somehow, and the Base Saiyans will have to fight him. Beerus/Bills stated that Base Goku wasn't strong enough to beat Frieza in Battle of Gods, so arguably neither are Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan and Goten...Or Pan if she's knocking about by the time of the movie.

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
shintakie10 said:
Radoh said:
Olas said:
Master Roshi blew up the Moon in the SECOND arc of Dragon Ball. Kami only knows how it got back there.

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
Ya know, I'm actually really glad about this idea. In my opinion Frieza was THE BEST Dragonball villain and ending the series after his defeat would've been perfect. Really, power is a non-factor in the Dragonball universe, since powercreep has essentially built a summer home there. Powering up to ludicrous levels is no problem at all, so why couldn't Frieza be given that change as well?

I think the reason why I love Frieza character-wise is that he's one of the rare opponents that seems to have GROWN among with his power. I mean he's the Emperor Space Napoleon and carries immense amounts of dignity and pride with that. He's the first villain that could effortlessly destroy planets and he KNOWS that. He takes joy in toying with people, acting nice and reasonable as long as he gets his way. Taking a life means nothing to him, but when he finds a reason to despite someone, he takes joy in making them suffer. It's just interesting to see someone corrupted so far beyond anything humane by their god-like powers.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
this is cool and all, but Frieza is just completely outclassed at this point, I thought when Beerus mentioned 12 universes, that was a setup for a sequel (he mentioned that other universes have spawned fighters even greater) so I thought maybe this was an alternate universe Frieza that found his way to the 7th universe (which the series has thus-far occupied) and turned out to be incredibly powerful, but no, since he's being revived by the Dragon Balls, I think we can assume it's the same Frieza, I mean, maybe he's been getting stronger in Hell, but even then it's hard to believe he'd be a threat to Goku, who became an actual God in the last movie, and unless I'm much mistaken, managed to retain much of that power even after the form expired, whether he lost it or not is never stated, but even if he did, he knows how to reach it now, for that matter so can Vegeta, or any Super Saiyan for that matter. My point being Frieza is going to need one hell of a power-up to be taken seriously this time around

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
And let me guess, they STILL won't let Vegeta get a win over Frieza.

It'll be a big Goku wank-fest, Goku will beat everybody, Vegeta will make a 5 minute cameo, it will be really badass for about 2 minutes before the bad guy knocks him out for the rest of the movie.

Incredible bitterness I know but as a DBZ fan the last thing I want to see if yet another fucking Goku circle-jerk movie.

By the DBZ universe's own lore Vegeta should be the strongest Saiyan, Saiyans gain increased power levels for every fight they are in, Saiyans gain exponential power increases when being brought back from the brink of death - Vegeta has been in so many more fights, and has been close to death more times than Goku or any other character. Vegeta trains the most, easily, by far and large.

It pisses me off that he has such a large fan base but they never hand him a fucking win. If Vegeta does not kill Frieza in this next movie, I will completely lose hope that DBZ will ever be interesting ever again. Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta and killed his father, King Vegeta, Vegeta is more deserving of anyone to get the kill on Frieza, but I already know that he won't. It'll be Goku going super saiyan 4000 extra double god mode ultra deity while Vegeta struggles to break Super Saiyan 2 and pops in to say hi for a few minutes.

Fucking Toriyama constantly writing Vegeta like shit just because fans liked him so much he had to keep him in instead of killing him off (which is what he really wanted to do).

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Whatislove said:
And let me guess, they STILL won't let Vegeta get a win over Frieza.

It'll be a big Goku wank-fest, Goku will beat everybody, Vegeta will make a 5 minute cameo, it will be really badass for about 2 minutes before the bad guy knocks him out for the rest of the movie.

Incredible bitterness I know but as a DBZ fan the last thing I want to see if yet another fucking Goku circle-jerk movie.

By the DBZ universe's own lore Vegeta should be the strongest Saiyan, Saiyans gain increased power levels for every fight they are in, Saiyans gain exponential power increases when being brought back from the brink of death - Vegeta has been in so many more fights, and has been close to death more times than Goku or any other character. Vegeta trains the most, easily, by far and large.

It pisses me off that he has such a large fan base but they never hand him a fucking win. If Vegeta does not kill Frieza in this next movie, I will completely lose hope that DBZ will ever be interesting ever again. Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta and killed his father, King Vegeta, Vegeta is more deserving of anyone to get the kill on Frieza, but I already know that he won't. It'll be Goku going super saiyan 4000 extra double god mode ultra deity while Vegeta struggles to break Super Saiyan 2 and pops in to say hi for a few minutes.

Fucking Toriyama constantly writing Vegeta like shit just because fans liked him so much he had to keep him in instead of killing him off (which is what he really wanted to do).
As a fan of Piccolo and Tien, I support what you're sayin.

Seriously, Tien gets the shortest end of the stick of all the characters. At least when Yamcha doesn't put up a fight you can blame the fact that he basically gave up fightin after he realized just how outclassed he was by a damn 5 year old, but Tien never gave up. He trained day in and day out and the best he's ever been able to do is to very barely stall someone. He held off form 2 cell for...however the hell long an episode is in DBZ time (and in the end it didn't even make a damn difference because Vegeta screws it all up anyway) and against Buu he stalls him for all of 5 seconds before instantly gettin absorbed like a punk.

Poor poor Tien.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
bificommander said:
Or the Z-fighters becoming strong enough from King Kai's training to beat the Ginyu's, who were stronger than Vegeta at the time, who was stronger than Vegeta on earth, who was stronger than Goky after he'd done the same training.
That was filler. It never happened in the manga. In the manga all the Z-fighters on King Kai's planet were about as weak as you'd expect if my sources are correct (I never read the manga).

Whatislove said:
Toriyama is already on record saying that was a mistranslation and he doesn't hate Vegeta at all. It might surprise you to hear that actually...
In an interview in the March 2014 issue of Saikyo Jump (released on February 2014), Akira Toriyama says that, in the event that there is talk of another animated film after Battle of Gods (2013), he would like Vegeta to play the main role (adding that this is nothing more than intentions, and that he has not decided anything at all).[footnote]http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Vegeta#Trivia[/footnote]
shintakie10 said:
Buu he stalls him for all of 5 seconds before instantly gettin absorbed like a punk.

Poor poor Tien.
Huh. I don't remember Tien getting absorbed. I always thought Tien continued to be badass honestly. Wasn't everyone impressed that he managed to hold off Cell as long as he did? I know I was.